Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2023 9:31:10 PM EDT
HB1240 banning "assault weapons" has sadly passed the legislature and is about to be signed by the governor. It will ban bringing most semiautomatic rifles into the State.

EXCEPT for rifles already here when the bill is signed. Those can be taken out of the State and brought back in by the same person. There is no requirement that this individual be a resident of WA.

So if in any way your guns happen to be inside WA when this bill is signed, and you do something to prove it (a photo with a newspaper?) you're grandfathered and will always be able to bring that gun in and out of WA.

Just FYI
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What if I bought today's news paper and took a picture of every new gun I buy because FJI and FBF?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What if I bought today's news paper and took a picture of every new gun I buy because FJI and FBF?
View Quote

They have an illegal gun registry so that won't work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top