Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2021 11:22:20 AM EDT

Good morning GA!  I’m hitting up all those in and around Augusta, if I missed you or you’re not too far from the Augusta area and you’re interested in a possible meet-n-greet, reply or hit me up with an IM.  

Updating our list.  I'll follow up as we get closer to lock in your RSVP.  Currently 11 + 6

DATE: 6 FEB 2021
TIME: 1500
(will reserve part of the outer, screened area; area has heaters but may be cold, dress appropriately and in layers!)

Current attendees (updated 2/6/21):

ROCK6 + 1 + 1 (wife invited a friend)
redgoat +1
isd71
GTRider245
Knothea­d71
Bubba497h2 +1
GAFinch
marcus5819
votefromrooftops +1
red_devil
GANDYDANCER
BOPHack +1
Tabledude +1

Ground Rules: if you don't' want to share you employment/family info, that's fine, no pressure on this and again:

No illegal discussion (bitching is perfectly fine)
Practice your own OPSEC; it will be respected
No pictures without permission

Loose agenda:

- Introductions, share any other hobbies you want to share
- Interest in meeting periodically/quarterly
- Future meet-up locations?
- Schedule a meet-and-shoot at Angry Emu? Another range (I've gone to Beaver Dam in the Sumter National Forest by Edgefield; Fort Gordon is an option as well...)
- Open the floor to any other topics...
- Thoughts on inviting non-ARFCOM friends...

We got a couple more weeks, so I'll leave this open as I know things pop up from time to time, but I'll make reservations at the end of the month, about a week out. I'll keep this post updated for attendees, and just so you all (and all the undercover agents) know what I look like (no, I'm not the good looking one!)

Attachment Attached File

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in. Let me know if I can help in any way.
View Quote

Will do, thanks redgoat!  Bubba497h2 is willing to join up.  I'll keep a running list and we'll look at a date/time and location.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
@GTRider245

@GANDYDANCER
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
im down as well. Been to Emu's range a few times always a good time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in. Agree, this is something we need to do. Also agree with your ground rules.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.
Let's lock down a date. If I need to take a vacation day I have to schedule it two weeks out.
Thank you much ROCK6.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
@redgoat
@isd71
@GTRider245
@Knothead71
@Bubba497h2

Looks like about five of us so far (my wife will joint me so that's six)...a good start!  

So for dates, I'm looking at the first or second Saturday in February, 6 or 13 February...let me know if you have a preference or if one/both of those weekends won't work.  We can do a weekday, but that will require a little more coordination with everyone.  I figured a weekend is easier for most for our first meet up.

I'm flexible on time, but mid afternoon typically has smaller crowds.  I was looking at that Habaneros Mexican restaurant off Boy Scout, but if the weather sucks, any suggestions for an indoors place?

Again, just as simple meet and introductions.  We all have the same hobby from this site, but if you want to share any other (legal) hobbies, that's fine.  If you don't' want to share you employment/family info, that's fine, no pressure on this and again:

As for contact info, I think we stay on ARFCOM until people are willing to share/trust.  I won't be asking for your Snapchat five minutes after meeting you

I'm thinking of just a simple agenda (yeah, it's what I do):
- Schedule a meet-and-shoot at Angry Emu? Another range (I've gone to Beaver Dam in the Sumter National Forest by Edgefield; Fort Gordon is an option as well...)

Just some initial thoughts. Let me know which of the two dates work best and if anybody has a contingency location for inclement weather, let me know.  I would like it to be "semi-private" or outdoors just because of all the recent attention ARFRCOM has received.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@redgoat
@isd71
@GTRider245
@Knothead71
@Bubba497h2

Looks like about five of us so far (my wife will joint me so that's six)...a good start!  

So for dates, I'm looking at the first or second Saturday in February, 6 or 13 February...let me know if you have a preference or if one/both of those weekends won't work.  We can do a weekday, but that will require a little more coordination with everyone.  I figured a weekend is easier for most for our first meet up.

I'm flexible on time, but mid afternoon typically has smaller crowds.  I was looking at that Habaneros Mexican restaurant off Boy Scout, but if the weather sucks, any suggestions for an indoors place?

Again, just as simple meet and introductions.  We all have the same hobby from this site, but if you want to share any other (legal) hobbies, that's fine.  If you don't' want to share you employment/family info, that's fine, no pressure on this and again:

As for contact info, I think we stay on ARFCOM until people are willing to share/trust.  I won't be asking for your Snapchat five minutes after meeting you

I'm thinking of just a simple agenda (yeah, it's what I do):

Just some initial thoughts. Let me know which of the two dates work best and if anybody has a contingency location for inclement weather, let me know.  I would like it to be "semi-private" or outdoors just because of all the recent attention ARFRCOM has received.  

ROCK6
View Quote

Either date works for me. Farmhaus has a decent sized enclosed "outdoor" eating area.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be in but it’s a bit too far to travel for me now...  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Either date works for me. I'm good with any location. I'm sure we can find a location.
@ROCK6 Thanks for heading this up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Either date works for me too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Either date works for me. Farmhaus has a decent sized enclosed "outdoor" eating area.
View Quote

Farumhaus is a good idea...I'll do a recon and see if I can reserve part of their outdoors area.  Does the one downtown off Broad Street have a similar setup as the one off Flowing Wells Road?  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Feb 6 is better for me. I cant do the 13th.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
While I know amazon is on most everyone's shit list......the link provided is just a suggestion of the type of bag that folks might want to consider.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7MACL2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_nw4aGbPG92BD6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]
@isd71

Quoted:
Feb 6 is better for me. I cant do the 13th.
View Quote

Thanks for the input. I think everyone else is good for either weekend, so we'll narrow it down to 6 Feb...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Farumhaus is a good idea...I'll do a recon and see if I can reserve part of their outdoors area.  Does the one downtown off Broad Street have a similar setup as the one off Flowing Wells Road?  

ROCK6
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6

Downtown is indoor only. I prefer not to do business in Richmond County when at all possible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm in.

Got you added @GAFinch, that's for jumping in with us!

Quoted:
Downtown is indoor only. I prefer not to do business in Richmond County when at all possible.

Agreed.  Looks to be firming up to the Farmhaus Burgers off Flowing Wells Road on 6 February...I'll set the tentative time for around 1500 (3 PM) unless there's more input on doing it earlier or later. I'll check with Farmhaus to see if I can reserve a side in their outdoors section for a small work-gettogether

Current attendees:

ROCK6
redgoat
isd71
GTRider245
Knothea­d71
Bubba497h2
GAFinch

Thanks for the feedback and we're still open for those that want to jump in (plus Farmhaus burgers are pretty darn good!)

@glockfan68

Quoted:
I would be in but it’s a bit too far to travel for me now...  

Yeah, having been .mil, it's hard to get plugged in when you're moving every few years.  You may want to let @LoneWolf545 know to pull you off GA and get onto the UT page...stay safe.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm on the other side of the State, but I'm interested. Either date is fine. I'll just have to work it in somehow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm on the other side of the State, but I'm interested. Either date is fine. I'll just have to work it in somehow.
View Quote

@johnspark, you're more than welcome.  We travel around a lot on the weekends and were just in LaGrange this past weekend...we are looking at 6 Feb around 1500.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#21]
i'd like to attend..........i can do this on the where and when
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i'd like to attend..........i can do this on the where and when
View Quote

Great and thanks!  List is growing:

We now have 9.  If you don't want me listing your ARFCOM name here for OPSEC reasons, just IM me.  I know some need to keep a low profile for various reasons.  

As we get a little closer and the number stays firm, I'll see if I can reserve a corner in the outside area of the Farmhaus burgers off Flowing Wells road.  I'm cleared with my wife, the master scheduler, so we're good!

Date: Saturday, 6 FEB
Time: 1500 (still tentative in case somebody has a time conflict)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Wife unit is coming with me so add in a plus one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#24]
@GANDYDANCER

Info above
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are the ABC agencies paying that much per mile to "infiltrate" our meeting?

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I hit OP up this morning. I am in Feb. 6th.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

i'll be there.........................................
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Great and thanks!  List is growing:

We now have 9.  If you don't want me listing your ARFCOM name here for OPSEC reasons, just IM me.  I know some need to keep a low profile for various reasons.  

As we get a little closer and the number stays firm, I'll see if I can reserve a corner in the outside area of the Farmhaus burgers off Flowing Wells road.  I'm cleared with my wife, the master scheduler, so we're good!

Date: Saturday, 6 FEB
Time: 1500 (still tentative in case somebody has a time conflict)

ROCK6
View Quote

me plus 1, my fiance. screen name on here is cool
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Updating our list.  I'll follow up as we get closer to lock in your RSVP.  Currently 10 + 3

Current attendees:

ROCK6 + 1
redgoat +1
isd71
GTRider245
Knothea­d71
Bubba497h2
GAFinch
marcus5819
votefromrooftops +1
red_devil

Ground Rules: if you don't' want to share you employment/family info, that's fine, no pressure on this and again:

Loose agenda:

We got a couple more weeks, so I'll leave this open as I know things pop up from time to time, but I'll make reservations at the end of the month, about a week out. I'll keep this post updated for attendees, and just so you all (and all the undercover agents) know what I look like (no, I'm not the good looking one!)

Attachment Attached File

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#30]
My wife knows you wife. Great person she said.  
They are in the same profession.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Unless Hell freezes over I plan to be there .

gd
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Unless Hell freezes over I plan to be there .
gd
View Quote

Good to hear! Will update the top of the page...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are in the same perfession.
View Quote

Interesting.  My wife is definitely the better of us  Much smarter...she chose me!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interesting.  My wife is definitely the better of us  Much smarter...she chose me!

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are in the same perfession.

ROCK6

My wife will be attending she is also a member on her. LOL, cant remember her user name..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife will be attending also.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My wife will be attending also.
View Quote

Excellent will update you to a +1 (let your wife know she's the better half)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Excellent will update you to a +1 (let your wife know she's the better half)

ROCK6
View Quote

I do every day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

I should bring that up now that you mention it.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I am actually on shift that day (I can't read calendars, apparently) but I may be able to swing by.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I should bring that up now that you mention it.  
View Quote

The per diem is much lower than Atlanta; they'll be pissed.  Not to mention, it's Farmhaus burgers!  Not quite the white-collar establishment they want to infiltrate

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Just a bump.  We're up to 12 members and 5 significant others...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#42]
In!

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In!
View Quote

Will get you added, welcome!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
View Quote

Likewise!  I just picked up my shooting bench from a local friend and heck of a wood/leather/metal/everything worker; bugging him to get up on AR15.com, he's a hell of a patriot and solid guy.  It was going to be placed local, but that kind of fell through...may have to "store" it out at EMU's range:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It's a heavy beast but top notch comfort for a wood shooting bench.  If you need an excellent carpenter: Danny Matthews (don't ask about his daughters...off limits!)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Likewise!  I just picked up my shooting bench from a local friend and heck of a wood/leather/metal/everything worker; bugging him to get up on AR15.com, he's a hell of a patriot and solid guy.  It was going to be placed local, but that kind of fell through...may have to "store" it out at EMU's range:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/shooting_bench-1_jpg-1793601.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/Shooting_bench-2_jpg-1793602.JPG

It's a heavy beast but top notch comfort for a wood shooting bench.  If you need an excellent carpenter: Danny Matthews (don't ask about his daughters...off limits!)

ROCK6
View Quote
that looks like quality!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
that looks like quality!
View Quote

It is (and it's heavy as heck!).  Most of his stuff, he doesn't use hardware, everything is mostly joinery from him and he's really an artist with woodworking and his leatherwork...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It is (and it's heavy as heck!).  Most of his stuff, he doesn't use hardware, everything is mostly joinery from him and he's really an artist with woodworking and his leatherwork...

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that looks like quality!

ROCK6

Looks like pressure treated wood. It'll lighten up once the treatment dries out. It's a fine looking bench! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Looks like pressure treated wood. It'll lighten up once the treatment dries out. It's a fine looking bench! Enjoy!
View Quote

I think it is as well.  Plan is to possibly stain it, but definitely apply some clear-coating to seal it up as much as possible.  If we can get a cover out at Emu's range, I may "store" it out there

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, the supreme shooting bench maker, woodworker-craftsman/carpenter expert, leather-worker, problem-solver extraordinaire should have his account activated shortly and will be joining us on the 6th!

ROCK6
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top