Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2022 11:50:55 PM EDT
Well, is there a clear choice for us? Not seeing much on positions, just some endorsements and some holding out for a nod from Trump. Obviously anything is better that Whitmer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Tudor Dixon is endorsed by the senate majority leader Mike Shirkey.  Shikey voted for the gas tax after the voters rejected it and promised a senate demonrat a hearing on red flag laws.

Tudor Dixon is also endorsed by the Devoses, who like every rino that comes down the pike.

Kevin Rinke is a successful businessman who seems to get things done. So far, he isn't setting the world on fire with his promises on what to do if elected.

Garret Soldano seems like a genuine grassroots candidate.  One thing he promises is to no longer exempt the state .gov from FOIA requirements.

Ryan D. Kelley seems OK but he's caught up in the Jan 6 persecutions and show trials so he'll probably get hammered in a general election.

I'm lukewarm about all of them except Dixon.  Given her endorsements, I won't vote for her.

There's videos of some of the debates among them on youtube.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tudor Dixon is endorsed by the senate majority leader Mike Shirkey.  Shikey voted for the gas tax after the voters rejected it and promised a senate demonrat a hearing on red flag laws.

Tudor Dixon is also endorsed by the Devoses, who like every rino that comes down the pike.

Kevin Rinke is a successful businessman who seems to get things done. So far, he isn't setting the world on fire with his promises on what to do if elected.

Garret Soldano seems like a genuine grassroots candidate.  One thing he promises is to no longer exempt the state .gov from FOIA requirements.

Ryan D. Kelley seems OK but he's caught up in the Jan 6 persecutions and show trials so he'll probably get hammered in a general election.

I'm lukewarm about all of them except Dixon.  Given her endorsements, I won't vote for her.

There's videos of some of the debates among them on youtube.  
View Quote
I seen one of the debates, it was not very promising.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I seen one of the debates, it was not very promising.
View Quote
It's very difficult to beat an incumbent.

The rage over the lockdowns has pretty much died off.  And I don't think the present governors disapprovals are very high.

The republicans don't have an "A" team to draw from so you get a bunch of not very exciting candidates.  The only candidate with strong recognition and approval was Chief Craig and his campaign consultant was a total fuck up who couldn't even get him on the ballot.

I don't know if Johnson could have pulled it off but he was willing to spend a lot to try.  He hired the same incompetent consultant as Craig and got the same result.

Republicans in MI, on the average, are a bunch of fuck ups.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's very difficult to beat an incumbent.

The rage over the lockdowns has pretty much died off.  And I don't think the present governors disapprovals are very high.

The republicans don't have an "A" team to draw from so you get a bunch of not very exciting candidates.  The only candidate with strong recognition and approval was Chief Craig and his campaign consultant was a total fuck up who couldn't even get him on the ballot.

I don't know if Johnson could have pulled it off but he was willing to spend a lot to try.  He hired the same incompetent consultant as Craig and got the same result.

Republicans in MI, on the average, are a bunch of fuck ups.
View Quote
I'm don't believe we've had a one term Governor in my life, seems like all of them serve 2.
You're right about the lockdown rage, once she felt the heat, she stfu and hid in the basement until things blew over.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems as though she and her cronies have used their governmental power to eliminate as many republican candidates from even being on the ballot.  I do not remember that happening to this extent in the past, but maybe it just wasn't reported on as much.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The Gov. and the the AG are motivated leftists who will do whatever it takes to win.  Whoever is going up against her needs to have their shit together.  They have already knocked off several R challengers and we haven't even gotten to the primaries yet.  We need all hands on deck if we have any chance of winning in Nov.  People have short memories and have already forgotten about all the lockdown bullshit.  The other problem there is that if you don't travel a lot or have dealing in other states you don't realize how bad it is in your state compared to others.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
With everyone I know the FBI raid and fakery only gave a LIFT to Mark Kelley's bid, since we know the Jan 6th "insurrection" storyline is total BS.....and the dim-o-craps showed who they really fear as a candidate.
Tudor Dixon comes off as reasonable but NOT a fighter, and we NEED a fighter.

So Mark Kelley it is  
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Ryan Kelley
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm don't believe we've had a one term Governor in my life, seems like all of them serve 2...
View Quote

Yeah, it appears that two terms are a given unless they get caught in flagrante delicto with an underage person of either sex.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah sorry, I of course meant Ryan Kelly for Governor....

Plus by a long shot we need Hima (who testified about the 2020 election fraud) Kolanagireddy in our MI Congress as well!

Oh and, for the (supposedly) non-partisan Judge ballot vote for only Karl Barr....as the others are Ann Arbor libtards  
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I think Dixon will take it, but I think I'll give my primary vote to Ryan Kelly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think Dixon will take it, but I think I'll give my primary vote to Ryan Kelly.
View Quote

She's just another RINO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is a voter's guide to the governor candidates that was written by a pretty conservative, pro Trump group.

That being said, it does have a lot of facts and it seems clear what statements are facts and which are opinions.
https://files.constantcontact.com/cb136470901/0af9cb11-98db-4e90-9155-169734c05e45.pdf?rdr=true
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]
PDF was great. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I like Soldano.

He led the effort to strip the Gretch of her emergency powers.

That’s street cred I. My book.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Soldano is going to get my vote.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#21]
So it looks like she's already the 'Heir apparent'.

The woman who terrifies Gov. Whitmer

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't trust Dixon in the least and if she has ''shacked'' up with Shirkey she is corrupt and a RINO period. He is a snake that says one thing and WILL do the opposite. He is not a conservative even though people are stupid enough to think he is. I supported him the first time, the second time I told him to GTF off my property and he damn well wasn't putting a sign up. Being from Chicago and having cancer doesn't make you a ''good'' candidate for governor. She has no real creds.

Soldano, For some reason he just doesn't come across as believable and he has some funny history.

I'll likely go with Kelly as he is about the only one that actually puts his actions before his words.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So it looks like she's already the 'Heir apparent'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxC7GAirK5g
View Quote

Soldano gets my vote.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Gretchin is getting a second term.  Don't kid yerselves.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, looks like the fix is in.... again.....

Tudor Dixon wins it
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tudor Dixon wins it
View Quote

Agreed 100%.  Damn sheep of MI.  I wonder how many voted simple because of the Trump endorsement.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes November is going to be voting for the better tasting shit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agreed 100%.  Damn sheep of MI.  I wonder how many voted simple because of the Trump endorsement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tudor Dixon wins it

Well, I think I figured out what might have been a big part of Dixon's early lead.....

Democrats are crowing all over Twitter about how they voted in the R primary to make sure Whitler got to take on the weakest opponent possible

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Because Michigan is an open primary, the dem's do this every time. That's how we got Snyder.

But the dem's are scared of Tudor.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because Michigan is an open primary, the dem's do this every time. That's how we got Snyder.

But the dem's are scared of Tudor.

View Quote

Right, which is why it doesn't make sense that they'd vote for her.

Witless was running attack ads against her before the primary.

I'd much rather have Ryan Kelley, and voted for him yesterday, but he'd have been crucified by the media.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I voted for Ryan Kelly too, I agree that he would have been hounded relentlessly in the media.

Tudor Dixon said she supports constitutional carry and election integrity. She should do much better in the suburbs than other Republican candidates, in Michigan that matters.

I really want Whitmer out, she did so much damage. Not going to let perfection be the enemy of the good on this, I will vote Dixon in Nov.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I voted for Kelly too.

This the results for Berrien county.
Governor (REP)
Tudor M. Dixon      7,762

Ryan D. Kelley       3,391

Ralph Rebandt       879

Kevin Rinke           2,909

Garrett Soldano     3,248

Total write-in         140

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#33]

This was before the election. Whitless is scared/
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Did she have a lot of support on the lower West side?  In the couple weeks before the election I drove around SE MI, up 75 and around Traverse City up thru Petosky around that area for a few days, thru Gaylord and over to Tawas and back to central MI.   I saw 2 Dixon signs.  SE had lots of Saldano and up North had lots of Rinke signs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Dixon has a radio show on the west side and she sent a lot of emails out as well as having some television ads.

At the start, the rest of them didn't have as much name recognition as she had.

Unless she says/does something really stupid between now and November, I'll probably vote for her.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Another female governor is not what the state needs.  This is such a shit show now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#37]

The leftist reply's
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I voted for Kelly too.

This the results for Berrien county.
Governor (REP)
Tudor M. Dixon      7,762

Ryan D. Kelley       3,391

Ralph Rebandt       879

Kevin Rinke           2,909

Garrett Soldano     3,248

Total write-in         140

View Quote
10 million people in MI and that's what decides it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
The percentage of stupid voters is high enough as it is.  It's probably a blessing that not all of them vote.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The percentage of stupid voters is high enough as it is.  It's probably a blessing that not all of them vote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because they don't vote doesn't necessarily mean that a ballot (for Democrat candidates) with their name on it won't be cast.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Tudor Dixon was the worst possible candidate for the general election. There is too many democrats in this hell hole to be that conservative on abortion and expect to win. She will get zero support from moderates, she will win over zero democrats and will have to depend on an already slim amount of die hard republicans. Shes going to lose by 10 points in the general election I bet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tudor Dixon was the worst possible candidate for the general election. There is too many democrats in this hell hole to be that conservative on abortion and expect to win. She will get zero support from moderates, she will win over zero democrats and will have to depend on an already slim amount of die hard republicans. Shes going to lose by 10 points in the general election I bet.
View Quote

Yep.

The only ad's I see/exposed to are what run on youtube, and I've seen the same one hitting her on abortion multiple times, and a lot more people skew pro-choice then the bible thumping right thinks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#43]
We now also have a Trump-endorsed Lt. Governor candidate in Shane Hernandez;
https://rumble.com/v1gtaw9-a-brilliant-pick-the-truth-about-shane-hernandez.html

Assuming he passes muster and everything goes well at the State Convention this weekend, we'll have an all-Trump-endorsed ticket in November with Dixon/Hernandez, DePerno and Karamo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Hernandez is well qualified candidate for lieutenant governor.

When he was in the Legislature he was chair of the house budget committee and he is a solid conservative.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hernandez is well qualified candidate for lieutenant governor.

When he was in the Legislature he was chair of the house budget committee and he is a solid conservative.
View Quote

I’ll be voting yes for Hernandez at state convention. I’m very impressed with his resume and past activities. He once was named the most conservative legislator in our house.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'll be voting yes for Hernandez at state convention. I'm very impressed with his resume and past activities. He once was named the most conservative legislator in our house.
View Quote
#MeToo (assuming as a low-numbered alternate I get that opportunity)

Same thing with DePerno and Karamo  
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
#MeToo (assuming as a low-numbered alternate I get that opportunity)

Same thing with DePerno and Karamo  
View Quote

Awesome! I actually got top votes at our county convention. I'll be in Saginaw (District 8). They're all a strong yes from me.

Lt. Gov is going to be an issue likely. I was on a county chair call last night be prepared to have to be elevated to vote on paper ballots if it goes a couple rounds and people leave!

ETA I'll PM you my number. If you want send me a text and we can meet up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Awesome! I actually got top votes at our county convention. I'll be in Saginaw (District 8). They're all a strong yes from me.

Lt. Gov is going to be an issue likely. I was on a county chair call last night be prepared to have to be elevated to vote on paper ballots if it goes a couple rounds and people leave!

ETA I'll PM you my number. If you want send me a text and we can meet up.
View Quote
PM sent!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Unless Whitmer dies or pulls out before the election, she will have a 2nd term.  I'll put $100 cash up against the first person that doesn't believe me.  Only caveat is we both have to pony up $100 to an agreeable escrow holder to the both of us.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Tuder needs to take the gloves off  and start hitting hard.  She needs to remind everyone of how many small businesses died during the shut down
She needs to make people remember when Gretch flew to Florida on a private jet when we weren’t allowed to leave our houses
Remember “fix the damn roads” she didn’t bother to add  with more taxes!
Positive covid cases recovering in old folks homes? And killing them?

If she doesn’t start on that.  This will just be a cat fight that she will lose

I see 4 attack adds against Tudor to one feel good from her
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top