Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2023 5:23:19 PM EDT
I just had a F1 for the pistol brace amnesty approved today. I know some people were wondering if they'd approve them or not and I hadn't heard of anyone getting one approved yet. I already have a couple SBR's, so I figured it was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a guy submitted a couple batches totaling around 30-40 on GD a while back. I think all of his where approved.

He didn't get an actual stamp. I also think  its for a brace and not able to put a stock on it since they are not calling it a SBR

Did you get an actual SBR stamp?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I know they've been approving the free pistol brace ones for a while now. I posted this because I haven't seen anyone else from Illinois say they've gotten one approved. Many were wondering if the feds would approve any more form 1's for people living in illinois because of the recent AWB that was past in the state..........apparently they still are approving illinois form 1's. Also you can put whatever kind of device on it you wish once it's approved, that includes the free form one as well. They specifically said once you register your braced pistol, you can put a stock on it. The only difference between a regular form one and free one is : 1) you don't get a tax stamp, just an approval letter 2) you don't have to engrave the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, you dont have to engrave?  I need to get my C&R!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just had a F1 for the pistol brace amnesty approved today. I know some people were wondering if they'd approve them or not and I hadn't heard of anyone getting one approved yet. I already have a couple SBR's, so I figured it was worth a shot.
View Quote
Did you apply before or after Jan 10th?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you apply before or after Jan 10th?
View Quote

After, I applied 1-14-23. I was hoping they'd approve it since I bought it long before the AWB. I just read over in the armory that another guy from Illinois had several approved post AWB too. So some good news I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait, you dont have to engrave?  I need to get my C&R!
View Quote

Correct, that was the worst part of having SBR's IMO...........it's just for the amnesty pistol brace one though. Regular paid F1's are business as usual.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Do we need a C&R for a pistol brace in Illinois?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2) you don't have to engrave the receiver.
View Quote

This is the only reason that I wasn’t doing it. Might have to look into it again now
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do we need a C&R for a pistol brace in Illinois?
View Quote

I think you need a C&R for an SBR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top