Is carry permitted at the rodeos?

What else do I need to know?

TIA
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have fun!
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgot all about Frontier Days, I stopped in Cheyenne last night on my way to Denver. $250 a night for a room at the crappy La Quinta! I should have stopped in Wheatland.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Can I carry at the rodeo?
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to Post Malone last night, it was awesome.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from visiting my son who is stationed at F.E. Warren. We went to the rodeo Monday night and had a great time. We walked around some and found the Frontier Days to be fun... of course my son's wife who is from Cheyenne was not as entertained which we understand.

We started off Saturday by driving up from Denver after flying in... hit the Stanley Hotel, took the tour, had a great time. Early Sunday we struck a road trip out to see some of the places my son works at, then on to SD to see Mt. Rushmore... loved the drive and scenery along the way... we covered a lot of ground.

Monday we stayed local seeing the base and some of Cheyenne, found the people to be quite nice, several even commented on us saying "thank you" etc.... I guess during CFD some folks are on edge? Then on to the rodeo which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Tuesday we hit the road for Yellowstone and headed back Thursday via Jackson Hole... words can't describe the wonderful things we did and saw. The best was a Grizzly mom with two cubs, they came within 30 yards of us as they passed. We loved the variety of mountains, forests, and grasslands. Snow on the mountains in late July... yep, we thought that was cool.

Friday we relaxed and walked the streets of Cheyenne as my son had to work. We ate dinner at a nice Mexican place and ended the night visiting before getting up at 2:30 am to drive back to Denver to catch a 6am flight back to hot/humid Florida.

WY, SC, MT, and ID were all I wanted or thought it would be. The states we visited did not disappoint.  Love the area and love the lifestyle. If not for having other property in FL and all the extended family, the wife and I would certainly like living out there. You folks out there are fortunate in my opinion.

I realized early on to top off the gas tank when possible. There were some LONG stretches of highway with nothing. Houses out on their own in the middle of nowhere... I'm sure planning ahead is important. Only funny thing was hardly no one has SWEET TEA...!
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Come visit in January or February through May.

There is a reason we still have snow in the draws this time of year. lol
View Quote
I know, I know... I lived in KY during the blizzard of 82 and WV in the blizzard of 94/95. I also spent two days stranded roadside near Baumholder, Germany with an M60A3 tank frozen to the ground lol.

I'm sure it gets old though...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top