Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2021 12:34:34 AM EDT
So I couldn't find a section on Arfcom that deals with this although I may have just missed it.

I am in need of a game camera that's worth buying but not a high end price camera.  Does such a thing exist?  I've never owned or used one so I don't anything about what's good and what's not.  

Can someone recommend one? Even a used one if you know someone who has a decent one for sale.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Good ones run about 100 bucks. So I always look for the ones on sale around 100 bucks. Last one I bought was the spypoint at academy. And it has free texting pics back to you.  As long as it can get a decent cell signal. So I say about 100 dollar range for cameras that are on sale.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the use? High pixel pics of neighbor hood threats or just identifying animals. Amazon has cheap ones that are about $45.00 that work pretty well 24 hours a day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
And check out the hunting section of arf. That's where you will
get the best info
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It's actually for figuring out which cat is putting her stinkies where she's not supposed to.  With 5 cats it's all but impossible without a camera.  

The question is, do I want to spend $50 on a camera that will work well enough indoors for the task at hand but not be a great choice for using outside for normal usage?  Or do I spend twice that to get a camera that will work for what I need now AND what I may need later?

I've read the reviews for the $50 cameras and they are pretty bad in general.  Oddly enough the ones recommended by online article writers are hated by the people who actually bought them.  It's almost like the people writing the article was getting something out of a good review.  Weird.  

Anywho, I looked at the Moultrie 4000i because it's on sale and most of the positive reviews are from people who got free cameras in return for a review.  There are multiple bad reviews from the people who paid for theirs.  Lots of 1 and 2 star reviews but when I go to Moultries website they have nothing but great reviews.  Uh huh.  Makes it pretty hard to trust that company.

So, still looking until such time as I figure out who pooped on my teddy bear!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I use these for everything. We have some set at work, and I use them in the woods.

This one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a spypoint. And use the free cell service. It will text u pic as it happens.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought two MUDDY cellular cams from Academy at $99 each on sale.  Not sure if you need cellular, but for me it’s nice to see activity daily on an app when the cams are 90 miles away.  I’m probably 8 months in, so far so good.  The app picture uploads are crap quality (thumbnails), but it works.  Count on monthly fees if cellular.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm about 99% sure I know who the culprit is and why she's doing what she's doing so I don't think I'm going to need the camera after all.  At least for now.  

Now I just have to come up with a solution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top