Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2022 3:42:43 PM EDT
Anybody happen to have a repair shop they'd trust? I have a lift on my 4runner and the steering is getting wonky.

I've been using the dealership for years and have been happy, but I'm a bit interested in venturing out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By simple06:
Anybody happen to have a repair shop they'd trust? I have a lift on my 4runner and the steering is getting wonky.

I've been using the dealership for years and have been happy, but I'm a bit interested in venturing out.
View Quote

I've only ever taken my Toyotas back to Findlay for repairs. Despite all the jokes about dealer service etc., they've consistently taken care of all my trucks since 2009 including installing lifts without any fear of voiding warranties. I'm sure there are plenty of competent independent shops, I've just never felt the need to mess with something that's worked. Let me know what you find out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
TLS auto on sunset in Hendo.
Toyota. Lexus. Scion.  The owner and brother were toyota techs and they are reasonably priced as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

I've only ever taken my Toyotas back to Findlay for repairs. Despite all the jokes about dealer service etc., they've consistently taken care of all my trucks since 2009 including installing lifts without any fear of voiding warranties. I'm sure there are plenty of competent independent shops, I've just never felt the need to mess with something that's worked. Let me know what you find out.
View Quote

Findlay here too. My experience mirrors yours; I'm just a bit curious if I can get the same work for less. Whatever the price of dealerships it's nice to have something done right.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:38:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chiz45] [#4]
Trusted Imports near Flamingo and Decatur has been working on my Yotas for the last couple years.  He’s comfortable OEM and modded vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Centennial Toyota was ok until I had them do a rotation with one of my service appointments and they lied to me, my tires are marked. They did not rotate but charged me for it then tried to say it was some “new technician” who made a mistake and thought he did it. Wrong. I called them out, broke their little review hearts and never went back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
Centennial Toyota was ok until I had them do a rotation with one of my service appointments and they lied to me, my tires are marked. They did not rotate but charged me for it then tried to say it was some “new technician” who made a mistake and thought he did it. Wrong. I called them out, broke their little review hearts and never went back.
View Quote

My first service was in 2010 with Centennial. I don't remember the details, but they turned me off and I never went back. I've always been happy with Findlay.

As to my latest issue I stayed with Findlay. It was suspension ( non OEM, upper control arms ) and they had the parts. I am curious if I can get some of the same work but at a better price at another shop. For now I'm good but have not ruled out trying another shop at some point. Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chiz45:
Trusted Imports near Flamingo and Decatur has been working on my Yotas for the last couple years.  He’s comfortable OEM and modded vehicles.
View Quote

Agreed on that one.

Findlay employs a couple of thieves and they stole from my vehicle while in service ( I was waiting for it to be done, so it was only their employees in it). They acted like it was no big deal and took the value off the service cost.

1 strike.

They also said I refused to have a recall repair done when I checked out. It was in for another service and they had it all day for a one hour job and were supposed to do the recall. He said they ran out of time and wanted me to bring it back. I said that was fine until I read the invoice where they lied and said I refused. Seems like a good attempt to shift liability onto the customer about the recall.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chiz45:
View Quote

I just brought my 4runner to them, they were excellent. They will be getting more of the repairs I have on the horizon (timing belt and shocks).
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I have 190k on mine now and will run it until the engine starts to choke. Hoping for 300k.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LVMIKE:

I just brought my 4runner to them, they were excellent. They will be getting more of the repairs I have on the horizon (timing belt and shocks).
View Quote

What year?
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Dave Wilson Toyota is my recommendation. They give us Tundra guys a good discount and the service is very good so far. There are some shops that Sin City Tundras seem to recommend but I have never used them because
DW Toyota has done me right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top