Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2020 7:33:05 PM EDT
We’ve been looking at a couple of homes in Hedgesville and Falling Waters which don’t offer Xfinity. Unfortunately my job demands I have access to reliable and fast internet due to having to work from home on nights and early mornings every week in  addition to the day job portion of my work. Most of it is having to remote into servers and work or download application components, modify them, and re upload them for deploying throughout our Corp network over VPN.

A couple of these homes are absolutely unreal and beautiful. I’d kill to wake up to these views every day. With that said I am the primary source of income and need reliable broadband for my job such as xfinity. Is frontier as bad as people say? That seems to be all that’s available in most of the areas we are looking.  I’d really prefer not to move to a sub division in a golf course if I can avoid it. Not that there’s any thing wrong with that but I like a place with a nice view.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
This is good feedback. We will limit our search to where we can get xfinity. I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I just can’t figure this company out. Lots of people at work have a hard time getting them to resolve existing phone line issues. The one issue I had at the cabin they resolved in 2 days. Others have been waiting, especially for new land lines.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone that has battled Frontier for 5 years, i can say with full certainty, They SUCK !!

Horrible service ( landline and DSL) their customer service is in India. Ive actually been able to call their corporate office to try and get help.

If you end up with Frontier DSL, first thing to do is change your DNS #. Its super easy and will actually allow you to use the internet.

Also, If your using a VPN, like i am, DSL will further hinder speeds and dont even try to run multiple IOSs at same time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I called Comcast today and confirmed the homes we are looking at all have xfinity available. If my work didn’t depend on fast home internet speeds I would gladly buy something further in the sticks.

Our real estate agent also warned us about frontier. I hope 5G really changes things for the better in the next few years. WV is such a beautiful state.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Frontier is in BK now.  Unfortunately I have them.  Got to sort through and archive off about 20 years worth of email before I switch to Xfinity.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Frontier sucks. We only have copper land line available here, so no dsl. Unfortunately, that means satellite internet for us (I telework also). I can't wait for starlink to come on line so I can try that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Worst of the worst.
Only their shitty service can out-shit their shitty internet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#10]
They canceled my neighbor's service when I bought my house and tried to set up internet. Said my address (a previously vacant home) already had service and it had to be canceled first, send in proof I own the house.  Wouldn't give the neighbors their old phone number back afterwards either.

I dropped them for Shentel the first chance I got.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We’ve been looking at a couple of homes in Hedgesville and Falling Waters which don’t offer Xfinity. Unfortunately my job demands I have access to reliable and fast internet due to having to work from home on nights and early mornings every week in  addition to the day job portion of my work. Most of it is having to remote into servers and work or download application components, modify them, and re upload them for deploying throughout our Corp network over VPN.

A couple of these homes are absolutely unreal and beautiful. I’d kill to wake up to these views every day. With that said I am the primary source of income and need reliable broadband for my job such as xfinity. Is frontier as bad as people say? That seems to be all that’s available in most of the areas we are looking.  I’d really prefer not to move to a sub division in a golf course if I can avoid it. Not that there’s any thing wrong with that but I like a place with a nice view.
View Quote

Frontier is terrible, and given your need for remoting to your office, it would be a no-go. I am in the same boat as we are looking for a farm/land in the Randolph County area but both my job, as well as the wife's, requires broadband internet. Thankfully, Starlink should be available in this area by the end of the year and that should negate any terrestrial internet issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top