Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2021 5:03:03 PM EDT
https://www.fouledbore.com/

Since my favorite range (Triple C) south of DFW closed down I've been looking for a new place to shoot long range, and this one is the closest option since I moved close to the OK border.

Anybody have experiences, positive or negative? Is the range in good shape? Any amenities like bathrooms? Website doesn't have a lot of detail.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've sure been thinkin about it. I called em a while back, very good answers to my questions. Give em a shout!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Have always heard good things but I've no personal experience.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Since my favorite range (Triple C) south of DFW closed down I've been looking for a new place to shoot long range, and this one is the closest option since I moved close to the OK border.

Anybody have experiences, positive or negative? Is the range in good shape? Any amenities like bathrooms? Website doesn't have a lot of detail.
View Quote

I've been there a dozenish times, it's always been good. Certainly worth trying out at least once in my book. The facebook page for the range has better/up to date info. The contact number is listed there; Justin is a really good dude and will answer your questions if you give him a call.

There is a porta john on site. The range is in very good shape; the grass is kept at a reasonable length and the steel is well painted more often than not. There is a board at 100 yards for paper targets and steel starts at 300yards - 50yd increments from 300-900. There are two covered shooting platforms, one with a couple benches and stools. There are nice dirt areas around and behind the targets so splash is pretty easy to spot.

Unless someone is manning the little office hut (not always), leave your payment in the metal payment box outside the hut porch.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Jonny-:

I've been there a dozenish times, it's always been good. Certainly worth trying out at least once in my book. The facebook page for the range has better/up to date info. The contact number is listed there; Justin is a really good dude and will answer your questions if you give him a call.

There is a porta john on site. The range is in very good shape; the grass is kept at a reasonable length and the steel is well painted more often than not. There is a board at 100 yards for paper targets and steel starts at 300yards - 50yd increments from 300-900. There are two covered shooting platforms, one with a couple benches and stools. There are nice dirt areas around and behind the targets so splash is pretty easy to spot.

Unless someone is manning the little office hut (not always), leave your payment in the metal payment box outside the hut porch.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Jonny-:
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info! A buddy and I will be making a trip up there after my next trip overseas. Sounds like exactly what I've been looking for.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
How are his courses?  Id like to try the LR rifle one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cole2534:
View Quote

I can't speak to any of the courses, I haven't taken any.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:05:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gmar405] [#7]
Originally Posted By Cole2534:
View Quote

I haven’t had the opportunity to take one of his courses but I’ve heard he’s an excellent teacher and he definitely knows his stuff.  He’s an ex-Ranger Sniper and shoots PRS professionally.  I think you’ll be in good hands!

Here are some of the results from his past matches:

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/s/2836/justin-watts/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top