Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 3:47:07 PM EDT
My son in law, and my daughter, are being transferred to be a store manager at a place in Belleville.  Any recommendations on what areas they should look for a place to live? What areas to avoid?  Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of area are they looking for?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
They may be there for only a year, maybe two.  They are looking to rent a house for the time being, preferably a decent suburb area that's not terribly expensive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Wayne County. Go to the west as far as they can reasonably drive. Washtenaw county has 2 big college towns, Ann Arbor(safe and overpriced; Ypsilanti, unsafe and Gheto. Smaller burgs with Great school systems- Dexter, Chelsea, Saline, Manchester,  are the Best choices.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not Wayne County. Go to the west as far as they can reasonably drive. Washtenaw county has 2 big college towns, Ann Arbor(safe and overpriced; Ypsilanti, unsafe and Gheto. Smaller burgs with Great school systems- Dexter, Chelsea, Saline, Manchester,  are the Best choices.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
While sage advice, I'd prefer Livingston county much better than Washtenaw county.  Think South Lyon, Whitmore Lake, Hamburg, Brighton.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help!  They decided to rent an apartment for now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Little late to the party, I guess.

Belleville itself is a nice little town.

I live a few miles south of it in Sumpter township.  Worst part about it is that it’s Wayne county.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ypsilanti vs Ypsilanti township (south of 94) are two different places. Ypsi township is plenty safe.

There is a lot of snobbery in the Ann Arbor area/"smaller burgs."

Belleville and Ypsilanti both have nice neighborhoods that are plenty safe. There are also areas that are rougher. Perhaps if you are coming from a sheltered life in the boonies, your perspective might be different. This might be a tough time to find a rental house, though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Little late to the party, I guess.

Belleville itself is a nice little town.

I live a few miles south of it in Sumpter township.  Worst part about it is that it's Wayne county.
View Quote
I lived in Sumpter 14 years ago.  Drove to Dearborn for work.

It was nice then. I could shoot and hunt in my back yard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I just put my house up for sale in Ypsilanti Township.  3 miles south of 94.  My neighbor is an ARFCOM member too.

As others has said the township is a lot different from the city.
The main problem with Ypsilanti crime is due to the hood rats from Detroit going to Eastern Michigan University.  The apartment complex just north of EMU housing all those students is a hell hole of crime.  If you took that out those crime stats from the students, even the city would look good with low crime rates.

Here is my house that is for sale.  The interior has been completely remodeled and the outside has a new roof and new windows.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just put my house up for sale in Ypsilanti Township.  3 miles south of 94.  My neighbor is an ARFCOM member too.

As others has said the township is a lot different from the city.
The main problem with Ypsilanti crime is due to the hood rats from Detroit going to Eastern Michigan University.  The apartment complex just north of EMU housing all those students is a hell hole of crime.  If you took that out those crime stats from the students, even the city would look good with low crime rates.

Here is my house that is for sale.  The interior has been completely remodeled and the outside has a new roof and new windows.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23735/house-1832196.jpg
View Quote

You live a few blocks from my buddy.

Ypsi township, Sumpter and Belleville all offer decent selection for homes.

I’m from Ypsi originally and it’s better than it used to be, but I would avoid it anyways because of the monster property taxes. (Ypsi township has better tax rates)
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While sage advice, I'd prefer Livingston county much better than Washtenaw county.  Think South Lyon, Whitmore Lake, Hamburg, Brighton.
View Quote

Hamburg is really nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top