Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 5:16:32 PM EDT
Drove 2 hours out to this range today - first time.

Trying for 100+yard groups with a KAC SR-15 CQB.

They wanted me to qualify at 50 yards first...fine.  Shot <1Moa 5 shot group and 50yard range officer signed off on it and told me to go to 100-250 yard range.

Got up to 100 yard range and was told that my rifle was too short to shoot there......

They dont mention that ANYwhere on the website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep...they don't let anything under 16" at the 250 yard range as well.    Even though you shoot through a claustrophobic tube with barriers above, below, and on the sides.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I wont be going back.  

The Wayne E Smith range out in Canton doesn't give a crap how short your barrel is...And its run by the state aswell.  

No idea how these places get their distinct rulesets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
It is not run by the state it is run by the county. Early on they had issues with the 250 yard range. They had bullets escaping the range that is why there is all that baffling etc... Many of their rules do not make sense. I knew the sheriff dept guy who used to run it and you could at least talk to him but the new manger has made it worse. Most of the good range officers have left. It is a nice facility but there are too many arbitrary rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top