Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2019 1:51:32 PM EDT
I've got about 2 dozen clean, empty 55 gallon barrels with lids for anyone who wants them. I have the lids for them too. I also have 5 of those 275 gallon IBC totes to give away also. They do not leak, the only thing wrong with them is that the bottom of the cages are beat up and we can't use them with a forklift. Take one, take all. Free! These are on the north side of Milwaukee for anyone who wants to pick some up.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Will 1 tote fit in the back of a full size pick up?   Maybe one drum too?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
whats the condition of the inside of the drums?
what was n there previously?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I will take one; be down there later December.

Burn barrel so condition is who cares.

Please IM your address.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will 1 tote fit in the back of a full size pick up?   Maybe one drum too?
View Quote
I'm pretty certain that one or maybe 2 will fit in the bed of a full size pickup. I believe that someone did that before. The IBC's have a footprint of 40x48, the same width as a standard pallet. I'll verify tomorrow to make sure.

ETA: The IBC dimensions are 40x48 by 48" tall.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
whats the condition of the inside of the drums?
what was n there previously?
View Quote
These are all clean, essentially new on the inside that have been painted in epoxy paint. The drums held frozen juice concentrate that was contained in bags. All the drums and IBC's had juice/syrup in them so no worries about any toxic chemicals or poisons. I know that people have taken the IBC's for water storage before. Some of the IBC's may have an odor of root beer or butterscotch RB in them but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm pretty certain that one or maybe 2 will fit in the bed of a full size pickup. I believe that someone did that before. The IBC's have a footprint of 40x48, the same width as a standard pallet. I'll verify tomorrow to make sure.

ETA: The IBC dimensions are 40x48 by 48" tall.
View Quote
I've transported two empty 265s in a silverado before.  You need to keep the tailgate down and use a ratchet strap, but it fits with no overhang.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm. I could use a new drum for my UDS. PM sent
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you that have IM'd me, I should have responded to everyone. If you haven't received a reply, IM me again.

--Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up my tote and barrel today.   I am not sure what I will do with the tote yet.

Thanks for the opportunity to have something to play with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top