Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2023 9:29:32 AM EDT
Four anti-gun bills are likely getting a committee vote today (4/26) in the PA House. Please contact your reps and ask them to oppose PA House Bills 338, 714, 731, and 1018!

GOA-PA https://www.gunowners.org/pa04252023/

NRA https://www.nraila.org/articles/20230425/pennsylvania-newly-minted-house-majority-prioritizes-gun-control
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Call your reps, but I'm pretty sure we're going to get fucked.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck. I just left nj because I was tired of this bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 1:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wcsv] [#3]
Sounds like they passed the committee on party lines.

Eta: that was pretty much expected. We have to stop these in the PA Senate. The house vote might be tricky for the Dems as well with a 1 seat majority, so keep the heat on your reps.

Eta2: dems worked the rules this session so a 1 seat majority in the House gives them a +3 seat majority on the committees, so basically everything the Dems want will pass committee.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
yup passed
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the Dems mentioned in an interview that they are looking to vote on these in the full House possibly as early as next week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
This is really upsetting, I was hoping to have escaped this kind of bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
View Quote

Sorry you had to step in to this haha. We're not beaten yet though. Even these 4 bills are going to be a hard slog for the Dems and are pretty likely to die in the Senate.

If the unthinkable happens and something gets passed, we have some very good legal groups in PA to challenge it. Something like an awb will be even harder for them to get moving.

The big thing for us going forward is going to be winning state elections. We have to figure this out and take the house back.

That's not to say we dont need to worry or be involved.
Some grassroots stuff is organized over at pafoa: https://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10

GOA Pennsylvania does some good work: https://pennsylvania.gunowners.org

FOAC does good work as well: https://foac-illea.org/

At the very least get on the mailing list for those two orgs.

There is also a 2A rally being planned for June 12th on the Capitol Steps, so if you can take off work that's a good thing to attend. I'll post more info when I have it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck PA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

You chose poorly …

Any state that’s voted d across the board for gov,  lt gov, and learch what you expect..
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I intend on being at the Rally on the 12th.

OP is right, it is important that we maintain majority in the Senate but work hard to regain the house. Though we may never advance the cause of things like Constitutional Carry, we can at least stop anything they want to push to take away rights. Get involved! GOA PA is where I would put my effort in these days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
agreed
but the free shit army wont stop voting for these communists.

Originally Posted By JustinU235:
I intend on being at the Rally on the 12th.

OP is right, it is important that we maintain majority in the Senate but work hard to regain the house. Though we may never advance the cause of things like Constitutional Carry, we can at least stop anything they want to push to take away rights. Get involved! GOA PA is where I would put my effort in these days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#12]
down South is where its at. the South should of won the War. PA is going to shit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Second consideration in the House tomorrow (5/3)

Contact your rep!

https://www.gunowners.org/pa05022023/
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Have contacted my reps and I am going to be in Harrisburg on June 12th. Hope we get a good turnout.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Likely vote for final passage in the House on Monday 5/22!
https://www.gunowners.org/pa05192023/

I think FOAC is getting a group together to go in person on Monday morning if anyone can go. Otherwise make sure to email/call your reps even if they are solidly on one side or the other.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like UBCs and RFLs passed the house today with some republican support. The Senate MUST hold the line.

Mandatory reporting lost/stolen failed to pass.

Mandatory "safe storage" was not voted on today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#17]
The safe storage bill is by far the worst of all these. It criminalizes leaving your carry gun in your vehicle or on a nightstand or drawer next to your bed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wcsv] [#18]
Originally Posted By mak0:
The safe storage bill is by far the worst of all these. It criminalizes leaving your carry gun in your vehicle or on a nightstand or drawer next to your bed.
View Quote

Agreed it's a bad one. UBCs and RFLs are really bad too though.

The Dems are likely going to bring immense pressure on Republican Senators to pass these. I don't know how far they will go, but protests in the capitol would not be surprising to me.
Everyone should make sure to keep contacting your PA Senator. Even if you know they are solidly 2A, let them know you appreciate them standing up to this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#19]
RINO's  who voted for HB 714, Universal Background Checks, the PA House. PA State Rep. Rob MercuriPA State Rep. Valerie Gaydos PA State Rep. Sheryl DelozierPA State Rep. Joe HoganPA State Rep. Kristin MarcellPA State Rep. Natalie MihalekPA State Rep. Kathleen "KC" Tomlinson
Sheryl Delozier (R-88)
Valerie Gaydos (R-44)
Joe Hogan (R-142)
Kristin Marcell (R-178)
Rob Mercuri (R-28)
Natalie Mihalek (R-40)
K.C. Tomlinson (R-18)
Martina White (R-170)
Craig Williams (R-160)
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#20]
None of this should get through the Senate, but nothing surprises me these days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#21]
It's in Senate committee. Wake up and call your reps.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By kab85:
It's in Senate committee. Wake up and call your reps.
View Quote

Emailed and called this morning.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By shindawia6:
RINO's  who voted for HB 714, Universal Background Checks, the PA House. PA State Rep. Rob MercuriPA State Rep. Valerie Gaydos PA State Rep. Sheryl DelozierPA State Rep. Joe HoganPA State Rep. Kristin MarcellPA State Rep. Natalie MihalekPA State Rep. Kathleen "KC" Tomlinson
Sheryl Delozier (R-88)
Valerie Gaydos (R-44)
Joe Hogan (R-142)
Kristin Marcell (R-178)
Rob Mercuri (R-28)
Natalie Mihalek (R-40)
K.C. Tomlinson (R-18)
Martina White (R-170)
Craig Williams (R-160)
View Quote

what in the flying fuck....
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Look up the details of HB 714 for yourself, it appears to be wayyyyyy different than what came out initially and does not sound like UBC anymore.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By rgaper:
Look up the details of HB 714 for yourself, it appears to be wayyyyyy different than what came out initially and does not sound like UBC anymore.
View Quote

It doesn't matter,  it's still bad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Not sure if I'm reading the correct and latest version, but it seems like its basically been toned down to have the PA state police report the attempt of an illegal alien to buy a pistol to ICE.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Not sure if I'm reading the correct and latest version, but it seems like its basically been toned down to have the PA state police report the attempt of an illegal alien to buy a pistol to ICE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

I'll admit, I didn't actually read it. So if that's what it now says then maybe it's not so bad. I'm still against any gun control legislation though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
read carefully I'm almost certain HB 714 is actually UBCs.

Right at the beginning of HB714 it says "Section 6111(f)(2) of Title 18 of the
Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is repealed:"

I'm pretty sure that's the part of PA law that excludes long guns from background checks.

So this does appear to extend the already existing UBCs on handguns to all guns.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.061.011.000..HTM
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wcsv:
read carefully I'm almost certain HB 714 is actually UBCs.

Right at the beginning of HB714 it says "Section 6111(f)(2) of Title 18 of the
Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is repealed:"

I'm pretty sure that's the part of PA law that excludes long guns from background checks.

So this does appear to extend the already existing UBCs on handguns to all guns.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.061.011.000..HTM
View Quote

Ahhhh...  I read again and I think you are right.  I didn't chase the breadcrumbs in the beginning.

My State Senator is a rabid lunatic, so short of wishing a farmhouse falling on her, I've got nothing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cviss:

You chose poorly …

Any state that’s voted d across the board for gov,  lt gov, and learch what you expect..
View Quote

Give them a break already, there is no way the PA elections were fair.  As an example, I'll just mention Fetterman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top