Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2018 10:18:54 PM EDT
Hey guys, leaving the heat for Flagstaff tomorrow. Going to stay with my wife’s friend she met while doing bikini competitions.

Is there any good spots to take them and the .22 so I can show them how to shoot and plink a little?  I’m not about trashing places or acting like a douche. I know how protective people are of good spots, and for good reason.

I know the rules (wife is on left):
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the opening weekend for a lot of hunts so be respectful where you go or push it off a few weeks
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No Olympia weekend?
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Best Hometown post ever.......!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the opening weekend for a lot of hunts so be respectful where you go or push it off a few weeks
View Quote
Oh really?  Shit. This is more of a once in a while type thing. Can’t really push it. We are going to Prescott then to Flag to stay overnight with the friend so I was hoping for a small patch to plink.

I don’t want to mess anyone’s stuff up.  Well, I hope someone can clue me in to a good spot but if not oh well I guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No Olympia weekend?
View Quote
They are burned out. Three shows in last year capped off with Europa not too long ago. Plus not too many of the athletes are happy with the judging. Felicia Ramero might even get cancelled. At least that’s the small bit of info I hear through the grape(supplement?) line. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Willard Springs Rd or Rocky Park Rd off of I-17.  Either one you can just drive into the forest and find a place. If you are coming from Flagstaff, stay on the right side of the freeway on Willard Springs Rd.  On Rocky Park Rd either side of the freeway is good.   Pretty country and if you go in the middle part of the day you shouldn't disrupt many hunters.  Also, on 89A just above the switchbacks (within a couple of miles) there are a couple of roads that head west...ish into the forest.  Same skinny there, just head out and find a spot with a good backstop.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Willard Springs Rd or Rocky Park Rd off of I-17.  Either one you can just drive into the forest and find a place. If you are coming from Flagstaff, stay on the right side of the freeway on Willard Springs Rd.  On Rocky Park Rd either side of the freeway is good.   Pretty country and if you go in the middle part of the day you shouldn't disrupt many hunters.  Also, on 89A just above the switchbacks (within a couple of miles) there are a couple of roads that head west...ish into the forest.  Same skinny there, just head out and find a spot with a good backstop.  Have fun!
View Quote
Awesome!!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are burned out. Three shows in last year capped off with Europa not too long ago. Plus not too many of the athletes are happy with the judging. Felicia Ramero might even get cancelled. At least that’s the small bit of info I hear through the grape(supplement?) line. Lol.
View Quote
That's a lot of prep in just a year, makes sense.  I've always said the politics in BB rival only that on Capital Hill based on what I've seen and heard about over the years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's a lot of prep in just a year, makes sense.  I've always said the politics in BB rival only that on Capital Hill based on what I've seen and heard about over the years.
View Quote
That’s a perfect way to sum it up. It’s some of the worst I’ve ever seen. And these girls put all of their self esteem into those trophies and they don’t mean shit because it’s all politics/scamming/fixed.

I always tell them to enjoy the process and friends they meet backstage fun. Forget about winning/loosing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you get a chance to shoot?

I usually suggest bloody basin. That seems to be a free-fire area for target shooters anyway.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did you get a chance to shoot?

I usually suggest bloody basin. That seems to be a free-fire area for target shooters anyway.
View Quote
Not that I’m surprised but no, we didn’t. We woke up late, got to the snow bowl late, and it went down hill from there. If it didn’t take three hours to get home we probably could have done a little

But we did go to the observatory last night and everyone got to look through my new WP night vision tubes so that was cool.

We will probably be back next month.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I always hate driving back south on I17 on Sundays. It's almost worth it just to wake up early on Monday.

Most of the "pull over and shoot" areas are going to look like used truck lots from now through Nov with all the hunters, but you should be able to find a spot. If not, Ben every is right there too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I always hate driving back south on I17 on Sundays. It's almost worth it just to wake up early on Monday.

Most of the "pull over and shoot" areas are going to look like used truck lots from now through Nov with all the hunters, but you should be able to find a spot. If not, Ben every is right there too.
View Quote
Yeah actually it was too bad this time. At least there were no standstills.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey guys, leaving the heat for Flagstaff tomorrow. Going to stay with my wife’s friend she met while doing bikini competitions.

Is there any good spots to take them and the .22 so I can show them how to shoot and plink a little?  I’m not about trashing places or acting like a douche. I know how protective people are of good spots, and for good reason.

I know the rules (wife is on left):
https://i.imgur.com/s4vXHn4.jpg
View Quote
Heading up there tomorrow as well. There are a few places that are good depending on east vs west side of town. The easiest to get to are on the West go on the 87 and get off on Winona. Take a right off the freeway and then a left at the T and your at the cinder pits. On the east side take the 180 to a forest road on the left right after round tree road, the. head up there and you will see cinder pits on the left.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Heading up there tomorrow as well. There are a few places that are good depending on east vs west side of town. The easiest to get to are on the West go on the 87 and get off on Winona. Take a right off the freeway and then a left at the T and your at the cinder pits. On the east side take the 180 to a forest road on the left right after round tree road, the. head up there and you will see cinder pits on the left.
View Quote
Awesome. Thank you!  Definitely heading up again very soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top