Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2018 11:42:39 AM EDT
My sister-in-law is currently moving to SC.  She, and her cuckold husband, are prime examples of liberal Yankees.  She worships Obama, despises Trump (and all Republicans), hates guns, and has no problem lashing out at anyone that disagrees with anything a Democrat says.  When asked why they are moving, she cites the high costs, high taxes, and over regulation that are making it impossible for them to retire here in CT.  If you try and point out that this is all because of the Democrats (who have controlled this state for over 3 decades), she will viciously and mindlessly attack you, and defend the Democrats and their policies to her last breath.

Because just saying good morning to her can bring on an attack, I seldom speak with her, and have no idea which town in SC will be the lucky recipients of her blessed presence.  I do know they have bought a house, and have started taking trips down to move stuff in.

I have always believed that there are reasons for stereotypes.  While not always universally true, they can sometimes be spot on.  I occasionally visit the other HTFs here on the site, just to see what is happening.  I often see people in the more conservative states (what is left of them), complaining about people moving in from liberal states and "infecting" them.   Liberals try to colonize and "civilize" everywhere they go, never stopping to think about the reasons they left where they just came from in the first place.  My SIL and her husband are "Those People".

It is my sincere hope, that the people of SC give these two the "warm welcome" that they deserve!

Once again, I deeply apologize that these people are being inflicted on you.  Not everyone in the NE is like this, but we are overpowered by the liberal masses in the cities.  If I were to move to your great state, I would not try and change a thing.  I would enjoy SC for SC, and not try to change it into the smoldering ruin I just left.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your gain is our loss!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your gain is our loss!
View Quote
There are no winners here.  Unfortunately, there are legions of progressives here, and she won’t be missed!  Her presence will just polllute SC!

It is tragic really.  The CT I grew up in was a great, middle of the road state.  Everyone did well here.  But, slowly the affluence breed a welfare state mentality, and started the rapid decline to where we are today.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It is my sincere hope, that the people of SC give these two the "warm welcome" that they deserve!
View Quote
Well, "bless her heart."

May SC be a speed bump on her way to South Florida.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
We can hope she moves to a city or county where the blue laws drive her up the wall.  Wait til she goes to Walmart and gets told,  "You can't buy that here today.  It's Sunday.  You can go down the road to the gas station, it's in the next county you can buy beer there on Sunday." or, "Sorry, Ma'am, you have to wait until after 1:30 to buy that, it's Sunday."  Just calling her "Ma'am" or "Miss" might set her off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I worked in CT one year, on the coast, very pleasant. CT driving skills aren't comparable to SC - most folks here are NASCAR wannabes
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
These are the types of dipshits moving to Charleston.  Just like my jackass neighbors from Long Island.  Nice people, but holy crap, they are libtards to the nth degree.  Similar situation - complained about the high taxes, etc. etc of NY, then in the very next sentence, complain that "well, up north, we did this and that".

Then why the crap are you here?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh joy, more damn Yankees.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Charleston is getting pretty expensive so hopefully she goes somewhere else
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ive been called worse....

I moved from WNY to the upstate 2 1/2 years ago... I am a pro constitution, conservative , Flag loving American...  and as a bonus I love how things in SC are, and I vote accordingly.  I had only a few pro 2nd conservative friends in NY, so when the rest ask me about moving here I say " SC is FULL!, try NC or Fla."    I may be a damn yank as my southern friends call me... but I ain't no carpetbagger!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Charleston is getting pretty expensive so hopefully she goes somewhere else
View Quote
That’s the truth, unfortunately it is only pushing them out to the Charleston suburbs of Goose Creek, Summerville and Moncks Corner. It’s turning us purple.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s the truth, unfortunately it is only pushing them out to the Charleston suburbs of Goose Creek, Summerville and Moncks Corner. It’s turning us purple.
View Quote
We shopped that Charleston market hard for about 6 months before deciding it wasn't for us and chose Beaufort county. Getting more and more expensive and the traffic situation is ridiculous
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I moved from WNY to the upstate 2 1/2 years ago... I am a pro constitution, conservative , Flag loving American...  and as a bonus I love how things in SC are, and I vote accordingly.  I had only a few pro 2nd conservative friends in NY, so when the rest ask me about moving here I say " SC is FULL!, try NC or Fla."    I may be a damn yank as my southern friends call me... but I ain't no carpetbagger!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think most of us have any issue with that line of thinking, it's the stereotypical Yankee who comes down for the lower costs then proceeds to complain about everything and wants to change it to the hellhole they just left that most of us wish had never come.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully I’ll be able to head on down and even it out. Looking to make moves in 2019/2020. Getting the house ready and finishing up the MBA to make the job and house hunting easier!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Dear liberals who move here and then start complaining about the South:

1. Delta is Ready When You Are

OR...

2. YankeeLand: East on I-20 until you smell it, I-95 North until you step in it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top