Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2022 4:29:51 PM EDT
Our only chance to see some long-missed relatives is to pony up $200+ and meet them at the Georgia Aquarium on Monday. The website says they have these fancy new unobtrusive metal detectors and there are no weapons allowed. Is that kosher under the new law? I would have thought "Constitutional carry" meant "carry everywhere," but it may have been a misleading slogan Kemp used to make it look like he was 2A friendly. Anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Private property is still private property and they have the right to say "no guns allowed".  Banning guns at the aquarium sucks and it's stupid but constitutional carry doesn't over rule someone else's rights.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They wand, btw
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, their security screening measures are not conducive to CC at all.  They are now using the same shit airports use.  You aren't getting a weapon inside.

Private property, their rules.

Haven't been since before the plandemic, but when we did, I just left my gun locked in the trunk, so I could have it after the aquarium.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I managed to get an LCP in there 3 times, in compression shorts between my legs.

They didn't have enough interest in getting that up close and personal with me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they’re doing what Delta does at their Flight Museum and static 747 display down at the airport. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
In their defense, I can't imagine how bad it would be if some idiot put a round into the aquarium glass of their main tank, or any of them for that matter.  
It would be real bad for sure.

I've never felt unsafe inside the aquarium.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In their defense, I can't imagine how bad it would be if some idiot put a round into the aquarium glass of their main tank, or any of them for that matter.  

View Quote

I'd have to imagine at least hundreds of thousands in damage.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wonder how bullet resistant aquarium glass is? Off to Google...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very. It’s acrylic and VERY thick. At the Tennessee Aquarium they have/had a cross section on display.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very. It’s acrylic and VERY thick. At the Tennessee Aquarium they have/had a cross section on display.
View Quote

But the pressure from how many thousands of gallons in that tank.  I would not want to be standing in front of it if it caught a bullet.  
I don't think I could chug sea water that fast.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would venture that most handgun calibers wouldn't penetrate, but I imagine the damage would still require replacement due to liability.

God forbid the "glass" failed in the future.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your "feelings" don't make it so. A bad guy trying to harm my family being taken down is a larger issue than a hole in a tank that can be repaired. Sort of like the guns on planes argument and "depressurizing" from a rogue round.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your "feelings" don't make it so. A bad guy trying to harm my family being taken down is a larger issue than a hole in a tank that can be repaired. Sort of like the guns on planes argument and "depressurizing" from a rogue round.
View Quote

You have a better chance of being attacked on the way there than once inside.

Lighten up. I’m on your side. I carry everywhere I can do so easily or I usually abstain from an area that makes it impossible or not easy. Not saying that I agree with it but I do understand why. I haven’t been in a few years more so due to the cost and the fact that Atlanta is a fucking shit hole and a great place to get killed period if you are the wrong color in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top