Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2022 6:27:33 PM EDT
I'm hearing rumblings that Coco is closing this week. Anyone know if others are following suit?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Im guessing yes..

SOP is

Stage 1 or 2 until the first BIG forest fire.

Then
Attachment Attached File

Wait until the first big Monsoon storm or two in each forest region, then open it back up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Every dirt bike page I follow on Facebook is saying the closure is immanent, and coming this weekend. I actually can't believe they didn't go full closure after the dipshit lit his toilet paper on fire last weekend. At least there's rain in the forecast!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Apache-Sitgreaves is the only forest I looked up that doesn't have all areas marked as extreme fire danger. I've heard it's very likely that Coconino will be closed in a couple of days, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tonto and Prescott followed suit. The rain can't come soon enough.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apache-Sitgreaves is the only forest I looked up that doesn't have all areas marked as extreme fire danger. I've heard it's very likely that Coconino will be closed in a couple of days, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tonto and Prescott followed suit. The rain can't come soon enough.
View Quote

I was camping up in Apache-Sitgreaves the week before Memorial Day weekend.  At the time it was only a Stage One.  But, it was really dry.  Much dryer than the same time frame the year before.

Hopefully, we do start getting rain this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was camping up in Apache-Sitgreaves the week before Memorial Day weekend.  At the time it was only a Stage One.  But, it was really dry.  Much dryer than the same time frame the year before.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be up there this weekend, over by Greer. Supposed to rain a little bit every day this weekend. I'm not complaining, actually looking forward to it!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was up in Forest Lakes that same week, and I agree, it was so dry. I can't wait for that rain!

It's official. SOME closures in Coconino and Kaibab.
https://ein.az.gov/emergency-information/emergency-bulletin/areas-coconino-and-kaibab-national-forests-close-weekend
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda wish it was more tbh. As usual I've seen too many morons having fires under fire restrictions this year.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's drier than a popcorn fart up here.  Been hearing they are hiring all kinds of positions for fire fighting.  Heck, I will get off my retired ass and volunteer to drive a truck to save the woods.  I'll haul whatever needed.  As long as I can bring my dawgs with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top