Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2021 10:54:54 AM EDT
I've heard about the free state project trying to get conservatives to move to NH to get more freedom.

I've also heard it's a bunch of drug addicts and pot heads looking for a place to get high.

How is this going?  Illinois is a lost cause, unless we can finally cede from Chicago. I like the idea of John Galt's free city, safe from communist cancer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#1]
FSP isn't a conservative movement, it's a libertarian movement.  As such, you get a mix.  NH is doing well at the local level and have moved the needle at the state level.  

I'm in the field, but can expand later if needed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally a decent group of folks, but they do get a few weirdos that come with them.  It has definitely helped shape NH politics a bit.

As a measure of which way they tend to lean, the FSP lives rent free in the heads of lunatic leftists on r/newhampshire and r/thegranitestate.  It is great to see.  

Come on over.  Bring some like minded voters with you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the free stater stuff is in the SW part of the state too
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FSP isn't a conservative movement, it's a libertarian movement.  As such, you get a mix.  NH is doing well at the local level and have moved the needle at the state level.  
View Quote

more or less this.

Feels pretty Conservative up in the North Country....alot of it is just rednecks who want to be left alone, there pretty A-Political, but always vote R
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most of the free stater stuff is in the SW part of the state too
View Quote

A lot of the Keene stuff is often conflated with the FSP, but aren't necessarily part of them.  They have their own Free Keene movement.  IMO, the Keene folks are the weirdos complete with the "Bitcoin 6", Bitcoin Ghandi, and the satan worshiping tranny that ran for sheriff.  

somewhat accurate...
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There needs to be a different color section around Hanover and Lyme that is labeled, "Communists". Also one for the southeast corner that says, "Communists from Massachusetts".
View Quote

I don't disagree.  

With the big land grabs in Bethlehem, carve out something there too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]
This seems about the same as I remember it. Darker the red, the more leftist.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This seems about the same as I remember it. Darker the red, the more leftist.
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/img.php?year=2020&st=NH&fips=33&off=0&elect=0&type=map_town_lg
View Quote

@zaphar

Wait, so red on this map is leftist..?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@zaphar

Wait, so red on this map is leftist..?
View Quote

Yes. You need to navigate to each state and election. I can't link individual results. https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't disagree.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There needs to be a different color section around Hanover and Lyme that is labeled, "Communists". Also one for the southeast corner that says, "Communists from Massachusetts".

I don't disagree.  

??
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree.  

??

Just something I noticed in my land search last year.  

Bethlehem kept popping with ready made neighborhoods.  Like a handful of set neighborhoods all layed out wit 5-10 acre lots which would disappear within a week.  

It wasn't anything i could put metrics on as I was in my own scramble to find chunk of land up there to buy in a less fashionable town, but it was noticeable and hard to believe locals would be the ones buying at some of those prices.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Bethlehem kept popping with ready made neighborhoods.  Like a handful of set neighborhoods all layed out wit 5-10 acre lots which would disappear within a week.  

It wasn't anything i could put metrics on as I was in my own scramble to find chunk of land up there to buy in a less fashionable town, but it was noticeable and hard to believe locals would be the ones buying at some of those prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree.  

??

Same old story. Farmer sells land, it gets subdivided, and in flock the NY, MA, NJ, CT, RI people to snap it up at inflated prices. There will be a lot of very upside down mortgages up here when the correction hits.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same old story. Farmer sells land, it gets subdivided, and in flock the NY, MA, NJ, CT, RI people to snap it up at inflated prices. There will be a lot of very upside down mortgages up here when the correction hits.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree.  

??

Yep, at least it goes into large lots here.  If this was North Carolina or Indiana it would become a dense neighborhood with houses on top of each other.  The land i bought last year was all marketed as easy to subdivide into 4 x ~10 acre lots. Yes, I overpaid, but I'm not subdividing either-all for me.

Already seeing some regret posts on reddit where people bought and waived contingencies such as home inspections.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Also one for the southeast corner that says, "Communists from Massachusetts".
View Quote

Yeah, especially the area from Keene to Peterborough. It's not uncommon for transplants to move into the area and call the police when they hear someone shooting on their own property.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Peterborough is shockingly leftist
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hardly ever go down to that corner of the state, but every time I do I get this feeling Bernie Sanders and his army of Bernouts are going to jump out from behind the trees and drown me in a Ben & Jerries ice cream vat.  It's palpable down there.  Just weird.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Incredibly.  Their community page is whacked.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I find that a good proportion of down country people who move here in order to experience life On Golden Pond generally tend to move back south between 2 and 4 years after arrival. They just don't understand how long winter can be. Spending a couple of weeks up here in July does nothing to prepare them for reality. Should be lots of properties for sale in the next year or two.
View Quote

Good, I'll be ready
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top