Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2021 3:16:45 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Edmond Police Chief will sign a Form 1 for an SBR???
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a notification, you don't have to have their permission for anything.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a notification, you don't have to have their permission for anything.
View Quote

This is correct. Form 1's and 4's do not require a signoff anymore. You simply send the 3rd copy in to notify the CLEO.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been a while since I've done a Form 1...  So, I complete the form and send it with a check to the NFA Branch, then once completed I do what with the CLEO?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's been a while since I've done a Form 1...  So, I complete the form and send it with a check to the NFA Branch, then once completed I do what with the CLEO?
View Quote

The Form 1 is done in triplicate. 2 go to the NFA Branch, 1 goes to the CLEO to notify them. You can electronically file a Form 1 at the atf website, it is much faster as far as wait times. I filed an eForm1 for an SBR as an individual (not trust) last year. I submitted on 09/15/2020 and was approved on 10/09/2020 (24 days).
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Form 1 is done in triplicate. 2 go to the NFA Branch, 1 goes to the CLEO to notify them. You can electronically file a Form 1 at the atf website, it is much faster as far as wait times. I filed an eForm1 for an SBR as an individual (not trust) last year. I submitted on 09/15/2020 and was approved on 10/09/2020 (24 days).
View Quote

Can you describe how you supplied the fingerprints?
I would really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can you describe how you supplied the fingerprints?
I would really appreciate it.
View Quote

When you file an eForm1 and hit the submit button, ATF will email you a cover letter. You put the cover letter in an envelope along with your 2 fingerprint cards and mail them in within 14 days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Been awhile since I have done form1 wanting to build a suppressor soon and will probably be going the exile route.  I don’t remember having to notify the county Leo when I filed for my SBR under my trust.  This was before you had to do fingerprints and passport pictures for trusts.  Was the notification changed when they started requiring fingerprints and everything for trusts also?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Been awhile since I have done form1 wanting to build a suppressor soon and will probably be going the exile route.  I don’t remember having to notify the county Leo when I filed for my SBR under my trust.  This was before you had to do fingerprints and passport pictures for trusts.  Was the notification changed when they started requiring fingerprints and everything for trusts also?
View Quote

Yes. That is when it changed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Good to know, I didn’t remember having to have anyone sign off or notify anyone when I filed under my trust on the old rules.  I was planning on filing through silencershop but they discontinued their form1 service.  I will probably go ahead and order fingerprint card from them though since they are already on file and it will be easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top