Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2019 9:43:52 AM EDT
How bad is it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Not from the area so only would know what's out there on the news.  However, it sounds like it's gotten into some of the areas we visited while enjoying the wine country on vacation.  It's usually very nice up there this time of year and I think they may still be in the harvest time frame for some of the vineyards.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast moving, >10,000 acres now.  I've been to a lot of fires up there in the past and a lot of the terrain is brutal to work in.  Dozer lines, air ops, firing ops, hand crews and weather.  Geyserville is under evacuation orders.  Cal Fire only shows 2 involved structures but I saw pictures of a gutted winery.

CalFire website
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s bad.

Local paper.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It's pretty bad. Wind gust in Healdsburg was recorded at 93mph last night, and are expected to pick up again this afternoon. Sonoma County is now issuing mandatory evacs for 190,000 people, 60,000 of which are in city limits.

It really isn't a question of will the fire be bad, but more of will cities burn.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If the power was off, who started it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Calfire has the kincade fire at 30k acres and 10% containment as of this morning.
https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top