Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2021 10:05:26 PM EDT
So is this still going into effect in January 2022?  

I found this the other day that said there is an appeal pending. https://www.kolotv.com/2021/12/03/lyon-county-judge-overturns-nevadas-ghost-gun-law/
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.

Except the non-completed firearm portion. So, everything else still will. I cannot find an appeal record from the Lyon county case.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm seriously confused. I was under the impression that all the pernicious buts had been nullified. Can someone explain what has happened?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
They can’t call an unbuilt 80% lower a receiver or firearm. That’s all the judge said. Too ‘slippery slope’ of the definition of a gun when a block of unfinished aluminum is called a gun.

Doesn’t change the legality of an 80% lower built into a functional firearm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Can someone please explain 80% lowers to me?  Yes, I'm on an AR-15 site but I really don't know that much about them.  Should I have been/be stocking up on 80% lowers now before they become illegal in a couple of days?  Why?  Or did I already miss the boat?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The way i understand it is all home built firearms that have not been serialized by a Federally licensed manufacture will become illegal Friday midnight.  No manufacturer is going to assume the liability and engrave yours, that would also defeat the point of having them.

The only thing the court case did was allow P80 to stay in business and you can still posses unfinished 80% parts.
The state and federal (cunts) court cases appealing this law have both stated we have no right to home build firearms.

Only Section 3 and 3.5 has been struck down, the rest stand.
court rullig

Final bill text
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can someone please explain 80% lowers to me?  Yes, I'm on an AR-15 site but I really don't know that much about them.  Should I have been/be stocking up on 80% lowers now before they become illegal in a couple of days?  Why?  Or did I already miss the boat?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

No. Be glad you didn’t stockpile them. There is no grandfathering so any you have and convert to a firearm make you a felon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
How I read this is as per FEDERAL LAW you cant due certain things. FEDERAL law states that you can build your own firearm at home and does NOT require a serial number. Per section 4 and 5 of the passed law, it does state you have to fallow FEDERAL LAW with home made firearms ect. I guess they dont know federal law due to there wording.

Section  4  of  this  bill  prohibits  a  person  from  manufacturing  or  causing  to  be manufactured  or  assembling  or  causing  to  be  assembled  a  firearm  that  is  not imprinted  with  a  serial  number  issued  by  a  firearms  importer  or  manufacturer  in accordance  with  federal  law  and  any  regulations  adopted  thereunder  unless  the firearm is: (1) rendered permanently inoperable; (2) an antique; or (3) a collector’s item, curio or relic. Section 4 provides that a person who commits such an unlawful act: (1) for the first offense, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor; and (2) for the second or any subsequent offense, is guilty of a category D felony.

Similarly,  section  5  of  this  bill  prohibits  a  person  from  possessing,  selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, transporting or receiving a firearm that is not imprinted with a serial number issued by a firearms importer or manufacturer in accordance with federal law and any regulations adopted thereunder unless: (1) the person is a law enforcement agency or a firearms importer or manufacturer; or (2) the  firearm  is  rendered  permanently  inoperable,  was  manufactured  before  1969  or is an antique, collector’s item, curio or relic.

If I am wrong on this please explain why due to the simple fact the law as stated says you have to fallow FEDERAL LAWS. Like i stated above, if your making your own gun, federal laws allow you to and does NOT require a serial number unless you plant to sell it. Had sections 3 and 3.5 been left in then yes, would be illegal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Big thumbs down emoji!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How I read this is as per FEDERAL LAW you cant due certain things. FEDERAL law states that you can build your own firearm at home and does NOT require a serial number. Per section 4 and 5 of the passed law, it does state you have to fallow FEDERAL LAW with home made firearms ect. I guess they dont know federal law due to there wording.

Section  4  of  this  bill  prohibits  a  person  from  manufacturing  or  causing  to  be manufactured  or  assembling  or  causing  to  be  assembled  a  firearm  that  is  not imprinted  with  a  serial  number  issued  by  a  firearms  importer  or  manufacturer  in accordance  with  federal  law  and  any  regulations  adopted  thereunder  unless  the firearm is: (1) rendered permanently inoperable; (2) an antique; or (3) a collector’s item, curio or relic. Section 4 provides that a person who commits such an unlawful act: (1) for the first offense, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor; and (2) for the second or any subsequent offense, is guilty of a category D felony.

Similarly,  section  5  of  this  bill  prohibits  a  person  from  possessing,  selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, transporting or receiving a firearm that is not imprinted with a serial number issued by a firearms importer or manufacturer in accordance with federal law and any regulations adopted thereunder unless: (1) the person is a law enforcement agency or a firearms importer or manufacturer; or (2) the  firearm  is  rendered  permanently  inoperable,  was  manufactured  before  1969  or is an antique, collector’s item, curio or relic.

If I am wrong on this please explain why due to the simple fact the law as stated says you have to fallow FEDERAL LAWS. Like i stated above, if your making your own gun, federal laws allow you to and does NOT require a serial number unless you plant to sell it. Had sections 3 and 3.5 been left in then yes, would be illegal.
View Quote

Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#13]
As stated above, Nevada made it illegal to manufacturer a firearm without a serial number. So go ahead and figure out a way to make an 80% lower with a serial number, compliant with federal and state laws, and you can make one.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Just don't go to any 'peaceful protests' with Casper

On the serious side, the ruling basically let Polymer80 make their wares and sell.  However, they practically can't sell unfinished lower/frame here because #4 is what prohibits joe citizens in NV from turning an unfinished frame into a firearm, if I read it correctly.

As 2021 went bye bye, my attitude about anything the cocksuckers in the office said went with it...as in 'whatever mfukkers'
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I am just saying, how I read it, they say you cant make, put together blah blah blah a firearm but the key phrase is this

in accordance  with  federal  law  and  any  regulations  adopted  thereunder

Well federal laws state that I CAN build my own forearm and i do NOT have to put a serial number under federal law though they recommend it. I dont know of a federal law that says I cant build my own forearm, and I'm sure if there was one they would quote the statute in the law. Seems to me without 3 and 3.5 its just smoke.

Next they will bring back the registration they got rid of years ago.

Thanks all for welcoming me. Just found this place and loving it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just don't go to any 'peaceful protests' with Casper

On the serious side, the ruling basically let Polymer80 make their wares and sell.  However, they practically can't sell unfinished lower/frame here because #4 is what prohibits joe citizens in NV from turning an unfinished frame into a firearm, if I read it correctly.

As 2021 went bye bye, my attitude about anything the cocksuckers in the office said went with it...as in 'whatever mfukkers'
View Quote

Yea capers wont be doing any peaceful protesting ect lol

Seriously, yea I'm with you on the state and federal government after this last year. Hope we can turn this state red and get this law removed asap. Still seems they think there is a federal.law or think one is coming to ban home.made firearms ect.  Then again there is always my 3d printers lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hope we can turn this state red..........
View Quote

100% mail in voting all day everyday just took affect.  This state will never be red again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

100% mail in voting all day everyday just took affect.  This state will never be red again.
View Quote

So what your saying is I can vote 10 times since we all know non citizens vote and people from other states close by come here to vote. I can also get my friends and family from other states to vote as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top