Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2022 4:00:34 PM EDT
Freedom in VB is currently closed. They had a fire on the roof this afternoon.

News link

Saw a FB picture on their page that looked like it was out. No injuries. Hopefully just a minor fire. I enjoy shooting there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully not a major fire.  Haven't shot there in a couple weeks and was looking forward to making time in the next few days.  For an indoor range, its a decent place.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I had just left there at 1 o’clock after taking a carbine class and then staying for carbine practice. I shoot USPSA there as well. I signed up for a membership during a sale 2 years ago with no initiation fee and 2 months free. I usually make it there every weekend so the thirty some odd dollars a month for a membership is money well spent. Hardest part is making it to the door through the shop area with my CC still intact.

Sounds like it was in their ventilation system and then spread to the roof.

They are closed today.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if someone fired a tracer into the backstop thereby setting a fire.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
That has happened before without too big of an impact. This started in the ventilation system and then spread to the roof.

They will be back open for business tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top