Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2018 1:31:58 PM EDT
I can't stand any of the regular store bought crap, jack link, obertos, etc.  
Beef jerky should in no way have sugar as one of the ingredients!    I want a spicy, smoky flavor.

Some of my favorites are:
Pats beef jerky
No mans land beef jerky

But I can't get either of them locally.

Anybody know where to get some good beef jerky locally?  I've tried the stuff Von Hansons sells and didn't care for it at all.

Before anyone suggests it I don't have the ability to make my own right now, hopefully in a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Santana’s Black Label jerky is local. Really good stuff. I like their ‘Super Mario’ blend. Probably the best local ‘small batch/boutique’ jerky.

Weisner’s Finest was my favorite jerky on the national level for a while, but they unexpectedly put their site on hiatus a year or so ago, and stopped showing up to the art festivals and gun shows out here. Their lineup and meats were just unbeatable. I really hope they’re okay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll add that I also hate most the store bought crap like Jack Links, Obertos, etc. That said, I did finally find a commercially stocked jerky in a big bag that I do like - Old Trapper. Mind you, I only eat their teriyaki flavor, and it sounds like you’re looking for something different. Old Trapper teriyaki is damn good, though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Now ya went and got my taste buds jumping, going to run on over to Santana’s Black Label in Glendale to grab some .
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I get my favorite from Texas A&M
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll add that I also hate most the store bought crap like Jack Links, Obertos, etc. That said, I did finally find a commercially stocked jerky in a big bag that I do like - Old Trapper. Mind you, I only eat their teriyaki flavor, and it sounds like you’re looking for something different. Old Trapper teriyaki is damn good, though.
View Quote
Thanks.  I'll check them out when I get back in town.

Does Santana's have a storefront?  It looks like they might have just moved and I don't see anything on their website about an address.

I'm generally not a teriyaki fan when it comes to jerky but I'll have to give Old Trapper a try.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I get my favorite from Texas A&M
View Quote
This stuff?
https://beefjerky.tamu.edu/
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife and I have made our own for decades.

No fancy dehydrators or other equipment needed, just learn how to work your grill/smoker.

From deer to beef, to elk, it's not that difficult.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does Santana's have a storefront?  It looks like they might have just moved and I don't see anything on their website about an address.
View Quote
Not sure on the storefront. I usually stock up on it when I happen to tag along with the wife to the weekend downtown Phoenix farmers market, and they’ve got a booth setup there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Everytime myself or anyone i know goes to California, i have them stop in Quartzite at that Daniels Fresh Jerky Place. They got some good stuff. I havent honestly looked in the valley for some of that similar "special" jerky as i call it. Its always worth the price.

When i had my liquor stores in California, we used to sell this product called Divine Bovine Beef Jerky. Its Brisket of beef cut. Its soo damn Soft its fuckin addicting. I havent seen it carried locally in stores here in Arizona, so i order it from their website when i get a craving. $60 gets you 8 of their large bags mix or match and its shipped free when you buy that deal!

Their Jalapeno is awesome. and so is their hot and tangy beef. The pork is great too! Damnit, looks like i gotta order some. Damn you OP
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Hobe butcher shop  (16st-ish and bethany) has some pretty good ones, and a lot of really good cuts of meat.

Von Hanson's in the east valley also has some really good jerky. Plus a bunch of good beef/sausage/duck. That's also where I take my deer/elk/pigs. They do a really good job with sausages and nice clean cuts after I get done mangling the meat via headlamp on the side of a hill the night before

I tried to do the DIY route, but with my inexpensive dehydrator, the sauce/fat leaks onto the heating element and causes a bunch of smoke. It was good, but it was just a pain in the ass, and my dehydrator really heats up whatever room it's in now, so I don't use it much in the summer. I haven't tried it yet in the oven.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#12]
no mans land is the best
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This stuff?
https://beefjerky.tamu.edu/
View Quote
Yup!  but i see it has sugar in it.. sorry.  It is not sweet at all and has a good strong pepper flavor with old school feel... like if you polish off the bag your jaw will be tired lol.

Mine

Link Posted: 5/11/2018 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#14]
You might like this one, no sugar added.  I buy it on Amazon.

https://peopleschoicebeefjerky.com/collections/keto-friendly-sugar-free
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some of my favorites are:
Pats beef jerky
View Quote
Having grown up eating Pat's.  It doesn't get much better.  Plus they where only a short drive up the road for me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup!  but i see it has sugar in it.. sorry.  It is not sweet at all and has a good strong pepper flavor with old school feel... like if you polish off the bag your jaw will be tired lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm willing to give anything a try once.  I'll check it out.

Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Having grown up eating Pat's.  It doesn't get much better.  Plus they where only a short drive up the road for me.
View Quote
@HK_farmer

I spent my first 18 years in Dodge City so I grew up on it too.  It's good stuff!
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is good stuff and cheap shipping. Old fashion beef jerky flavor. Now Ihave to go order some more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top