Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 12:10:35 PM EDT
A friend is moving to the area and looking for.... something.

Can of course search all the usual sources.  FB Marketplace.  Zillow.  etc.

My question is more along the lines of - in some areas of the country it's popular for folks with nicer houses to have a sort of apartment over the garage, etc.  Though sometimes these are kept low key as they may be in a grey legal zone.  Very word of mouth.  So...  here i am, word of mouth-ing.

Popular in these areas? Other suggestions?  Alternative / off the wall ideas?

A modest budget and a small dog further limit the search.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Royal Park Condominiums in Oakland Park.
I live here and it's pretty nice.
No garages but it's very dog friendly and there's a dog park less the a quarter mile away.
There's 3 pools and a clubhouse with workout facilities.
You can get a place in here from 100-150k.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of budget does he have? Tamarac has some nice apts but most aren't inexpensive. Ft. Laud. is not really known for inexpensive apts unless you go into the hood.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You can find rooms for rent. But in most cases they are in areas you don't want to live.
If he can handle roommates, that's another option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top