Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2024 6:16:41 PM EDT
Hey, guys - pretty nifty forum you kids have here.

Mind if I hang out with you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, hang with us.  Where in SC are you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Summerville area. I've been gone from the site for a while. A couple of the old heads will remember me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember you.

Where have you been? Turkish prison?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe this is what old guys like me refer to as a "Blast from the Past"!

Nice to see your handle again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Still riding or have you hung that up?

Hope things have been well for you
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:44:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brohawk] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lizARdman15:
Still riding or have you hung that up?

Hope things have been well for you
View Quote

After that kid nailed me a few years ago and kinetically disassembled my bike I had a lot of people tell me, "You need to quit riding." I wasn't going to let him do that to me. After the doc cleared me to start using both legs (still a lot of healing ahead) they weren't strong enough to hold up a bike, so I picked up a Road King with a sidecar. It was kinda funny at work when people saw a motorcycle in the handicapped spot. My crutches fit in the hack fine. I'm back on two wheels now.

As for an update, I retired at the end of '22 and since then worked harder than I had in a long time. I didn't realize how much stuff around the house I didn't have time for before this!

Anyway, life is good; not perfect, but good. The fetching Mrs. Brohawk and I will celebrate 36 years of wedded bliss in March. Well, it's been bliss for me, but there may have been a couple of times when I made sure she was asleep before I went to bed. Didn't want to wake up with a pillow over my face!

Looking for opportunities to serve more in church and be useful to God's kingdom. If life was a football game I'm in the fourth quarter, and I don't want to be sitting on the bench waiting for the clock to run out. Put me in, Coach!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on retirement!

Glad to see you can still ride. It seemed to really bother you that you might not be able to ride again, or at least not be able to enjoy it as much.

Take care. I've missed seeing your name on here as a mod(not that D16 is bad or anything! LOL)
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]

It's great to see you're back and are out there kicking butt on two wheels again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see you back, we missed you!

Greetings from the south side of Summerville!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome back!  I grew up in Summerville.  Live outside of Lugoff/Elgin on Lake Wateree now.  Also retired.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
@Brohawk !  Long time man!  Still have your quote in my signature.
View Quote

That almost makes me famous!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top