Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 2:13:50 PM EDT
All parties are nys residents. Any procedures other than here ya go?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
unless it is one of the family members spelled out in the safe act as exemptions, your transfer would need to go through a FFL to make it legal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean that shotgun you bought back in 2010 that you gifted to your family member in 2012?

But seriously, if it's not immediate family it is supposed to go through an FFL.

Total bullshit I know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mean that shotgun you bought back in 2010 that you gifted to your family member in 2012?

But seriously, if it's not immediate family it is supposed to go through an FFL.

Total bullshit I know.
View Quote
Not even "immediate family" I believe the only exemption are Husband/wife, and Parent/Child. It's been awhile since I've read it but I don't believe I could give my brother a gun without it going through an FFL.

The only gun I've transferred since then was a pistol I bought my dad for Father's Day, we didn't have to go to an FFL to transfer it, but we still had to go to the county clerk to get it swapped over onto his permit and off mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Q: What family members are exempt from the private sale/transfer provision?
A: Sales or transfers to and between spouses, domestic partners, children and step-children, are exempt from the private sale/transfer provision.

Any other family member needs to go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks gents!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top