Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2021 11:51:27 PM EST
No, im not moving, but going there over the weekend to see the girlfriends family. Is Highland Park a good area? Also wanting to take my AR pistol for the trip. I didn't see anything in the ILHTF saying it was illegal, but want to make sure. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:29:22 AM EST
[#1]
There's an AWB and high cap mag ban in Cook County plus a bunch of other local muni's up there......I believe Highland Park is one of them.  The safe passage law won't protect you since that's your final destination.

Nothing wrong with it in IL, just that particular city & county.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:53:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: JJKrzos] [#2]
Hi,

Highland Park is a good area, but laws suck.  Don't carry, Illinois doesn't recognize Missouri(Constitutional Carry).  Keep everything unloaded and out of sight.  Any long guns being taken, have the zipper completely closed.  Follow the speed laws and you should be fine.  State Troopers are ok, don't know about Highland LEO's.  I have found out that if you treat the LEO's with respect and patience, they will respond to that.  If you respond with arrigance and stupidity, you get a different responce.  So, be good and you can get thru your visit behind the curtain.  BTW Giodiano's has very good pizza, Portillo's has very good beef sandwiches and Hot Dogs, and Stay away from Chicago, completely!

JJKrzos

I live there all my life, until I retired in 2018, then I got lucky and moved to SW Missouri.  Best move, yet
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:25:32 PM EST
[#3]
Former sales guy.  Traveled southern Illinois.  Shot some at local trap clubs.  Kept a handgun for my hotel room. Firearms required to be cased and in the trunk. Don't give smokey a reason pull you over and everything will be good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:11:00 PM EST
[#4]
Unless they have changed the laws.......if you have an in-state permit (MO resident with MO permit), you can have a loaded gun concealed in your vehicle.  This became effective when CCW was finally enacted.  You just can't carry outside your car unless you're doing the unloaded "fanny pack" method.  As far as I know there are only a 2-3 states that can get a non-resident IL permit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:28:46 PM EST
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJKrzos:
Hi,

Highland Park is a good area, but laws suck.  Don't carry, Illinois doesn't recognize Missouri(Constitutional Carry).  Keep everything unloaded and out of sight.  Any long guns being taken, have the zipper completely closed.  Follow the speed laws and you should be fine.  State Troopers are ok, don't know about Highland LEO's.  I have found out that if you treat the LEO's with respect and patience, they will respond to that.  If you respond with arrigance and stupidity, you get a different responce.  So, be good and you can get thru your visit behind the curtain.  BTW Giodiano's has very good pizza, Portillo's has very good beef sandwiches and Hot Dogs, and Stay away from Chicago, completely!

JJKrzos

I live there all my life, until I retired in 2018, then I got lucky and moved to SW Missouri.  Best move, yet
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Guess I won't be taking the AR after all.

My girlfriend has already said she wants to go to Portillos and Giodianos.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:43:12 PM EST
[#6]
Hope your trip went well.   I was late seeing this.  

Is highland park safe?   Think the number one crime committed there is tax evasion.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:07:43 PM EST
[#7]
Originally Posted By paul1911:
Hope your trip went well.   I was late seeing this.  

Is highland park safe?   Think the number one crime committed there is tax evasion.
View Quote

It actually wasn't half bad. My truck stuck out there Bigly. The trip was great until I hit a deer in Iowa Saturday night coming home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:14:57 PM EST
[#8]
Hitting  a deer sucks.  

A bet your truck stuck out.  

Approved HP vehicles are MB, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and Cadillac.

Oh and you can live next to MJ, he cant sell his mansion.    

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/03/michael-jordan-cant-sell-mansion-highland-park-illinois-chicago-bulls-nba
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:03:14 PM EST
[#9]
Originally Posted By paul1911:
Hitting  a deer sucks.  

A bet your truck stuck out.  

Approved HP vehicles are MB, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and Cadillac.

Oh and you can live next to MJ, he cant sell his mansion.    

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/03/michael-jordan-cant-sell-mansion-highland-park-illinois-chicago-bulls-nba
View Quote

I didn't see many Cadillacs. Range Rovers, BMW, Tesla. We drove by the Neighborhood that mansion is in along with the Cameron's house from Ferris Buller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top