Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me know anything needed and I'll stop by Wally world on the way.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok guys, PM sent to each & every one of you.... Saturday Sept. 25th at 14:00

PM me if you did not get an IM with the address
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wailp, since it's at your house I'd be inclined to say your rules.... I'm planning
to attend with my wife & son. I rarely ever drink, and I left most of my shooting
irons in another location. I've got a .300 BLK I could run a couple of rounds thru,
but most of my focus was going to be on making good hamburgers & hot dogs
& meeting folks. I always enjoy watching others shoot, though
View Quote

I suck at making rules.

But let's just skip the alcohol this time. I've had drinks with several people in this thread (and would like to again) but honestly when you have a large group of people - some of whom you don't know - it's probably best if we leave off the alcohol.

On the flip side, if this event goes well it's something I'd like to do on a semi-regular basis. So we can do future events differently.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
PM received, looking forward to it.

I can bring some chips and drinks or anything else if needed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok guys, PM sent to each & every one of you.... Saturday Sept. 25th at 14:00

PM me if you did not get an IM with the address
View Quote

I got it!

I can bring water, drinks (non-A), and extra chairs if needed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
10-4 We making this bring along family, or what?  Sorry if I missed that info
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Family is welcome too
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Family is welcome too
View Quote

Absolutely.

I won't be surprised if some of our wives know each other. Wives, in my experience, tend to be more social than us moody loners with our assault rifles.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#9]
A little to call it, but it's a good sign:

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 77.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok guys, we are getting closer.... Time to divvy up the fixins' .....

Spaceboy - Dr. Pepper & Cokes & such

Any potato chip volunteers?

Can someone bring napkins & paper plates?

Anyone planning to bring beans?

How about hot dog & hamburger buns?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a boston butt in the refrigerator. I'm going to add some chicken breasts.

I will grab a couple bags of slaw and make some (mayo) slaw. Of course I have various hot sauces and BBQ sauces at the house. I think I can convince the wife to make some sweet tea. Warning: it may have splenda in it. I'm trying to not be fat, so we don't do much sugar.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ok guys, we are getting closer.... Time to divvy up the fixins' .....

Spaceboy - Dr. Pepper & Cokes & such

Any potato chip volunteers?

Can someone bring napkins & paper plates?

Anyone planning to bring beans?

How about hot dog & hamburger buns?
View Quote

I can do napkins, forks, spoons and paper plates.

Rough count as of now?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a few bags of chips, plus a 2 liter and gallon of Milos sweet tea to bring.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Merlin - Looks like at least 10 of us, plus 2 more from my gang & 4 more for arowneragains
family.....

My wife bought hamburger buns & hot dog buns today, so we have that covered now....
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I will also bring some chips .....and dip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#16]
My apologies guys, I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend.  Was supposed to do birthday dinner in Chattanooga for my wife last weekend but we had to cancel and it got rescheduled to this Saturday.  Given the time difference and the drive, I won't be able to do both.

Y'all have a good time and eat a burger for me.

Kelly
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My apologies guys, I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend.  Was supposed to do birthday dinner in Chattanooga for my wife last weekend but we had to cancel and it got rescheduled to this Saturday.  Given the time difference and the drive, I won't be able to do both.

Y'all have a good time and eat a burger for me.

Kelly
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a boston butt in the refrigerator. I'm going to add some chicken breasts.

I will grab a couple bags of slaw and make some (mayo) slaw. Of course I have various hot sauces and BBQ sauces at the house. I think I can convince the wife to make some sweet tea. Warning: it may have splenda in it. I'm trying to not be fat, so we don't do much sugar.

View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Whats left on the list to bring? Also any small children attending? I have a 4yo son. Would be nice if I didn't have to get a babysitter, better if he could pile in with a crew of his own.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whats left on the list to bring? Also any small children attending? I have a 4yo son. Would be nice if I didn't have to get a babysitter, better if he could pile in with a crew of his own.
View Quote

$10 says he'd love to ride around in the Sidekick!
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 3 kids, youngest just turned 5, and kids are absolutely welcomed! Plenty of stuff for kids to see and do. Tire swing, farm animals to pet, play set to climb on. My kids love visitors and have never met a stranger.

If you want to bring something, great. If not, I think it’s mostly covered.

We do need chairs. If anyone has a camp chair, bring it. We can probably seat a dozen people as is, but a few extra chairs would be good.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Another thing:

-Bring a chair if you have one. We can probably seat a dozen people.

-We have one folding table and will borrow a couple more. That should be enough to hold all the food and all the people as you can fit about 6 people around each of them.

-The Boston Butt I have is around 10 pounds. Should feed 20-30 people. I'll also have some chicken and probably some smoked sausage, because leftover meat is awesome.

-I'll make slaw. Lots of slaw. Maybe some brussels sprouts. The wife and I try to eat Keto so we'll have keto-friendly food and you're welcomed to bring whatever other food you want. That should cover most dietary needs the group will have.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing others again. I can't remember how many times I've met some of you and said 'we should do this again' then we don't. The last 18 months have been crazy on multiple levels. I'm hoping tomorrow is a respite from that.

The wife and I (and, I think, at least two of my kids) had covid about a month ago. We're over it and should have strong immunity and aren't worried about it in the least. If you want to wear a mask, you're welcomed to. If you want to keep your distance - that's fine.

Weather looks to be about perfect. If anyone wants to come over early (not too early - I need to finish the yardwork) I have a new .22 that needs sighting in.

Spouses/kids are welcomed.

There's no specific, fixed agenda for tomorrow, but I do want us to talk about just being connected to each other and knowing where like-minded  people are, if times get weird(er).
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#23]
AR, how many chairs and tables?  We have 20 (or 22) of the former and 5 of the latter.  Not sure how I could fit all the chairs though.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Can I get an idea of diet vs beetus drinkers?  Please sound off with your preference.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
AR, how many chairs and tables?  We have 20 (or 22) of the former and 5 of the latter.  Not sure how I could fit all the chairs though.  

https://scene7.samsclub.com/is/image/samsclub/0008148380250_A?

I think a couple tables and 5-6 chairs would solve the problem completely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully that butt is already smoking!

Link Posted: 9/24/2021 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I'll take my Dr. Pepper straight up..... Loaded with sugar & bad stuff

@arowneragain

I'll pick my hamburger meat up in the morning as well as the hot dogs... I hope you
have some room on a table where I can mix some worcestershire sauce in with
my burgers to give them a little flavor.... I plan to arrive around 11:30 in order to
get fully set up & start smoking these bad boys, and we won't get in your way
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll take my Dr. Pepper straight up..... Loaded with sugar & bad stuff

@arowneragain

I'll pick my hamburger meat up in the morning as well as the hot dogs... I hope you
have some room on a table where I can mix some worcestershire sauce in with
my burgers to give them a little flavor.... I plan to arrive around 11:30 in order to
get fully set up & start smoking these bad boys, and we won't get in your way
View Quote

You can't be smoking and grilling meat and be in my way. I just don't think it is possible.

Looking forward to it. I have a boston butt on the smoker right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hopefully that butt is already smoking!

View Quote

Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:39:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You can't be smoking and grilling meat and be in my way. I just don't think it is possible.

Looking forward to it. I have a boston butt on the smoker right now.
View Quote

Hawt damn

This sh*t gonna be lit !!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think a couple tables and 5-6 chairs would solve the problem completely.
View Quote
Be it considered done.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#32]
All loaded up:  Any last minute requests???
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Everyone make it home OK?

Had a great Time!  Thanks to AR for hosting and the BBQ pork and thanks to jebsofnga for putting it together making the hot dogs and hamburgers.  Both of you have great kids BTW!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a blast. Looking forward to doing it again!

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Next time I'll bring some toys.  I just didn't want any cases in the bed at the cruise in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Guys, thank you all so much for coming !

My family & I had a great time, and Merlin, that little Kubota RTV really made the day for
all of the kids around !

Now, who was it that had that awesome little PCP? Please pm me

It is going to take me forever to learn everyones proper names

Host, thank you again so much for letting us get together at your place !!

I enjoyed very much our conversations we had, and I recommend that we all keep in touch here on
the forum occasionally and that we each exchange contact information as we see fit.

I had a great time, and we need to meet again in a few months.... The format or the place or the tempo
matters not, let's just stay in touch....

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Does every one here remember AR's opening talk behind Beltfed's truck along with Jeb's comments??  When I got home, I had three calls from my down hill neighbor.  Guess what he wanted to talk about?

Hint:  He had AR and Jebs speech memorized - it was that danged close!   His meeting is scheduled for Oct. 4.  This is SW Lincoln county.  Anyone interested, lmk and I'll discuss with my neighbor.

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does every one here remember AR's opening talk behind Beltfed's truck along Jeb's comments??  When I got home, I had three calls from my down hill neighbor.  Guess what he wanted to talk about?

Hint:  He had AR and Jebs speech memorized - it was that danged close!   His meeting is scheduled for Oct. 4.  This is SW Lincoln county.  Anyone interested, lmk and I'll discuss with my neighbor.

View Quote

Oh, I am all over that like a pitbull on a porkchop..... And now I know who had that little PCP
I'm off to PM him
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does every one here remember AR's opening talk behind Beltfed's truck along with Jeb's comments??  When I got home, I had three calls from my down hill neighbor.  Guess what he wanted to talk about?

View Quote
For those in Lincoln and Giles county (and anyone else interested and don't mind the drive):  We're having another Community Support Team meeting, Jan 4th at 7 PM at my downhill neighbor's house.

PM if interested.  Rough location is about 10 miles from the border and I-65.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I just wanted to pop in to say merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#41]
And a Happy New Year to all :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top