Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2019 2:01:15 AM EDT
I ordered some stuff from First Spear. When it finally shipped (states on their website at least 2 days) I got my stuff the next day. I didn't pay for Next day air. Checked the label and low and behold they're based out of Fenton, MO. That got me wondering what other companies are based out of our state. I would rather keep my money in state when I can.

Here's a list I know of so far.

First Spear-Fenton, MO
SKD Tactical-Pacific or Eureka, MO
GA Precision- North Kansas City, MO
Badger Ordnance - North Kansas City, MO
Manners Stocks -North Kansas City, MO (GA, Badger and Manner's are all across the street from each other. George from GA or whoever owns Manners owns all 3 buildings)
Ed Brown Products  Perry, MO
Sierra Bullets - Sedalia, MO
Midway USA -Columbia, MO (personally I think they're gone down hill over the years)

CZ USA and Hog Saddle are right across the border in Kansas, so I feel like they're worth mentioning although it is Kansas

Anyone got any other companies to add to the list?

ETA: MOAR Hotlinks!

Tactical Shit

CMMG

Galati Gear

Doubletap Defense

Heizer Defense

Ace Case

Midwest Gun Works

Starline Brass

Graf & Sons

Missouri Bullet Company

Meister Bullets

C&S Metall-Werkes

Fiocchi Ammo

Black Rain Ordnance

B&R Guns

Stern Defense

Triple River Gunsmithing

Show Me Gunstocks no website

Black Branch Shooting Sports

Crossbreed Holsters

Fast and Friendly Brass

JSE Surplus

Grandmasters LLC

Propper

Elite Survival Systems

LS Grips

Rivers Bend Gun Company

Black Rifle gunshop

In Lead We Trust

Asymmetric Training Solutions

Non Firearm community companies that support the 2nd

1st Phorm Supplements I use some of their products and follow them on social media. They support the 2nd amendment, post videos of doing group shoots. And have Alex Zedra as a spokesperson  

S2 Supplement Superstore They sell 1st phorm Supps. A lot of their guys go shooting. They do corprate shoots as team bonding as well.

Opy's General Store FB Link

Criswell Holler Knives FB lInk

Everlast

Honorable Mention. These companies are either a few seconds or minutes from the border, or have offices/support centers here in MO.

FN

CZ

Smith & Wesson

Hog Saddle

KAK Industries

Federal Ammo my understanding is that Federal buys surplus ammo from the Lake City plant.

Hodgdon

Fort Scott Munitions

Evil Corporations

Bass Pro who now owns Cabela's not hot linking them
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
CMMG !!

Heizer Defense
DoubleTap

Galati Gear has a Villa Ridge mailing address but I thought they were actually located down around Bunker.  I might be getting confused, but there was something down there in the middle of nowhere, and I thought it was them.

Ace Case used to be in St. Clair....not sure if they still are.

Then TacticalGear.com is in Chesterfield valley, but the owner made some anti-gun comments after the Colorado theater shooter bought his vest from them.

There used to be a manufacturer in Washington MO.  Rhino Arms or something like that?

There's also a knife company in Fenton as well.  Cant think of the name.

Edit:  Just remembered that Sportsman Supply is in Fenton as well.  They are a distributor and fulfillment company for hundreds of different sporting, camping, hunting, fishing, etc brands.  It's not really any place you can go shop at, but it's there none the less.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Graf and Sons
Starline brass
Missouri bullet company
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those guys that made the fancy competition ARs. I think they went out of business.

Starline brass is another big name. Graf's is a Missouri mail-order house. I think the father might have the retail store by the same name in St. Charles.

Smith and Wesson is building a big facility in Columbia, not sure what they're going to do there though.

In addition to Missouri Bullet Co, there is another cast bullet manufacturer, Meister bullets are located in Ozark, MO.
View Quote
Yes, they have at lest two retail Store fronts.

I've been to the St.Charles one several times.  It's just down from Cableas, right off 5th St. I think that is.  If you reload and go to one, might as well hit both.

I've been in the other at 4132 S. Clark St. Mexico, MO 65265 a few times when I had to go to Mexico for work. I think its storefront room is just a bit larger, but has a HUGE warehouse outback for their Internet/Mailorder business. No walking or looking though it.

Both are pretty nice and helpful.
The two are no longer connected and don't like to be asked about it.
Both stock a good handful of guns, but neither have very much in the way of Taticool things.  Reloading is their forte as the name would suggest.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
CMMG !!
View Quote
Quoted:

Those guys that made the fancy competition ARs. I think they went out of business.

Starline brass is another big name. Graf's is a Missouri mail-order house. I think the father might have the retail store by the same name in St. Charles.

Smith and Wesson is building a big facility in Columbia, not sure what they're going to do there though.

In addition to Missouri Bullet Co, there is another cast bullet manufacturer, Meister bullets are located in Ozark, MO.
View Quote
How did I forget CMMG?

IIRC S&W bought or its parent company bought battenfield tech. The company that owns Midway USA. The facility they're building down there is to expand the warehouse they already have down there. Battenfield is owned by Larry Potterfield I believe.

One other I forgot to mention. FN has some sort of support facility here in MO. Warranty work and maybe custom work as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How did I forget CMMG?

IIRC S&W bought or its parent company bought battenfield tech. The company that owns Midway USA. The facility they're building down there is to expand the warehouse they already have down there. Battenfield is owned by Larry Potterfield I believe.

One other I forgot to mention. FN has some sort of support facility here in MO. Warranty work and maybe custom work as well.
View Quote
That dang Battenfield owns like 10-12 brands too...
https://www.btibrands.com/
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure your thinking of Midwest Gun Works in Pevely MO.
View Quote
They very well may be one in the same. I can't find it on their website now, but they used to list a MO address for service and repair IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is the new S&W warehouse is going in Columbia...not sure if they will have a walk in...but it's good news for us.  https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/03/gunmaker-smith-wesson-to-move-distribution-center-to-mo/
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure your thinking of Midwest Gun Works in Pevely MO.
View Quote
Nope... FN is in arnold
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Fiocchi
Midway
That place that does nfa engraving in fenton - arch engraving?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fiocchi
Midway
That place that does nfa engraving in fenton - arch engraving?
View Quote
I had no idea Fiocchi is in MO. Their website lists a 417 area code. I've had good luck with their ammo. I'll have to pick some more up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Black Rain Ordinance is in Neosho.

The town of Warsaw still does custom/aftermarket wood stock making. The "real" Faijen which was the most well known stock maker in Warsaw, is not doing business anymore, but was bought out by another person which uses Faijen's molds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Black Rain Ordinance is in Neosho.

The town of Warsaw still does custom/aftermarket wood stock making. The "real" Faijen which was the most well known stock maker in Warsaw, is not doing business anymore, but was bought out by another person which uses Faijen's molds.
View Quote
Forgot about B.R.O.

All the years I went to Warsaw to see my grandparents, never knew about that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then you’ve never used their 5.7x28 manufactured ammunition.

It’s sold as...

Federal American Eagle
FN SS197
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea Fiocchi is in MO. Their website lists a 417 area code. I've had good luck with their ammo. I'll have to pick some more up.
Then you’ve never used their 5.7x28 manufactured ammunition.

It’s sold as...

Federal American Eagle
FN SS197
Never shot 5.7. Almost shot a P90 once, but the ranger wanted like $30 bucks a box for ammo

I've only used their .223 and 9mm loads.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Ahhh cant believe no one said this one....lake city aap.  It is by blue springs mo.

Also bass pro (and now cabelas) is based out of springfield.

Stern defense (most famous for ar glock mag well conversions) is based out of summerville mo

Oh the ks side hodgon powder is (or was) based out of olatha next door to the bullet hole.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#21]
The Reinhart Fajen and Bishop Co.s are long gone but I have heard that there is a new stock manufacturer in town. Don't know if he offers custom stock fit and finishing or only sells blanks. Don't know if he offers higher grade wood or if he does checkering.
Triple River gunsmithing I believe, does gun stocking but maybe only on CZs as they are the CZ custom shop.
Show Me Gunstocks just south of Warsaw and Wenigs in Lincoln both do first class work .
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
edit nevermind look like they moved everything to indy
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Great thread OP.

Fiocchi is in Ozark, Mo south of Spfg.

CMMG is G2G!!!

Anybody mention crossbreed holsters out of the Republic, Mo (SPFG) area?
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#26]
JSE Surplus is in Cape Girardeau.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Ed Brown is in Perry MO
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#28]
KAK Industry's is headquartered out of Lees Summit but their Manufacturing is all done in CA.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't think of his company name but our on MO HTF Member Bill/Brassahaulic has some sort of Reloading Brass Processing business and he also makes add on upgrades for certain Reloading presses.

Wish I could remember his webpage's URL...  Bill, if you see this, you might as well reply and get it added on...
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can't think of his company name but our on MO HTF Member Bill/Brassahaulic has some sort of Reloading Brass Processing business and he also makes add on upgrades for certain Reloading presses.

Wish I could remember his webpage's URL...  Bill, if you see this, you might as well reply and get it added on...
View Quote
Scroll up about 4 posts in this thread!!!!!!  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Good-Missouri-Companies-to-Support/32-634175/#i6987126
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Tactical Shit is in St. Peters
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scroll up about 4 posts in this thread!!!!!!  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Good-Missouri-Companies-to-Support/32-634175/#i6987126
Crap, I see it now..  Totally missed and blew that one....  My bad.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldn't call that guy good. I'll have to remember that when I start reloading.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tactical Shit is in St. Peters
View Quote
They once asked on their Facebook page how they can get more people's business. I said to quit selling cheap Chinese shit. They literally sell Tactical Shit . I do like them, but I feel like you can find better stuff elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great thread OP.

CMMG is G2G!!!

View Quote
I always thought they were in Nebraska. Did they move? Or was I wrong all this time?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#36]
GrandMasters, LLC. I think this guy used to go by Power Custom. Gravois Mills
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call that guy good. I'll have to remember that when I start reloading.
View Quote
He's sketchy. lol
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I always thought they were in Nebraska. Did they move? Or was I wrong all this time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great thread OP.

CMMG is G2G!!!

Used to be in a Republic.  Now it likes like they’re in Spfg

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Bottom of page
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Their 5.7x28 is so bad, I don’t think I can trust ANY of their ammunition.
View Quote
Their 9mm works fine.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Propper is in St Charles.

Isn't Eagle Industries still hanging around in Fenton?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bottom of page
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great thread OP.

CMMG is G2G!!!

Bottom of page
I saw that in their website. I thought they were in Nebraska for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Propper's website said St. Charles. I had no idea. I've heard they've improved their quality over the past few years as well.

Can't find a website for Eagle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Thoughts about getting this thread highlighted and pinned to the top of the MOHTF?

ETA. I can update the OP with websites.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Used to be, but they moved.  8 or 9 years ago.  I cleaned up at their moving sale.  Got a big two stage compressor, lathe, two drill presses, a whole house dehumidifier, and more for under $1000.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Fort Scott Munitions just over the border in Fort Scott, KS

Great group of guys and side note they sponsor Kris Tanto Paronto.

https://fortscottmunitions.com/
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#48]
https://www.lsgrips.com/ is in Neosho, Mo.

Custom pistol grips in wood  and other materials.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]
If we had smart legislators they'd be courting Stag...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There used to be a manufacturer in Washington MO.  Rhino Arms or something like that?

The Smith&Wesson place out on Z is offices and central warehouse for the USA.

I looked at the property next door, and asked "what's the construction site?"  I drove by it the other week; really glad that's not my next door neighbor.  Something like 70 bays for semis to load and unload.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top