Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2019 5:20:38 PM EDT
What’s there to do when not at work?

Obviously I will be unarmed while up there so shooting is probably out.

What will the weather be like in September ? Will I need a jacket?
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you coming up here for?

You’re not far from NH, have you thought about staying there? You would be able to bring a gun and carry until you cross into MA.

September can still get hot during the day but cools off at night. Jeans and a light/medium jacket or hoodie should be adequate.

Several gun shops in NH and MA to check out, but you won’t be able to buy guns or ammo here.

Freedom Trail in Boston.
Lots of history throughout the state.
Good restaurants all over the place.
There are some other threads here you can look through for more ideas.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Will be working on a couple of construction/demolition projects as a fill in safety Manager to help our northeast region out.

Weird how some states regulate ammo sales. I was able to buy ammo in New York, I just had to show my Texas carry permit.

I absolutely planned to see NH.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay out of Lowell and Lawrence.

If you're into military history and/or tanks then I highly recommend checking out the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA.  This is a new museum that just opened a couple of months ago.  It contains a large portion of the old Jacques Littlefield collection.

Hammond Castle over in Gloucester, MA is interesting.  It was the home of John Hammond, the inventor of modern radio control systems.  He was very eccentric in his property and collections.

If you want a good gun range with rentals, go up to Hudson, NH (not to be confused with Hudson, MA where the tank museum is) and check out Granite State Indoor Range.  They do have a policy on gun rentals (to cut down on suicides) that you'll need to have a second person with you or have one personally owned firearm with you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
First week went pretty good.

Like most over regulated states I find myself working in, almost all of the folks I am working with are conservative , pro 2A and decent people.

They are amazed when I tell them that Texas has thousands of miles of highways with speed limits of 75-85 mph.

I finally got to ask someone what “wicked pissah” meant

They answered and asked me to define what “YeeHaw” meant. I said it was what my ancestors would frequently yell while actively shooting at their ancestors from 1861-1865
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you’re having a good time. You nailed it with the over regulated part. We live under the thumb of Boston.

If we could get rid of Boston we could easily be a red state.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Lemme know if you need food suggestions in the area, OP
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lemme know if you need food suggestions in the area, OP
View Quote
Went to 99 and had a lobster roll. Pretty good.

Mostly eat at hotel ( room has a kitchen so I am grocery shopping)

My hotel is in Tewksbury and 99 was close.

What else ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like I have been extended here until December. ( I am flown back home to Texas every other weekend)

It has been a long time since I have been someplace cold in the winter.

When can I expect to start freezing my ass off?( 40 is freezing my ass off In Texan)
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
You still have time. What will happen is you freeze at night and early mornings and then sweat your ass off. Then as the sun goes down all your sweat freezes.
We’re starting our 14th season known as “false fall”.

It’s sweatshirt weather until January for me, after that it starts getting consistently cold.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#10]
So. Bring cold weather clothes when I come back on Monday
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, 7 weeks has turned into almost 5 months. Y’all’s weather sucks this time of year.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:43:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol.  This ain't shit.  Just wait until January/February.
View Quote
No thank you. My go home and start working on our Texas projects date is 12/18.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No thank you. My go home and start working on our Texas projects date is 12/18.
View Quote
Says the guy who was already extended to double time on station...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top