Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:55:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Army85] [#1]
I have had a carry permit for years and have been trying to get my wife to get hers too so she could take her G19 with her when she goes out for errands.  Well long story short is that due to recent incidents in and around our county, my wife is thinking of finally getting her carry permit.  Mainly to keep her G19 with her in the truck when she is out by herself.

Her biggest issue with getting her permit is that she is worried about having her pistol with her in the truck when she picks up the kids from school.

I have read (HB 60 section 1-6) about Weapons on school property, transportation and functions and it appears as long as she has her weapons carry permit she is good to go when parking in the school parking lot in the car riders line to pick up and drop off our kids.

So am I reading it right that anyone with a Weapons carry permit is good to go sitting in their car on school property waiting to pick up their kids?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks all for the awesome thread.  

been looking for what should be a simple answer but either i cant find it or am needing help understanding

If i DO have a GA CWL -can i carry a loaded rifle in my car without it being openly visible?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:58:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_J:
That is my understanding.  It is possible that you are protected if you enter the school, or just exit your vehicle, in the process of picking up or dropping off your child - but that hasn't been tested in court yet.  (At least, attempts to do so without a preceding arrest have fallen short of a verdict.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Army85:
I have had a carry permit for years and have been trying to get my wife to get hers too so she could take her G19 with her when she goes out for errands.  Well long story short is that due to recent incidents in and around our county, my wife is thinking of finally getting her carry permit.  Mainly to keep her G19 with her in the truck when she is out by herself.

Her biggest issue with getting her permit is that she is worried about having her pistol with her in the truck when she picks up the kids from school.

I have read (HB 60 section 1-6) about Weapons on school property, transportation and functions and it appears as long as she has her weapons carry permit she is good to go when parking in the school parking lot in the car riders line to pick up and drop off our kids.

So am I reading it right that anyone with a Weapons carry permit is good to go sitting in their car on school property waiting to pick up their kids?

Thanks
That is my understanding.  It is possible that you are protected if you enter the school, or just exit your vehicle, in the process of picking up or dropping off your child - but that hasn't been tested in court yet.  (At least, attempts to do so without a preceding arrest have fallen short of a verdict.)
not a lawyer but my read of the law was school grounds good but school bldgs not so much

also iirc the language refers specifically to pickup and dropoff not to other activities such as going to a pto meeting or volunteering.  however you shoyld be able to store locked in the vehicle in those circumstances.

ETA: here i found the exact law quote from GA packing

Weapons on school property, transportation and functions: (Please read the special note below about this definition) It is unlawful for a person to carry ANY type of weapon onto any real property (real estate... land or buildings) owned by or leased to any public or private elementary school, secondary school, or school board and used for elementary or secondary education, any public or private technical school, vocational school, college, university, or institution of post secondary education.

This code section does not apply to persons who have a valid Weapons Carry license (formerly the Georgia Firearms License) when such person has a weapon in the vehicle which is parked or [color=#ff0000]in transit through the property or when the license holder carries or picks up a student[/color] at a school building, school function, or school property or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the school.

Commentary from GA Packing : (I'm not sure of the total legality actually carrying into a school building while picking up or dropping off a student, but it appears to be completely legal since the code does not say anything about not being allowed to enter the building while carrying. I wouldn't loiter around in the halls or cafeteria, but instead make a straight bee line to the office and back in order to drop off or pick up a student if you are required to do so.)

This code section shall not apply to Teachers and other school personnel who are otherwise authorized to possess or carry weapons, provided that any such weapon is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle. (note that while you have the ability to park your car on the property (you can leave the weapon inside the car while you go somewhere else) and carry while picking up or dropping off students, outside of that you cannot carry on school property even if you have a license. If you park your car and get out with the weapon still on your person and you do not meet one of the carry exceptions (such as dropping off or picking up a student), you are breaking the law. Be careful!)
So in short as I had stated above, Pickup OK, Drop-off OK, Gun in the locked vehicle OK, PTO Meeting: NOPE, Lunch w/kid NOPE, helping with the fall festival etc.. NOPE
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xerxes2695] [#5]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:

been looking for what should be a simple answer but either i cant find it or am needing help understanding

If i DO have a GA CWL -can i carry a loaded rifle in my car without it being openly visible?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:

It makes even less sense when you look at the definitions of handgun, weapon, knife and long gun.  OCGA 16-11-126 and 16-11-125.1

Weapon:  Handgun or knife
Knife:  Blade >5"
Handgun: Barrel <12"
Long gun:  Barrel >18"
Sawed off rifle <16" barrel and designed for shoulder fire

(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.
(h)(1) No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section
So, you can't carry a "weapon" unless you have a CWL or meet one of the exemptions above.  But a long gun isn't a "weapon", so what law would you be breaking if you concealed it?  Plus, your 16" barreled AR isn't even a long gun.  It's not really covered anywhere under state laws other than being a "firearm" and of course the much broader definition of weapon used in relation to school zones.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So I'm doing some research for a work project...what's the deal with the state's definition for machine gun?  

OCGA 16-11-121 (2) ''machine gun'' means any weapon which shoots or is designed to shoot, automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

so...why six shots? what's up with this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
So I'm doing some research for a work project...what's the deal with the state's definition for machine gun?

OCGA 16-11-121 (2) ''machine gun'' means any weapon which shoots or is designed to shoot, automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

so...why six shots? what's up with this?

Thanks
View Quote
Find me somebody who was in the legislature in 1968, and perhaps we can find out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the penalty if caught carrying with an expired license? I'm currently in the process of retiring and moving to Idaho. I was in Idaho in October and got an Idaho drivers license. In the mean time I've realized my GA weapons permit expires the day after Christmas. I went to my courthouse today to renew but I'm being told that I must have a GA drivers license or State ID to renew. So, if my permit expires and some how I'm caught carrying with an expired permit what could happen?
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gulfstream:
What is the penalty if caught carrying with an expired license? I'm currently in the process of retiring and moving to Idaho. I was in Idaho in October and got an Idaho drivers license. In the mean time I've realized my GA weapons permit expires the day after Christmas. I went to my courthouse today to renew but I'm being told that I must have a GA drivers license or State ID to renew. So, if my permit expires and some how I'm caught carrying with an expired permit what could happen?
View Quote
16-11-126
16-11-129

Possible misdemeanor and no GWL for 5 years.  Second offense is a felony.

Can you get an Idaho permit?  Florida non resident permit might be an option too but you need a cert from some form of training.  Should be pretty easy to accomplish that at any indoor range in the metro area.
 http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License/Acceptable-Firearms-Training-Documentation
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys,

Can someone give me a dummies guild to getting a GA concealed carry permit? I just moved down here from IL and need to get my GA permit.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to the probate court in the county in which you reside. They'll take care of you. You'll need to get fingerprinted, usually at the sheriff's office, and pay the probate court about $75-$80 (varies by county). No need for any class, or declaring what firearm you intend to carry, or providing a reason to get your Georgia Weapons Carry License. It's a straightforward and easy process.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Emu:
Go to the probate court in the county in which you reside. They'll take care of you. You'll need to get fingerprinted, usually at the sheriff's office, and pay the probate court about $75-$80 (varies by county). No need for any class, or declaring what firearm you intend to carry, or providing a reason to get your Georgia Weapons Carry License. It's a straightforward and easy process.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Depending on your county, I'd be surprised if they don't have the process detailed on their website along with the fees and payment method.

It may have changed, or my memory might be faulty, but didn't some counties require a money order?
View Quote
From what I can find it didn’t mention a money order online. It said something like $75 for the permit and $5 for prints.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
The various courts around Georgia tend not to like cash. Here in Morgan County they won't accept cash, but will take a debit or credit card. However, there is an additional fee to use a card. It's probably best for you to call your probate court and see how they choose to operate. Even though it's a state permit, each county can vary the way they do business, just a little, on the fees and the collecting of $$$.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 3:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Proto3] [#16]
Edit: Figured it out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a law school exam type question. Lived in Florida with a FL Resident CCW and still have a family residence I visit down there occasionally. Moved to GA, declared domicile for my property and got a GA driver's license. Applied for a  GA CCW. Before getting the GA CCW, was it legal to carry on my FL CCW? Reading the law, it would appear that GA would not recognize my FL CCW if I am resident in GA. The law doesn't seem to account for the fact you can be a resident of more than one state but have domicile in only one. More curious if I understand the law and how it applies than concerned with a legal violation. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjmensale] [#18]
Originally Posted By JSB2k10:
Moved to GA, declared domicile for my property and got a GA driver's license. Applied for a  GA CCW. Before getting the GA CCW, was it legal to carry on my FL CCW? Reading the law, it would appear that GA would not recognize my FL CCW if I am resident in GA.
View Quote
Your reading is incorrect. Georgia recognizes your Florida (or whatever reciprocal state) carry license for 90 days after declaring Georgia residence.

OCGA 16-11-126(e)(2).

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/ga-code-detail/?title=16&chapter=11§ion=126
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, I'll look at that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Reading Georgia gun laws, and definitions, there is no definition for a weapon, firearm, rifle or long gun which accounts for a barrel more than 12" or less than 18". Where does the 14.5-16" AR fit in the definitions? Additionally, a handgun is defined as a firearm with a barrel less than 12" but does not reference the existence or non-existence of a stock. Does this mean that an SBR would come under the definition of a handgun for GA carry purposes? If so, does that mean the SBR can be concealed carry while loaded (which would be a violation if it was considered a long gun under GA law)?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Reading Georgia gun laws, and definitions, there is no definition for a weapon, firearm, rifle or long gun which accounts for a barrel more than 12" or less than 18". Where does the 14.5-16" AR fit in the definitions?
View Quote
Your 16" AR-15 doesn't exist in GA law. It's not illegal though because federal laws cover it. That's what happens when gun laws are written by people who don't understand guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Additionally, a handgun is defined as a firearm with a barrel less than 12" but does not reference the existence or non-existence of a stock. Does this mean that an SBR would come under the definition of a handgun for GA carry purposes? If so, does that mean the SBR can be concealed carry while loaded (which would be a violation if it was considered a long gun under GA law)?
View Quote
My understanding is, technically, yes to both questions. Will Officer Friendly buy it? Most likely not. It could be an interesting court challenge. Again, this is the result of non-gun people writing gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:50:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bootgrip6] [#23]
If I were to build an AR15 "Pistol" with a KAK Tube & brace. With a BCM 11.5" upper the OAL would be somewhere between 29"-30". This is technically a pistol still because it has a barrel less than 12" but it also has an overall length greater than 26".

So my question is...

1. would this be a Pistol under GA law or would it be a "Firearm."  

2. would it be a legal build or would it require any State or NFA paperwork.

Link Posted: 5/23/2018 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Question that wasn't clear on from the legalese, and since I regularly travel to Georgia I better know to avoid getting in legal trouble:

In South Carolina - a firearm can be kept in a compartment (unlocked glove compartment, etc.) with no problems, even by someone without a CWP.

I know from watching COPS that this is a major no-no through most of the US.  I assume that a no-can-do for GA as well?
From the reading of the pasted documents it sounds as though a gun in the glove compartment would be legal if the glove compartment is locked?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xerxes2695] [#25]
Originally Posted By boogerv:
Question that wasn't clear on from the legalese, and since I regularly travel to Georgia I better know to avoid getting in legal trouble:

In South Carolina - a firearm can be kept in a compartment (unlocked glove compartment, etc.) with no problems, even by someone without a CWP.

I know from watching COPS that this is a major no-no through most of the US.  I assume that a no-can-do for GA as well?
From the reading of the pasted documents it sounds as though a gun in the glove compartment would be legal if the glove compartment is locked?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boogerv:

16-11-126(a)

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.
You can carry in your car without a permit.  There is no stipulation that requires a handgun to be in a glove box, in any particular condition or open / concealed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bootgrip6:
If I were to build an AR15 "Pistol" with a KAK Tube & brace. With a BCM 11.5" upper the OAL would be somewhere between 29"-30". This is technically a pistol still because it has a barrel less than 12" but it also has an overall length greater than 26".

So my question is...

1. would this be a Pistol under GA law or would it be a "Firearm."  

2. would it be a legal build or would it require any State or NFA paperwork.

View Quote
1.  "Handgun" and "weapon" under GA law, "firearm" under federal law.
2.  Legal to build
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I just moved to GA, and went to the Houston county probate court to inquire about CCW/HGL.    Found out from the clerk, that my TX CCW license is valid even though I am changing my drivers license to GA.

So I guess I can carry the TX CCW card even with the GA DL..
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 3:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjmensale] [#28]
Originally Posted By TeacherInCA:
I just moved to GA, and went to the Houston county probate court to inquire about CCW/HGL.    Found out from the clerk, that my TX CCW license is valid even though I am changing my drivers license to GA.

View Quote
Um, no, you can't. The clerk was only partially correct. Your TX carry license is only valid for 90 days after getting your GA driver license. Bookmark the following website. Better still, join them and also www.georgiapacking.org. The two sites are not related although there's cross membership.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/ga-code-detail/?title=16&chapter=11§ion=126

OCGA 16-11-126(e)(2)
Any person who is not a weapons carry license holder in this state and who is licensed to carry a weapon in any other state whose laws recognize and give effect to a license issued pursuant to this part shall be authorized to carry a weapon in this state for 90 days after he or she becomes a resident of this state; provided, however, that such person shall carry the weapon in compliance with the laws of this state, shall as soon as practicable submit a weapons carry license application as provided for under Code Section 16-11-129, and shall remain licensed in such other state for the duration of time that he or she is a resident of this state but not a weapons carry license holder in this state.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Hi
Is it legal to carry an Asp collapsible baton in the car?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jharpphoto:
Hi
View All Quotes
Hi
Yes, or any place else, openly or concealed, with or without a carry license. Batons are not specifically defined as "weapons" in the statutes except for 16-11-127.1(a)(4) (school safety zone laws, misdemeanor w/carry license, felony w/o carry license ):
http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/ga-code-detail/?title=16&chapter=11§ion=127.1

"Weapon" means and includes any pistol, revolver, or any weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind, or any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, any other knife having a blade of two or more inches, straight-edge razor, razor blade, spring stick, knuckles, whether made from metal, thermoplastic, wood, or other similar material, blackjack, any bat, club, or other bludgeon-type weapon, or any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain, or any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart, or any weapon of like kind, and any stun gun or taser as defined in subsection (a) of Code Section 16-11-106. This paragraph excludes any of these instruments used for classroom work authorized by the teacher.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TeacherInCA:

View Quote
mjmensale was correct.  Did you go apply for your Georgia Weapons Carry License?  I would hate for you to get arrested because of some stupid advice that the clerk ignorantly gave you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#32]
Hi -

I was wondering -- and maybe I should start my own thread, but here I am. ...what / who determines if you can shoot on your own property in GA?

Or let me rephrase that -- what's the closest county to ATL or unincorporated area nearest ATL that would allow you to shoot on your own property?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Hopefully someone can provide more specifics, but my understanding is that the counties determine the rules for shooting on residential property.  For example, when we bought some land in Ellijay I googled "Gilmer County Georgia firearm laws" or something similar, and read the actual code section.  I'm not sure how lucky you're going to be looking for a county-by-county breakdown, but you can probably get some anecdotal feedback from residents/members about their county if you could list the ones you're interested in.
View Quote
Well....if I do the move, it would be for gun rights, and work.  I understand Pinewood Studios is south of ATL, but that a good amount of the filming locations are spread out north of ATL too, so that's a wash.  I understand you can shoot on unincorporated land though?  So I started looking for unincorporated areas close to ATL...so far I narrowed in on the Canton / Free Home area, but in reality I know nothing of GA geography or neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Hello Georgia folks.  I am getting ready to head to your fine state for a week of work and would like to bring my 300BLK pistol to have some range time with one of my buddies.  Will I get loved tenderly?  Range is Johns Creek Indoor Range in Suwanee.

Thanks!

Jon
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
Anyone?  Thanks!
View Quote
Call and ask. 770-476-9036.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#38]
If you have a misdemeanor charge that is over five years old can you still get a GA CWL
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I took a job and looks like I'll be moving to Newnan early next year. Coming with FL CWP, NFA items and Night Vision.

Looks like ill get a DL and CW permit soon enough.

So with a permit, open or CC, of a handgun is ok. What about Open/CC of silencers? I have a maxim9 that holsters suprisingly well.

Silencers are ok for hunting (hogs/coyotes if I get the chance), lights are ok at night.

what about NV and IR lights/lasers?

Handguns seem to be fine in cars no matter what. Rifles ok? sometimes toss mine in the back of the car or in the front seat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Headed to a Trump Jr event. Provided the location does not restrict firearms, am I legal to carry there?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:56:13 AM EDT
[#41]
So my sister and I will be moving to GA sometime before the end of the year.  We'll be leaving a constitutional carry state for your permit only state so unfortunately it's a step backwards in that respect.  What is the story on constitutional carry in GA?  Is anyone trying to get it done?  And, if so, what do the odds look like?

I hate the idea of having to pay the state for permission to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights but I'll have no choice.  Just curious if it's in the works or if it's a no go there.  There's a lot of things I'm looking forward to in my soon to be new home state but gun permits are not one of them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Brandi:
So my sister and I will be moving to GA sometime before the end of the year.  We'll be leaving a constitutional carry state for your permit only state so unfortunately it's a step backwards in that respect.  What is the story on constitutional carry in GA?  Is anyone trying to get it done?  And, if so, what do the odds look like?

I hate the idea of having to pay the state for permission to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights but I'll have no choice.  Just curious if it's in the works or if it's a no go there.  There's a lot of things I'm looking forward to in my soon to be new home state but gun permits are not one of them.

Thanks
View Quote

Not sure about constitutional carry.

We’re “shall issue” so it’s easy to get your permit.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Headed to a Trump Jr event. Provided the location does not restrict firearms, am I legal to carry there?
View Quote

It is not even legal to carry a pistol openly here without a license, and you are asking whether it is likely that soon they will remove the license requirement for both carrying openly AND secretly?

GCO worked on getting rid of the license for carrying openly for years early on - it was a NO GO.  It never even made it into an actual submitted bill, if I recall correctly.  The politicians always fearfully took it out before dropping the bill.

So, no, what you call "constitutional carry" (stupid name for carrying concealed without a license) is not likely anytime soon in Georgia.

When you get here, work hard on getting rid of the license for carrying openly, to make Georgia like a majority of states in the US.  Then you have done step one.  Maybe, after you accomplish that, you will have a chance at step two.

It is horrible political lobbying to just rush in and demand that they jump all the way two steps ahead . . . such tactics always backfire.  Such tactics sure sound great in the secluded world of internet discussion forums, though.  I am talking about the real world and the actual legislature here in Atlanta under the Gold Dome.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:
So, no, what you call "constitutional carry" (stupid name for carrying concealed without a license) is not likely anytime soon in Georgia.
View Quote

Looks like they're trying again this year.

https://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/58787
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:So, no, what you call "constitutional carry" (stupid name for carrying concealed without a license) is not likely anytime soon in Georgia.
View Quote

It's not what "I" call it, it's the common use terminology and it's not a name for carrying concealed without a license.  It's the name given for the ability to carry, any way you want, without being forced to have a license as was the constitutional intent.  Or, in other words, doing away with the unconstitutional license requirement to practice your constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View All Quotes

That's great and I definitely support them but now that Georgia is solidly enough blue the state is the business of taking away your gun rights, not enforcing them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#47]

That's great and I definitely support them but now that Georgia is solidly enough blue the state is the business of taking away your gun rights, not enforcing them.
View All Quotes

It never passed all the times they tried in the past when the state was supposedly red either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Can we update this thread with the specifics of the new law? Lawyer friend in my church showed me the text of the actual Constitutional Carry bill and it looks like churches are still opt-in?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#49]
handgunlaw.us is currently saying Georgia is a "permitless carry" state.  And it seems to apply to non-residents as well. . .or am I missing something?

Link here
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top