Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2021 11:52:01 AM EDT
I’ve used Quentin Defense for my last 3 form 1’s but last time I stopped in with my MP5’s to engrave they said they aren’t engraving anymore.  This was probably 2 months ago.

I emailed them yesterday to see if they are again engraving but haven’t gotten a response and they don’t answer their phones (it’s absolutely insane that a company can refuse to respond to potential customers and still stay in business.)  I wasn’t sure if they couldn’t engrave steel or they just don’t engrave anymore at all.

I paid $35 for each of those receivers on aluminum, which seemed fair.

Now, I can’t seem to find anyone to engrave my 2 MP5’s (I’d like them done in the rail inset) and 3 Form 1 tubes for under $50/each, that seems like way too much.

Does anyone have someone they know and trust to do good work for a reasonable price?  Seems like someone would be willing to give a discount given I’ve got 5 items and they’re all the same text….

Suggestions?  Preferably in the Mesa area or east valley.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’ve used Quentin Defense for my last 3 form 1’s but last time I stopped in with my MP5’s to engrave they said they aren’t engraving anymore.  This was probably 2 months ago.

I emailed them yesterday to see if they are again engraving but haven’t gotten a response and they don’t answer their phones (it’s absolutely insane that a company can refuse to respond to potential customers and still stay in business.)  I wasn’t sure if they couldn’t engrave steel or they just don’t engrave anymore at all.

Now, I can’t seem to find anyone to engrave my 2 MP5’s (I’d like them done in the rail inset) and 3 Form 1 tubes for under $50/each, that seems like way too much.

Does anyone have someone they know and trust to do good work for a reasonable price?  Seems like someone would be willing to give a discount given I’ve got 5 items and they’re all the same text….

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

So, no offense intended. But I see at least 2 different fixturing sets there...that is assuming all 3 of the tubes are the same diameter and length. the labor to create the graphic and program, setup the fixturing and swap parts, plus the cost of the machine. I charged $50 and would do a small discount for repeated items if the fixturing and the mark did not change....

that being said, sorry, I am north valley.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr Silencer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Recently got a Form1 tube done at Tempe Trophy, and they did a great job.

Sounds like they would prefer for you to schedule an appt so they can do it while you wait.

I'll be going back for future work, for what its worth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mr Silencer.
View Quote

I’ve used them a few times too, and I’ve been happy with the results.

-John
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
No offense taken….I understand there’s costs involved.  I was just surprised that there was such a big jump from $35 to $50.  It just adds up quickly.

I’ve called Mr. Silencer and he offered a group discount that lowered the price to a bit more reasonable.  I’ll probably go with them.

How much did Tempe Trophy charge you if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks for the info guys…
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Ilove2shoot - why does tube diameter matter on a laser printer?  Genuinely curious.  As Quentin Defense didn’t do anything different on my tube (done on the lengthwise OD not “in a circle”.

Do you have to calculate for the minute change in distance from the laser to the material?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ilove2shoot - why does tube diameter matter on a laser printer?  Genuinely curious.  As Quentin Defense didn’t do anything different on my tube (done on the lengthwise OD not “in a circle”.

Do you have to calculate for the minute change in distance from the laser to the material?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Depending on the size and how many lines, yes. I also used to do stuff for 07s and that would have more then 2 lines. Form 1, two lines, most people usually like it small, makes it easier. but there are a few that like their engraving big and bold. Then most fun was when people wanted the engraving on the inside lip of the magwell.

Quoted:
Recently got a Form1 tube done at Tempe Trophy, and they did a great job.

Sounds like they would prefer for you to schedule an appt so they can do it while you wait.

I'll be going back for future work, for what its worth.

A Lot of trophy shops do not have a FFL, so you can not leave the firearm there, hence the appointment. I would set appointments to save paperwork. if it goes back out same day it comes in, no logging it in or out of the FFL book.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I had the same PAST experience there with quick easy $35 engravings but wish I would have talked to the same guy who said no or was ignored at Quentin on Monday. He took my Scorpion in for an engraving and melted blobs into it. Nothing other than my money back, no apology, no trying to make it right, nothing. Just here’s your cash and literally walked away like Xiden after a press conference. I would NEVER recommend anyone do business with the new owners.

That rant over 2A Tactical in Gilbert did an awesome job and it was $50 but that seems to be the standard now. He knows his stuff and it came out perfect.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always used Wright Armory in Mesa for all my NFA engraving needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top