Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 2:19:58 AM EDT
Looking for a place to take a client to lunch near the Cards stadium, good Mexican food would be great, no sushi, over burgers and looking for new ideas.  Needs to be a bit upscale but not over the top but good food.

TIA!

JDR

ETA: Burned out BJ's and Twin Peaks... sadly..,
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not upscale at all. But it is good Mexican food.

Nino's at 107th Ave and Grand. in the Fry's parking lot. Their son was a DPS officer, killed in the line of duty back in 89.

https://ninosmexicanrestaurant.com/locations

The only thing close to upscale and Mexican I can think of is Arriba Mexican grill.

North from the stadium at Bell in the Arrowhead mall area. It's at 79th, just North of Bell.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not upscale at all. But it is good Mexican food.

Nino's at 107th Ave and Grand. in the Fry's parking lot. Their son was a DPS officer, killed in the line of duty back in 89.

https://ninosmexicanrestaurant.com/locations

The only thing close to upscale and Mexican I can think of is Arriba Mexican grill.

North from the stadium at Bell in the Arrowhead mall area. It's at 79th, just North of Bell.

View Quote

Thank you sir, forgot about Nino's!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
75th Ave and Bell is Ajo Als, great food.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ajo Al's is great food. Never been to that location but have been to the one in Scottsdale and the one at 16th Street and Camelback a number of times. Great place!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Salt tacos y tequila at Westgate? If memory serves, it was decent. Went to a concert afterward.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Los Dos Molinos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like Manuel’s - it’s in Avondale McDowell and litchfield I believe.

There is always macayos too dysart and McDowell. I think they shut the location down at Thomas and 83rd area.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Los Dos Molinos.
View Quote

There's a Los Dos near the Cards stadium? Best chile relleno I've ever had was at the Baseline restaurant.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Look up Flemings at Norfhern west of the 101
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look up Flemings at Norfhern west of the 101
View Quote

He said "kind of" upscale, not $40 Cheeseburger upscale........last time I went to Flemings it was just me and wife, our bill was nearly $600.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
OP if you are willing to do the Westgate thing, the place on the ground floor called "Yardhouse" just off the rotunda is GREAT.  

I can personally recommend the Poke' nachos, the Swordfish Steak sammich (on toasted sourdough with a amazing sauce), and the Jambalaya.  

https://www.yardhouse.com/home
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He said "kind of" upscale, not $40 Cheeseburger upscale........last time I went to Flemings it was just me and wife, our bill was nearly $600.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Love Fleming's though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top