Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2020 5:07:24 PM EDT
I usually don't post in HTF's other than my own, but I am compelled to share my experience at having a breakdown traveling from New Orleans back home (Whitefish, MT).

Back story;

I am an Army Reservist mobilized since mid-March for the Covid-19 response. I know at this point you may be asking what is Covid?

We had our conference call and the Theater Sustainment Command is under a partial mobilization. Forty out of our 120 man logistics operations shop plus the CG & DCG activated. One ESC activated in full, one on PTDO, two Sustainment brigades activated and five CSSB's and a Medical Management Logistics Center. The logistics unit activations in the next week are expected to equal or exceed the size of the Afghanistan "surge".

Chief of Staff highly encourages all of us to travel by POV due to possible flight "difficulties" and cost of long term (90 - 120 day) rental cars. No problem, I was going to drive no matter what the directive was and rely on the light saber to minimize the ass chewing  Do what your rank can handle.

I'm driving for obvious reasons that I shouldn't have to explain here.

So now that we have moved passed a global pandemic and have moved on to a low grade domestic insurrection, my preps seem quite prescient.

We got released from Covid-19 duties Thursday as all of what our unit tracks, supports & reports is home, it's time for me to go and also time for my truck to have problems, which brings me to Fort Smith AR.

Truck started running a bit hot yesterday a couple hours after I left NOLA, then after a while getting hotter. I had to run the heater full blast to keep the coolant temps in nominal range. By the time I got to the hotel and got out of the truck, I looked like someone hosed me down.  

So, the only garage open here on a Saturday, is a straight up chop shop looking place right in the barrio. Got it there right at opening and arrangements made and awaiting him to call me back with the damage. When I walked out through the waiting room, two old white guys who overheard my story mentioned that I brought it to the best place in Fort Smith.

The young man who dropped me off at the hotel in the boss' tuned lowrider was a nice kid had had all the good Mexican restaurant recommendations.  

Life is rarely boring.

So now that you've reached the bottom line of a TL;DR, I can HIGHLY recommend Gonzales Auto & Body and Martin Gonzalez with my highest recommendation. They took care of me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
glad you got taken care of.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
glad you got taken care of.
View Quote

Same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top