Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 7:48:57 PM EDT
Protestors have the Falmouth bridge on RT1 blocked.  I hear buses have been dropping them off.  Lots of different looking folks here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This was posted on the PD's FB page a half hour ago. If there are that many people down there, things might get interesting real quick.

Dear Fredericksburg residents,
    Last evening, we encountered several hundred protesters in four distinct events.  The first three were peaceful and were supported by dozens of law enforcement professionals who ensured their safety in and around the City. The fourth event became unruly.
    Today, we are again supporting peaceful demonstrations.  With the curfew taking effect at 8:00 p.m. to ensure crowds disperse for our resident's safety, we will be taking the below actions.  We offer this plan as a way to communicate with you in advance of our efforts.  
    Please be assured we will work diligently to ensure our community's visitors are cared for with respect and compassion.  If they do not obey our orders, we will work to enforce the curfew to maintain our community's safety and order.
Police Chief Brian Layton
Curfew Education Plan of Action:
- 7:30 p.m. – Officers will make announcements over loudspeakers educating citizens the curfew begins in 30 minutes. The announcements will continue until all crowds have dispersed. Officers will also distribute copies of the curfew to educate citizens.
- 8:00 p.m. – Officers will approach all remaining citizens and ask them again to disperse as the curfew is in effect.
- 8:15 p.m. – Officers will continue to make announcements and hand out copies of the curfew order.
- 8:30 p.m. – Officers will approach remaining citizens and, once again, speak to them individually about the need to obey the order. Citizens who do not comply will be arrested by authority of the curfew
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Protestors have the Falmouth bridge on RT1 blocked.  I hear buses have been dropping them off.  Lots of different looking folks here.
View Quote

The buses have to park somewhere.  It would be a shame if something happened to them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Why Fredericksburg? I live in Fredericksburg, and we do not have any significant landmark or gov buildings that they can "protest" against.

Oops. never mind. we have Central Park with a lot of big box stores for looters to "shop".

If they block/occupy the bridge, can we just block off either side of the bridge with 20 ft wall/barrier that moves on wheels and push them towards the center of the bridge until diving is over.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
From the Stafford Sheriff’s office.  Commies got pushed back into the city.  They busted windows on a car with a one year old in it.  Another 20 seconds and I would have had a choice to make on the bridge.  I made it across as they were closing it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/staffcosheriff?lang=en
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why Fredericksburg? I live in Fredericksburg, and we do not have any significant landmark or gov buildings that they can "protest" against.

Oops. never mind. we have Central Park with a lot of big box stores for looters to "shop".

If they block/occupy the bridge, can we just block off either side of the bridge with 20 ft wall/barrier that moves on wheels and push them towards the center of the bridge until diving is over.
View Quote

Well we do have the University of Mary Washington which provides the city with enough liberal arts majors to hit critical mass for a "spontaneous" protest.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well we do have the University of Mary Washington which provides the city with enough liberal arts majors to hit critical mass for a "spontaneous" protest.
View Quote

My alma mater, that place is a cesspool of libtards.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, school's out right now for Wuhan virus.  Social distancing.  Must have a mask! Gotta call a special session of the General Assembly to criminalize an unmasked face.

Those are the kids crawling out of mommy and daddy's basement because they're not in school and wouldn't work if a job was offered to them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Millennials think they know everything and everything they know is 100% right.
They never admit they are wrong. When questioned with facts, they get violent.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Millennials think they know everything and everything they know is 100% right.
They never admit they are wrong. When questioned with facts, they get violent.

View Quote

And end up getting their ass kicked.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class of '99. I concur with this statement above.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The Mrs. just got back from shopping and said there is a group congregating in the area of the Mission BBQ at Rt. 3 and Bragg Road.  Just waving signs and yelling for now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Mrs. just got back from shopping and said there is a group congregating in the area of the Mission BBQ at Rt. 3 and Bragg Road.  Just waving signs and yelling for now.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. The wife is going out in a bit with her mom and will be avoiding that area now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got home. Drove by there around 1530 after stopping in SSG Tactical to try get a little bit of ammunition. Place was crowded. Anywho, I kept my eyes open as I went by but I didn't see anything around there. Just one guy sitting outside Mission BBQ on his phone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
The city curfew has been extended. Below is the office extension.
Office Release of Extension

From the PD's FB page: The Fredericksburg Police Department will enforce the curfew every night promptly at 8:30 p.m. If a person violates the curfew, they will receive a summons upon their first violation and be released. If they violate the curfew a second time, they will be taken into police custody.

Info on Curfew Enforcement The curfew enforcement is the second post down.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
From the Stafford Sheriff’s office.  Commies got pushed back into the city.  They busted windows on a car with a one year old in it.  Another 20 seconds and I would have had a choice to make on the bridge.  I made it across as they were closing it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/staffcosheriff?lang=en
View Quote

The City of Fredericksburg should have its own sheriff.
What are they doing?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What are they doing?
View Quote

Who knows.  Once the protesters got on the bridge they crossed into Stafford.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are they doing?
View Quote

Why do they need a Sheriff when they have a police force
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Fredericksburg does have a Sheriff’s Department, they perform court security and serve papers.

https://www.fredericksburgva.gov/479/Sheriff
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fredericksburg does have a Sheriff’s Department, they perform court security and serve papers.

https://www.fredericksburgva.gov/479/Sheriff
View Quote

As BradleyW said, the city S.O. takes care of court security and all civil process, criminal issues and traffic are handled by the police.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "Slave Auction Block" is offensive.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are they doing?

Every City and County in Virginia has an elected sheriff.
In more urban areas they are often relegated to operating and
guarding the jail, the Courthouse, and whatever else the Sheriff cares to do.

They are NOT subordinate to appointed 'Police Chiefs" but are actually superior to them.

In some places the appointed "Chief of Police" is actually a deputy of the elected Sheriff.
This is a way to ensure that the Chief and all his officers have legal authority.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#22]
In Virginia, the Sheriff is the chief law-enforcement officer of his jurisdiction, and answers only to the voters.

Here in Loudoun County the left-wing chairwoman of the Board of Supervisors is pushing for the establishment of a County Police Department. If such a department is established, then the Chief of Police would be appointed by the BOS, and would be required, under pain of dismissal, to run his department just the way that the BOS wanted it run.

Right now, the majority of the BOS are democrats, and the Sheriff is a republican. He can tell (and has told) the BOS where to stick it if they don't like the way he runs the department. In addition, his funding comes from the state, so the BOS can be as unhappy as they like, but they have no control over the Sheriff or his department.

Fortunately, Virginia law requires a county-wide referendum before a police department can be established. Although the vast majority of the carpetbaggers that have moved into the eastern part of the county, especially Sterling and Ashburn, are democrats, I think that when they find out how much it would cost them in increased taxes to have a County Police Department, they may very well vote against it. The western part of the county is more republican, but we just don't have the number of votes here as they do in the eastern part of the county.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore. It was removed from the city walkway on Friday June 5th and is being put on display at the Fredericksburg Museum.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#24]
You’re on your own in Fredericksburg

I hadn’t heard about this until last night. I hope someone is FOIAing this. Is official policy that protesters/rioters can do anything they want if its an official event?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hadn’t heard about this until last night. I hope someone is FOIAing this. Is official policy that protesters/rioters can do anything they want if its an official event?
View Quote

What the fuck.

How did we get commies elected here??
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

pretty much. The city council has a special session last week that was streamed live and is somewhere on there FB page, i can't locate it right now. The city manager admitted that all protests, ones with a permit and ones without, are to be treated as city sponsored. The police are to stage outside of the protest areas(how can they do this is non permit protests can pop up anywhere at any time)in case they are needed but, blocking roads and surrounding cars will not be addressed. You will be told to slowly get through the crowd the best you can if you call 911.

Keep in mind, this is not the police making this decision. This is the chief of police's boss, the city manager, telling the chief to do this.
If you want to lodge a complaint, it is best done contacting city hall and the members of the city council.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What the fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck.

simple, commies voted them in.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck.

Yep.  You get what you vote for
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

If only it were that simple.  I'm a man without representation.  Everything I vowed to defend has been turned against me.   Voting isn't helping regardless of outcome.  Change your plan.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If only it were that simple.  I'm a man without representation.  Everything I vowed to defend has been turned against me.   Voting isn't helping regardless of outcome.  Change your plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The People" voted.  The problem is with the people voting.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Voting will be ineffective until the information space is re-won.

*information space = schools (kindergarten thru PhD) and media (tv, movies, MSM)
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

*information space = schools (kindergarten thru PhD) and media (tv, movies, MSM)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is generations from now and will be too late to change the path we're on.  Older generations sat on their asses while this invasion happened.  Now folks of my generation are left to fight the fight that's coming
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is generations from now and will be too late to change the path we're on.  Older generations sat on their asses while this invasion happened.  Now folks of my generation are left to fight the fight that's coming
View Quote

What if we all lived up to our oaths and drew the line in the sand for the ignorant to see?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That is generations from now and will be too late to change the path...
View Quote

That is basically my point. ??
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I’m not a Fredericksburg resident, but is anyone there expressing any dissatisfaction with the current city government? Seems like this is your moment Fredericksburg.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’m not a Fredericksburg resident, but is anyone there expressing any dissatisfaction with the current city government? Seems like this is your moment Fredericksburg.
View Quote

Tons of people are expressing it. I found a closed group on FB that is trying to get signatures to have the mayor recalled. I am not 100% sure of the details since i am not a member of that group I could not see the page beyond the mission statement. Also, there was a Back the Blue rally yesterday that ended at the police HQ. The mayor showed up, it shocked me she would have the balls to do so, and people were yelling stuff at here about resigning and that she needs to backing our officers to keep our city safe. I am not a resident of the city so my vote does not count.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tons of people are expressing it. I found a closed group on FB that is trying to get signatures to have the mayor recalled. I am not 100% sure of the details since i am not a member of that group I could not see the page beyond the mission statement. Also, there was a Back the Blue rally yesterday that ended at the police HQ. The mayor showed up, it shocked me she would have the balls to do so, and people were yelling stuff at here about resigning and that she needs to backing our officers to keep our city safe. I am not a resident of the city so my vote does not count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is one problem, most of us who live in the area and go into town even every day aren’t really city residents, so we can’t vote on city matters even though they affect us.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is one problem, most of us who live in the area and go into town even every day aren’t really city residents, so we can’t vote on city matters even though they affect us.
View Quote

Yup. I was down there yesterday to try to support some of the local businesses, especially the ones like Corky's that got vandalized during the protests. I thought we might run into the march but it stayed on the south side of where we were. I did see all the vehicles with flags driving to the park though.

Even my son is starting to ask why are we being targeted when we haven't even done anything. It's getting to the point where I'm just getting tired of feeling helpless to do anything and am tired of feeling like I need to defend my character to people who have no idea who I am. It was the biggest thing that pissed me off in January when we were portrayed as deplorables and ruffians. If you know who I am and hate me, I can accept that, you can't love everyone. But to instantly assume for one of an infinite reasons that I'm somehow dangerous or bad, I have no time for that. I've drilled into my son that regardless of his skin color, beliefs, or opinions, that he's an American and that's what matters. We should be celebrating American diversity, not the diversity of America: one looks at the differences of the whole and how it makes us stronger, the other focuses on how everyone is different and have no connection to each other.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, the people who live in the city will continue to vote D no matter what. Always have, always will.  I’m thankful to live on the north side of the river.  Stafford is still red, though I’m sure that will change in ten years or so.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I guess the mayor and city manager got tired of the emails and phone calls that were requesting there resignation and threat of being recalled. Law and order will be back in place starting Mon. July 6th.

As organized protests continue to raise awareness about key issues in our community, the City of Fredericksburg remains committed to putting safety first while advancing important conversations and ensuring that all members of our community are respected.
As the beloved center of the community, the City of Fredericksburg recognizes the role it plays in ensuring the downtown area provides a welcoming atmosphere for everyone. While the overwhelming majority of demonstrations to date have been well-organized, safe, orderly and peaceful, the City also recognizes that standard processes must be established to assist organizers in their efforts to keep their supporters and the surrounding community safe at all times. The City will continue to support permitted protest activity and will continue expedited reviews of event permit applications to ensure proactive planning measures are consistently managed for any and all events.

The City, starting at 12:01 a.m. Monday, July 6, 2020, will be enforcing traffic-safety laws Citywide after three weeks of altered traffic management during a time that allowed spontaneous demonstrations to occur. For the safety of all, police will inform all demonstrators who are protesting without an approved permit in the streets that they are violating traffic-safety laws and thus could be subject to a citation. Those who continue to protest in the street without an approved permit could be issued a traffic citation.

After much discussion, including dialogue with protesters over the past 10 days, City Manager Tim Baroody issued an amendment to a previously signed executive order. The City of Fredericksburg will continue to support peaceful, organized and permitted demonstrations – while continuing to implement necessary changes in the community that will start taking effect over the coming months.
“It is unfortunate that we are being relegated to request access to exercise our First Amendment rights, but we understand the City’s intentions behind their decision,” The Melanin Cooperative stated. The Cooperative is focused on “combatting racial inequality based in Fredericksburg,” according to its Twitter page.

“We will continue to work with City officials to bring positive change to our community and reach the goals that we have outlined,” Melanin’s statement continued. “We will continue to protest peacefully in hopes we can build a stronger, more-inclusive community for future generations, and it is our hope through these peaceful activities we can dispel rumors surrounding our actions.”
Those seeking to coordinate an expression-of-speech event within the City of Fredericksburg should apply in advance at EventPermit.Fxbg.com. For more information about event permits, please call Fredericksburg’s Parks, Recreation and Events Department at 540-372-1086 or email [email protected].

https://www.fredericksburgva.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=1013
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I guess the mayor and city manager got tired of the emails and phone calls that were requesting there resignation and threat of being recalled. Law and order will be back in place starting Mon. July 6th.

As organized protests continue to raise awareness about key issues in our community, the City of Fredericksburg remains committed to putting safety first while advancing important conversations and ensuring that all members of our community are respected.
As the beloved center of the community, the City of Fredericksburg recognizes the role it plays in ensuring the downtown area provides a welcoming atmosphere for everyone. While the overwhelming majority of demonstrations to date have been well-organized, safe, orderly and peaceful, the City also recognizes that standard processes must be established to assist organizers in their efforts to keep their supporters and the surrounding community safe at all times. The City will continue to support permitted protest activity and will continue expedited reviews of event permit applications to ensure proactive planning measures are consistently managed for any and all events.

The City, starting at 12:01 a.m. Monday, July 6, 2020, will be enforcing traffic-safety laws Citywide after three weeks of altered traffic management during a time that allowed spontaneous demonstrations to occur. For the safety of all, police will inform all demonstrators who are protesting without an approved permit in the streets that they are violating traffic-safety laws and thus could be subject to a citation. Those who continue to protest in the street without an approved permit could be issued a traffic citation.

After much discussion, including dialogue with protesters over the past 10 days, City Manager Tim Baroody issued an amendment to a previously signed executive order. The City of Fredericksburg will continue to support peaceful, organized and permitted demonstrations – while continuing to implement necessary changes in the community that will start taking effect over the coming months.
“It is unfortunate that we are being relegated to request access to exercise our First Amendment rights, but we understand the City’s intentions behind their decision,” The Melanin Cooperative stated. The Cooperative is focused on “combatting racial inequality based in Fredericksburg,” according to its Twitter page.

“We will continue to work with City officials to bring positive change to our community and reach the goals that we have outlined,” Melanin’s statement continued. “We will continue to protest peacefully in hopes we can build a stronger, more-inclusive community for future generations, and it is our hope through these peaceful activities we can dispel rumors surrounding our actions.”
Those seeking to coordinate an expression-of-speech event within the City of Fredericksburg should apply in advance at EventPermit.Fxbg.com. For more information about event permits, please call Fredericksburg’s Parks, Recreation and Events Department at 540-372-1086 or email [email protected].

View Quote

Fucking morons.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Fucking morons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking morons.

The mayor and city council should have let the police enforce permits and crowds in roads from the beginning, they really tied the hands of the police. There have been multiple episodes of people driving downtown and there cars were surrounded and pounded on, i have seen the video's on FB. One person had a cup of liquid, not sure what it was, thrown on his windshield as he drove by. Downtown has suffered because no one wants to go there due to those issues. There is currently people trying to get enough signatures to have the mayor recalled.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 3:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The mayor and city council should have let the police enforce permits and crowds in roads from the beginning, they really tied the hands of the police. There have been multiple episodes of people driving downtown and there cars were surrounded and pounded on, i have seen the video's on FB. One person had a cup of liquid, not sure what it was, thrown on his windshield as he drove by. Downtown has suffered because no one wants to go there due to those issues. There is currently people trying to get enough signatures to have the mayor recalled.
View Quote

She will just get replaced with someone worse.  Nothing will change.  I will continue to avoid the city as much as possible.  Stafford Sheriif’s office has done a good job so far with the “peaceful” rioters.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She will just get replaced with someone worse.  Nothing will change.  I will continue to avoid the city as much as possible.  Stafford Sheriif’s office has done a good job so far with the “peaceful” rioters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a lot easier for Stafford. Fredericksburg's police chief answers to the city manager who told the police to stand down, the Sheriff of Stafford answers to the public so he can decide how to handle things on his own. Had the city council,mayor and city manager not gotten involved to begin with, I think Fredericksburg would have been ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top