Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 10:25:50 PM EDT
hadn't been there in years, blew off work Saturday to go and man was I disappointed, I remembered it as one of the best shows around,
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to a small show in New Lisbon Saturday before last. I've gone to this show many times before and there was always something there that piqued my interest. Not this time,  sky high asking prices for firearms, ammunition and reloading supplies. Between COVID-19 and the anti 2A Biden administration, the days of gun shows are closing fast. I was talking to one local "kitchen table" FFL that is a regular at that show and he said he wouldn't be surprised if in the future, the BATFE banned FFL holders from conducted "off premise" sales. Meaning that firearms transactions would only be legal if conducted at the physical location listed on the license.
Gary
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been to it, but I seem to recall that show was always held in February. Did they move it back, or was this a different show?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to a small show in New Lisbon Saturday before last. I've gone to this show many times before and there was always something there that piqued my interest. Not this time,  sky high asking prices for firearms, ammunition and reloading supplies. Between COVID-19 and the anti 2A Biden administration, the days of gun shows are closing fast. I was talking to one local "kitchen table" FFL that is a regular at that show and he said he wouldn't be surprised if in the future, the BATFE banned FFL holders from conducted "off premise" sales. Meaning that firearms transactions would only be legal if conducted at the physical location listed on the license.
Gary
View Quote

The same can be said now for most gun shops, and even big box stores, like Fleet Farm & Cabelas...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never been to it, but I seem to recall that show was always held in February. Did they move it back, or was this a different show?
View Quote

Nope, never in February. 3 times a year - Jan, April and October.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... he said he wouldn't be surprised if in the future, the BATFE banned FFL holders from conducted "off premise" sales. Meaning that firearms transactions would only be legal if conducted at the physical location listed on the license.
Gary
View Quote

That's how it used to be.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The few worthwhile shows these days are the Indianapolis 1500, the fall Wannemacher in Tulsa, and SAR West in Phoenix.  

It's sad to see what's become of shows locally.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I figured it'd be decent being that it wasn't a bob and rocco thing, oh well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top