Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2021 8:20:14 AM EDT
I've been reading a few threads about clearance pricing at gander mountain.
Has anyone seen this down in Fredericksburg?
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:26:38 AM EDT
I haven't been there in awhile.  I try to avoid Rt.3 and Central Park
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2021 1:04:46 PM EDT by nvcdl]
Noticed the clearance pricing last Monday but didn't have time to really shop.

Went back Thursday and the scopes and tannerite and most stock was pretty much gone.  The only thing they had in stock was used guns and over priced mags.  You could pick up a good deal on used revolvers or CZ-75s as they will be well under market price with 25% off.

I picked up one of last steel targets for 50% off.  Also picked up some lures at 75% off.  Looks like they are going to get rid of firearms and maybe fishing tackle - sad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:51:00 PM EDT
They've been clearancing stuff off for a few months now. I didn't realize they had more that they were taking down in price. I'm not sure if they're closing or going more towards RV stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:56:56 PM EDT
Ok, just got out of the store. It looks like fun/tactical stuff was all on sale, fishing/kayaking/etc. was fully stocked, so not sure if they are just clearing out certain areas. That whole back area where the guns and safes were has been getting cleared out for weeks, so they might just be clearing more room for RVs. If you need a shotgun or a rifle in a random hunting caliber, that’s about all they all have.

Example photo:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:18:09 AM EDT
I don’t know how they have stayed in business at all.  The only time I remember it ever being busy was when they first opened.

Just about everyone I know from the Fredericksburg area goes to Green Top to buy hunting and fishing items.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2021 10:29:17 AM EDT by 4Truck]
Went yesterday. Guns are 25% off, but not a whole lot left.  Some decent rifles and shotguns.  Handguns are mostly wiped out save for a bunch of Colt detective specials in various beat ups condition.  Some Kimber hunter rifles for a decent price.  I was tempted on the 308,  but passed.

Guy I know at the gun counter says they’re going all RV/camping.  Sucks, because it was at least nice to grab lures there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:28:29 PM EDT
I was there today and noticed they had a couple older Husquvarna 30/06 rifles in stock at around $500 so should be $400 with discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top