Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2021 1:00:14 PM EDT
Our well took a shit. My other neighbor and I are getting it sorted, and we can cover the cost between us with little issue. If we can get the other neighbors to chip in, excellent. I'm the well manager and there are four houses total. The other neighbor will probably chip in, but the house in front of mine is a rental, and I haven't seen the tenant in well over a month. I do know that the landlord lives out of state, but how would I go about getting her contact info?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
County Assessors Office, depending on what county you’re in.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
County Assessors Office, depending on what county you’re in.
View Quote

This. With at least Maricopa and Yavapai, you just need to go to the assessor website and input the address, and it'll kick out the owner name/address and current taxes, etc.

Maricopa county even has the search on their home page.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You folks are brilliant. We think neighbor #3 might have the contact info, but this will be a help. Cheers!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Update: We've heard back from the property manager and they claim that that house is on city water. Houses just to our south are on municipal water, so it's not implausible. Is there any way to verify if they are using well or city water?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If they’re on city water, they’ll have a meter somewhere between the street and the house.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update: We've heard back from the property manager and they claim that that house is on city water. Houses just to our south are on municipal water, so it's not implausible. Is there any way to verify if they are using well or city water?
View Quote

Dig up the pipes?  If you find one going to that house, put a valve on it.  You'll find out pretty quickly! :-D

Maybe go to the city website, find utilities, and pretend you're opening an account for that address.  It might say "We already have an account", or "We do not have an account, please proceed!"
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
You might be able to find an old Zillow listing or similar that will list the types of utilities that the property is connected to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Good tips, lads. Thanks, and I'll get on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top