Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2018 6:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Konstable]
Not my neck of the woods but figured you here would appreciate knowing.....

http://www.recoilweb.com/free-pmags-to-be-given-away-in-vermont-to-oppose-gun-control-bill-136138.html

In anticipation of a legislative ban on standard capacity rifle magazines, the editors of RECOIL magazine are working with MAGPUL Industries to facilitate the delivery and distribution of 30-round PMAG rifle magazines free of charge to the citizens of Vermont in an overnight operation dubbed the “Green Mountain Airlift.”
In order to support the law-abiding gun-owners of Vermont and blunt the assault on their Second Amendment rights, RECOIL’s, Rob Curtis, will give away 1,200 30-round PMAGs on Saturday afternoon in front of the Vermont Statehouse in Montpelier starting at 2pm.
We invite the public to track the shipment of magazines from MAGPUL’s Cheyenne, WY facility to Vermont using the following FedEX tracking number: 771880807512. Should the shipment be delayed, the distribution will shift to 2:30pm on the date the shipment arrives.

“We’re grateful to MAGPUL’s Duane Liptak for spearheading the overnight donation of 400 pounds of freedom to the Green Mountain State,” says Curtis. “His swift action means we will get the magazines here before Governor Phil Scott signs S.55 into law, trampling the rights of law-abiding Vermonters.”
At the moment, the Vermont legislature is finalizing passage of S.55, a gun control bill that raises the age for long gun purchases to 21, requires mandatory background checks on nearly all non-commercial private firearm transfers, bans standard capacity rifle magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, and outlaws bumpstock devices.
RECOIL and MAGPUL invite the citizens of Vermont to the Statehouse at 2:30pm on Saturday March 31st to receive a free 30-round PMAG standard capacity rifle magazine and show their support for the Second Amendment of the United States. A representative from the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs will be on hand to accept donations that will fuel the legal challenge to the new restrictions.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/free-pmags-to-be-given-away-in-vermont-to-oppose-gun-control-bill-136138.html#ixzz5BGx3YAem
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]

MAGPUL through the assistance of RECOIL WEB has stepped up to the plate and will help Vermont residents in their time of need. This isn't the first time that MAGPUL has done something like this. In 2013, MAGPUL took action in the Boulder Airlift and gave free PMAGs to Colorado Residents after their mag ban was passed.

As stated on their Instagram Account and website:

ATTENTION TO THOSE IN VERMONT!

In anticipation of a legislative ban on standard capacity rifle magazines, the editors of RECOIL magazine are working with MAGPUL Industries to facilitate the delivery and distribution of 30-round PMAG rifle magazines free of charge to the citizens of Vermont in an overnight operation dubbed the "Green Mountain Airlift."

In order to support the law-abiding gun-owners of Vermont and blunt the assault on their Second Amendment rights, RECOIL's, Rob Curtis, will give away 1,200 30-round PMAGs on Saturday afternoon in front of the Vermont Statehouse in Montpelier starting at 2pm!

We invite the public to track the shipment of magazines from MAGPUL's Cheyenne, WY facility to Vermont using the following FedEX tracking number: 771880807512. Should the shipment be delayed, the distribution will shift to 2:30pm on the date the shipment arrives.

"We're grateful to MAGPUL's Duane Liptak for spearheading the overnight donation of 400 pounds of freedom to the Green Mountain State. His swift action means we will get the magazines here before Governor Phil Scott signs S.55 into law, trampling the rights of law-abiding Vermonters."
View Quote
Additionally, A representative from the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen's Clubswill be on hand to accept donations that will fuel the legal challenge to the new restrictions.

Duane Liptak of MAGPUL is currently running for the NRA Board of Directors by the way and an Arfcommer.

He's one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
He's one of the good guys.
View Quote

We we appreciate the good guys. Now, more than ever.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there with my sons, they already own all the magazines in the house but a few more can't hurt. Thanks Magpul!
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My daughter and I will also be there. We can always put a couple of extra magazines to good use. But the real reason we'll be there is to help give the libtards heartburn.

Side question: anybody here know for certain what the carry laws are on the Statehouse grounds?
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, great work Magpul and Recoil!
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:

My daughter and I will also be there. We can always put a couple of extra magazines to good use. But the real reason we'll be there is to help give the libtards heartburn.

Side question: anybody here know for certain what the carry laws are on the Statehouse grounds?
View Quote
Not sure what the actual law is but at a rally on the steps a few years back it was mentioned that we were in a gun free zone.  I will say that apparently the dems don’t really fear guns that much because there are no security measures even to get in the building.  At least not this past Tuesday.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Diet_Coke:

Not sure what the actual law is but at a rally on the steps a few years back it was mentioned that we were in a gun free zone.  I will say that apparently the dems don't really fear guns that much because there are no security measures even to get in the building.  At least not this past Tuesday.
View Quote
@Diet_Coke

Thanks, buddy. Was just checking, I'd figured to leave the EDC in the car. I don't need a legal hassle. And our side certainly doesn't need a black eye right now. After all, politicians prefer unarmed peasants.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Just checked FedEx to see the status of Green Mountain Airlift.

8:43 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
WILLISTON, VT
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Shows delivered at 9:26 AM.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Good turnout today.  Most importantly we were there to make a statement with the mags a terrific bonus.  
THANK YOU MAGPUL AND RECOIL!
Thanks to all that came out today.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd call this a good turnout:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Ha, I see my wife and my son in the top two photos, thank you for sharing those!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By D6T:
Ha, I see my wife and my son in the top two photos, thank you for sharing those!
View Quote
And my daughter in the top one. Glad I could help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top