Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2022 6:24:38 PM EDT
My dim bulb family decided it would be brilliant to Christmas in New Hampshire this year.

We are flying up on the 23 and will be spending a week doing cold shit.

Looking for recommendations for foods, activities and off the wall shit to see. We’ve already been to the mount Washington inn about 10 years ago, probably won’t repeat.

Bonus points for places with squished penny machines, my oldest has a collection growing.  Day trips within a few hours drive would be fine too
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
North Conway is a nice area but a tourist trap this time of year.

Look into the Ice Castles in Lincoln. It’s about an hour away but the drive is nice. Look it up early and buy tickets online.
Ice Castle

In Jackson (just north of North Conway is a place that does sleigh rides. I’ve done it before and will again in a few weeks with the family.
Nestlenook Farms Sleigh Rides

Several good restaurants,
Zebs general store.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
North Conway is a nice area but a tourist trap this time of year.

Look into the Ice Castles in Lincoln. It’s about an hour away but the drive is nice. Look it up early and buy tickets online.
Ice Castle

In Jackson (just north of North Conway is a place that does sleigh rides. I’ve done it before and will again in a few weeks with the family.
Nestlenook Farms Sleigh Rides

Several good restaurants,
Zebs general store.
View Quote

Ice castle looks cool, doesn’t appear to open until mid-Jan.
Did the sleigh ride when they were still doing lunches afterward. Nice place. May wind up going back
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Polar express if you have kids
Limmer boots, custom fit handcrafted boots
Fun spot arcade museum in Laconia or Ryan's Family amusement
Moat mountain brewery
Delaney's Hole In the Wall
Outlets tax free shopping

-P
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Alpine Adventures in Lincoln will take you bombing around their mountain in a Pinzgauer.

https://alpinezipline.com/tours/off-road-tour/

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You want it straight?

Drive to the border of NH drop all your cash in the liquor store, turn back around and go home.  

Thanks for the visit...

I kid..

Come enjoy the mountains and all of the wonderful snow and stuff.

Hope the weather is decent when you get here.

PS

People who live in New Hampshire are called Granite Staters and New Hampshirites.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You want it straight?

Drive to the border of NH drop all your cash in the liquor store, turn back around and go home.  

Thanks for the visit...

I kid..

Come enjoy the mountains and all of the wonderful snow and stuff.

Hope the weather is decent when you get here.

PS

People who live in New Hampshire are called Granite Staters and New Hampshirites.
View Quote

Spoken like a true hampshirian.

Was about to ask about the liquor setup. Is it ABC like Nc, gas station like NM or indy like GA?  

Any easy to find gems on the bourbon front?  I’m going to need a bottle or two to keep your homicide numbers down. This side of my family is the worst.

We’re flying into bawhston and driving from there. I’m not going to fucking stay in MA any longer than I have to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn near every store sells wine and beer, however hard liquor can only be sold in state run liquor stores.

You can search the state liquor store website for specific products and it will tell you which stores have it in stock.
https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Was about to ask about the liquor setup. Is it ABC like Nc, gas station like NM or indy like GA?  

Any easy to find gems on the bourbon front?  I’m going to need a bottle or two to keep your homicide numbers down. This side of my family is the worst.

We’re flying into bawhston and driving from there. I’m not going to fucking stay in MA any longer than I have to.
View Quote

I know I spend the least amount of time in the peoples republic of Massachusetts as possible
fuckn commies down there..
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also have you GPS's your route north out of Boston?

If you are hitting 95 and then North to Rt 16  Stop at the Portsmouth traffic circle

If you are going the 93 route and then across the kang  I would suggest the liquor store right after the tolls in hooksett.

Probably by far the largest selection of whatever you want at either of those two

But if you hit the link above you can search for what you want and see the stores that have it available. Or better yet post here what you are looking for and we all can make sure its out of stock at all the stores that you might pass by
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I live on the other Side of the Notch from N. Conway. Sleigh Rides at Nestlenook, Wildcat for skiing, Mt Washington snow coach. Rent a snow machine if you are bold and if we get a decent amount of snow over the next couple weeks. Ice Fishing, ice castles at suggested above.....

There is an escape room in N. Conway that's neat, food wise I like Horse feathers wings, Jalisco's for cheap and fast American type Mexican food, Delaney's has a good burger, Barley and Salt has lots of beer on tap but the food is a little high brow for me....but they have a good pretzel if you want to grab a pint and a appetizer, Merlinos is pretty good. And Moat Mountain is good for BBQ and local beer.

Tuckerman's brewery in Conway has board games and corn hole boards inside, that can be a fun, play some games and have a couple beers. Green Mountain Rifle barrel Company is in Conway, make sure you check out the blem section.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you haven't already bought airline tickets you might want to look at flying into Manchester, NH. It's a whole boatload more convenient than flying into Logan and fighting Boston traffic.

Manchester Boston Regional, MHT.
MHT
View Quote

+100 on this, you don't want to land or take off from Boston with your pistol.  Commies gotta commie down there.

-P
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Thx all for the recommendations. Looks like the abc style booze with allocated lottery will keep me at wild turkey style drinks.

I’ll be in North Conway 12/23-12/29 if anyone wants to grab a snowcone or beer
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thx all for the recommendations. Looks like the abc style booze with allocated lottery will keep me at wild turkey style drinks.

I’ll be in North Conway 12/23-12/29 if anyone wants to grab a snowcone or beer
View Quote

I'm up for a beer and off till the first week of January.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry I'm late to this thread, make sure to go to Joe's spaghetti shed in Glen and post an AAR

@dalegribble87
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#17]
@spuddicus

So how did it go?

Any tall tales to spin or massive drama you need to vent about LOL
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Situation ongoing.  There is family drama in progress, thibk first group of entitled bitches are leaving early.  

We did cranmore today with the kids for skiing. Christmas Day we ran the snow tubing.

Bought some shit.

Dave’s bagels or whatever should make everyone’s list of recommendations. Their lox bagel was perfect.

Hit moat mountain and luchadors tacos. Horse feathers was another

Delaneys hasn’t been open when our schedule freed up for a meal.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh and had no clue roast beefs were their own thing up here.

Had one in Boston as we were northbound, that’s a life changing sammich

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh and had no clue roast beefs were their own thing up here.

Had one in Boston as we were northbound, that’s a life changing sammich

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/150826/13FAC419-BA71-4859-B732-846CD3C531E5_jpe-2650970.JPG
View Quote

This is a North Shore of Massachusetts thing.  N Shore roast beef sandwiches are definitely worth a trip once in a while. Different spots have their own special styles and combinations but in general they all offer a “Super” which is the largest size served on an onion roll.  Life changing is right!

Attachment Attached File

Some of the best
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is a North Shore of Massachusetts thing.  N Shore roast beef sandwiches are definitely worth a trip once in a while. Different spots have their own special styles and combinations but in general they all offer a “Super” which is the largest size served on an onion roll.  Life changing is right!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19382/D37C3A0B-6E28-4CF6-B3A5-92B571F05825_jpe-2651323.JPG

Some of the best
View Quote

Wife decreed that this will be in the menu tomorrow. We’re driving out of NH tomorrow to stage in Boston for an early flight Friday.  Took the fam to Portland today for lobstah.

I fucking hate the last day of vacation, ready to get home but still having to wait.

Attachment Attached File

Did score some willett rye while partaking Portland. Kid got a smashed penny from there as well so win-win-win in terms of a day expedition
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Well glad you got to partake  Food looks pretty decent.

Sorry to hear the entitled caused drama but that is to be expected is it not?

Hope you enjoyed the stay.  Sorry it was not more "snowy"  been a weak year snow wise.

Did you make a run over to see the ice castles by chance?  just curious how they came out this year
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well glad you got to partake  Food looks pretty decent.

Sorry to hear the entitled caused drama but that is to be expected is it not?

Hope you enjoyed the stay.  Sorry it was not more "snowy"  been a weak year snow wise.

Did you make a run over to see the ice castles by chance?  just curious how they came out this year
View Quote

Ice castles weren’t open yet.  Did get the super today. Fuckin off in bawhsten. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Made it to the hotel, rental car is turned in. Just a shuttle to the aerodrome in the morning and we’re back home.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ice castles weren’t open yet.  Did get the super today. Fuckin off in bawhsten. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/150826/DC78CB32-0358-4CBF-9BB9-6D1682B5DC4C_jpe-2653287.JPG

View Quote

Looks like she got the "3 way"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top