Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2021 7:01:49 PM EDT
I may getting transferred there for work, saw some videos of the nightlife on YouTube at the gas lamp area.

People there and be Behavior seems very ghetto.

How shitty are the people there, are these ghetto animals living in that area?

Or do they commute there to have a good ghetto time?
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Instead of going to the Gaslamp area I would highly recommend going to the Hillcrest are nearby instead.  Also while over there make sure to check out The Brass Rail as well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 1:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Gas lamp is no different then any other downtown restaurant district around the US.

I was there a few months ago and I’d compare it to Austin/Sixth Street, maybe Georgetown in DC, Manhattan/NYC or South Beach and Bayside in Miami.

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gas lamp is no different then any other downtown restaurant district around the US.

I was there a few months ago and I’d compare it to Austin/Sixth Street, maybe Georgetown in DC, Manhattan/NYC or South Beach and Bayside in Miami.

View Quote

No different except for the 2000 homeless in and around downtown, including gaslamp.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Gaslamp used to be ok, now every major downtown area in California is overrun with homeless and criminals. The laws prevent the cops from being able to do anything to stop it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gaslamp used to be ok, now every major downtown area in California is overrun with homeless and criminals. The laws prevent the cops from being able to do anything to stop it.
View Quote
"aggressive panhandling"  They made it illegal for a while, but I bet the free speech leftists have made it legal again.  I was accosted by bums there more than once, almost to the point of pepper spraying them.

It is fun during daylight, but I wouldn't go there after dark without backup.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Gas lamp is a typical tourist attraction. That being said there are some good eats there. Go find a hole in the wall Mexican food place to blow your tastebuds. I loved Tamarac and encinitas area when I was a young surfer. SD county has a lot to offer in a lot of ways and I'm a born and raised OC boy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No different except for the 2000 homeless in and around downtown, including gaslamp.
View Quote

That’s not unique to gaslamp or San Diego.  Everyone of the places I mentioned is like that.  Even Waikiki is that way, except they try to keep them a little more out of the tourists areas.   Vegas, same way and worse every year.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s not unique to gaslamp or San Diego.  Everyone of the places I mentioned is like that.  Even Waikiki is that way, except they try to keep them a little more out of the tourists areas.   Vegas, same way and worse every year.
View Quote
Yes, lots of scum wandering Vegas, however, I can be legally armed there, unlike Waikiki or San Diego.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Spent two nights in the Gaslamp in December. There was nothing scary. It’s a bunch of restaurants and night spots and hotels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top