Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2018 12:06:28 AM EDT
Like the title said, I’m on orders to huachuca. I was only there for a couple months the last time around as a MOS-T and didn’t get out to do much. How is it living out there? How is the hunting? Are there decent ranges around? 600+? I would like to get into the PRS scene in the area. I grew up in the Phoenix area but didn’t do much shooting and never really went that far south. Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
SV range is OK, out on the way to Tombstone/Bisbee.  The Douglas range is good, 500+, they used to do 22LR and IDPA-style matches on the weekends, but its been years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
SV is great.  I'm not a hunter, but some of my friends are, and they seem to enjoy themselves.  There are quite a few places to shoot, I rarely find myself at the ranges though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Anywhere along the southern border and Sierra Vista is good Coues whitetail hunting. If you are ok with small town living, you'll like the area. Lots of old west and native american history down there in Cochise county. Tucsons not to far away as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back, One does not simply go to Huachuca once!

The SV range has it's good and bad aspects.  I shoot a couple of the matches there, but I haven't shot any of the long range ones.

SV Matches.

Douglas is a bit of a drive, but the guys there are good people, and I have never regretted making the drive to go shoot there.

I really enjoy shooting the 2 Gun Action Challenge matches in Tucson, but it is a bit of  a trek up there.

Two Gun Action Challenge Match

Hunting is not my area of expertise, so I have nothing to help you with there.

Feel free to PM me especially if you are going to be a Tango instructor, I can give you help with that as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The S V range has good points and is operated by dedicated folks.  I'm a Charter member.
The Pima County range in Vail is really good for handgun and has a great training company associated with Mas Ayoob.  Of course I own it Check out our website gatorfarmtactical.com  I settled in S Vista after retiring from the Army as an 11B  Then coaching wrestling at the local High School.  
Welcome, there are really great folks here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top