Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2018 11:12:21 PM EDT
https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/ny-senate-democrats-look-toward-common-sense-gun-laws/1631260391

Coming soon to our beloved state.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Lt Gov Kathy Hochul...flaming cunt, hope she gets pussy cancer. And dies.

ETA Proof that a relatively reasonable person is easily swayed by power into becoming a traitor. Also see the other supreme bitch Kirsten Gillibrand.

Hochul actually did a good job running the Erie County Pistol Permit Office while she was County Clerk...now she's an POS. Like a Dems.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The only surprise in that article is that there weren't 100 more proposals mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only surprise in that article is that there weren't 100 more proposals mentioned.
View Quote
They cant give out all there they want to do.. This is just a test to see how the mob will react
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
There has been talk about this for a while so it comes as no surprise.  I think the law will be partially struck down due to freedom of speech.
BOHICA

FUAC  <--  Cannot type that anymore as I will get a refusal on my permit renewal!

Bill
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#5]
well i can

FUAC

FUDNC
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lt Gov Kathy Hochul...flaming cunt, hope she gets pussy cancer. And dies.

ETA Proof that a relatively reasonable person is easily swayed by power into becoming a traitor. Also see the other supreme bitch Kirsten Gillibrand.

Hochul actually did a good job running the Erie County Pistol Permit Office while she was County Clerk...now she's an POS. Like a Dems.
View Quote
Power corrupts.  It’s that simple.  Maybe we could get Dali Lhama to run for governor
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
End of the world?

so basically shes pushing a 10 day waiting period and a bump stock ban.  as i read this this mangled story.

this caught my eye

A third proposal would require New Yorkers wanting to buy handguns to let investigators go through their social media and search engine history. Senator Ortt says he is most opposed to this one because he says it comes too close to crossing constitutional rights.

"The first amendment, the fourth amendment. You're asking someone to have to provide their password, which is a very sensitive and rightfully so aspect for most people," Ortt said. "Again we're getting into subjectivity. What would constitute a reason to deny someone their pistol permit?"

So at least there's somebody in the NYS senate who's sane.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I served with senator ortt in Afghanistan a plus guy
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
End of the world?

so basically shes pushing a 10 day waiting period and a bump stock ban.  as i read this this mangled story.

this caught my eye

A third proposal would require New Yorkers wanting to buy handguns to let investigators go through their social media and search engine history. Senator Ortt says he is most opposed to this one because he says it comes too close to crossing constitutional rights.

"The first amendment, the fourth amendment. You're asking someone to have to provide their password, which is a very sensitive and rightfully so aspect for most people," Ortt said. "Again we're getting into subjectivity. What would constitute a reason to deny someone their pistol permit?"

View Quote
So there is some concern about violating the 1st and 4th Amendments.  That’s a start I guess.  But what about the goddamn 2nd Amendment??  Oh yeah, that one doesn’t count.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So there is some concern about violating the 1st and 4th Amendments.  That’s a start I guess.  But what about the goddamn 2nd Amendment??  Oh yeah, that one doesn’t count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
End of the world?

this caught my eye

hey, i was shocked to see no mention of micro-stamping.  that's been a wet dream of theirs for years.  waiting periods and bump stock bans, assuming that's it, wouldn't be nearly as bad.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#11]
We all know this is only the start of the bullshit yet to come
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I would be even money that there is plenty coming that has not been publicized. Remember no one saw the contents of SAFE until it was sprung on the legislature in the middle of the night. If they take only one trip to the well in the next legislative session they will throw any everything they have ever proposed on the ASSembly's Gun Control Day into a new bill. Who will stop it now? They always had the votes in the ASSembly and now they have the Senate by a comfortable margin.

But to be honest, as others have said here, I stopped caring after they passed SAFE without any debate or democratic process. From that point on I took the same attitude as someone living in the former USSR.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I served with senator ortt in Afghanistan a plus guy
View Quote
He's a Republican in a senate that's majority Democrat. They'll drive over him like he's not even there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But to be honest, as others have said here, I stopped caring after they passed SAFE without any debate or democratic process. From that point on I took the same attitude as someone living in the former USSR.
View Quote
Da, Comrade...
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#15]
What democraps and rinos don't get is you can push people so far and they will snap back.

Than when they snap they are so surprised on why people go after them.

As one person posted keep poking the bear..

I see what is going on in paris will happen here but people storming buildings to get at these ass hats.

When people have nothing left to lose is when it will become personal and vandictive to the point blood will be shed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would be even money that there is plenty coming that has not been publicized. Remember no one saw the contents of SAFE until it was sprung on the legislature in the middle of the night. If they take only one trip to the well in the next legislative session they will throw any everything they have ever proposed on the ASSembly's Gun Control Day into a new bill. Who will stop it now? They always had the votes in the ASSembly and now they have the Senate by a comfortable margin.

View Quote
If they turn someone in to a felon, what’s another charge or ten going to matter?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder about being able to exercise your 5th amendment right with this nonsense. and their refusal to grant permit because of your refusal to give password, etc- seems like it would be a slam dunk SCOTUS smackdown.
I know it would take forever, but they are violating the 5th as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wonder about being able to exercise your 5th amendment right with this nonsense. and their refusal to grant permit because of your refusal to give password, etc- seems like it would be a slam dunk SCOTUS smackdown.
I know it would take forever, but they are violating the 5th as well.
View Quote
The general pattern that has emerged in court rulings over the past several years seems to have formed a common scenario. You pretty much have your 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Amendment rights intact (though the 1st and 4th have taken a greater beating every day it seems) UNLESS any of those rights happen to touch firearms. Then you get a carve out exception to those rights:

1) 1st Amendment: posting the plans to 3D guns is supposedly protected by the 1st Amendment yet there are injunctions in place against it.
2) 4th, 6th and 7th Amendments: red flag laws pretty much give the police the right to go into your home and confiscate your property without due process including your right to a jury trial.

My gut feeling says the Circuit Courts will uphold any and all restrictions on civil rights as long as the apply to firearms. Only SCOTUS can undo the closing clause of Scalia's opinion that pretty much said anything in the form of a restriction is still a go.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#19]
<--- That thing.

Plus the shirt I wore on Friday.

I'm not even gonna have a chance to use my 401k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top