Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 8:51:09 AM EDT
What's the gas situation?

I need to make a roundtrip tomorrow (Friday) from SPI to Corpus Christi. RGV is kinda sketchy right now.

Thinking of hitting Raymondville, Kingsville & CC proper for topping off.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
To add to this, the Citgo distribution center in Brownsville was just re-energized so they are able to fill/distribute gas from there. They still need to re-energize the Valero distribution center in Harlingen. I've not heard anything bout others, Exxon, etc.

Is anyone in the area north of here to, and including, CC?
Are there similar problems in those areas?

I may have to put off the trip a day or 3.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Nearly all of Alvin has no gas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd put it off if possible, things should be cleared up by next week once the temps start getting well above freezing Friday-on
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd put it off if possible, things should be cleared up by next week once the temps start getting well above freezing Friday-on
View Quote
I think I'm waiting to Saturday for sure.

Each day is costing me $100.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think I'm waiting to Saturday for sure.

Each day is costing me $100.

View Quote

Supposed to be in the low 40s in DFW tomorrow, and 50s on Saturday which should alleviate a lot of the current issues... just some sunshine at 25 has snow melting off my concrete walkway
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Lines around the block for gas in Brownsville. I waited until after 1030 last night and sat in line almost 2 hours to fill up.  Stripes across from Blue Marlin just got power and reopened this am.  They are getting run on now.  I heard yesterday 77 was iced over in Kingsville.  I would wait till Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lines around the block for gas in Brownsville. I waited until after 1030 last night and sat in line almost 2 hours to fill up.  Stripes across from Blue Marlin just got power and reopened this am.  They are getting run on now.  I heard yesterday 77 was iced over in Kingsville.  I would wait till Saturday.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Called around some places today.

Harlingen still sounds sketchy.

Couldn't find contact info for anyone in Raymondville. Will just stop on the way and check.

Love's in Kingsville should be GTG.

Corpus will hopefully be settled down by tomorrow. Long lines.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
South Houston seems more or less back in operation, at least the big stations along the highways
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top