Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 9:44:57 PM EDT
Anyone know a good source for GSD puppies in DFW area, preferably near McKinney?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Please consider adopting from a shelter vs buying from a breeder. There are several German Shepherd rescues in the Dallas area. Sheila’s Hope is one in Royse City that we have worked with where we got our girl. Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Good Shepherd Rescue of North Texas, wonderful, wonderful people.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I prefer a rescue as My current GSD was a rescue, and her sister was one as well.  I wasn't having luck fining a rescue that was not elderly.  Given that I have a 10yo female, I am hoping to get a puppy or adolescent.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
https://balogranch.com

We got our GSD puppy there. Nice guy and animals seemed well cared for in their facilities.   Would have loved to do a rescue but we wanted a puppy and wanted a full blood dog.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
One more option for you. City of Sachse shelter has a 12 week old GSD (possibly a mix). It had a front leg amputated last week. I think they did the surgery Friday and he spent the weekend at an employee’s home.

We have a tripod cat and he is pretty much fully functional and has a great quality of life.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3323209817700525&id=281428291878708
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a super rescue GSD that we got from here.  Good people.  You have to love rescues...they just need a little more TLC.  Ours is a big big baby when storms come.  I can only imagine that he was in a bad storm in the period when he was homeless before Good Shepherd Rescue got him.  He had heart worms too, so we had to get him thru that (Good Shepherd provided all the medications) but 3 years later he's doing great and is a wonderful dog like all of our GSD's have been.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good Shepherd Rescue of North Texas, wonderful, wonderful people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top