Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2020 6:57:47 PM EDT
Apologies if this has been asked / answered numerous times, but I'm a total newb here.

I'm passingly familiar with CA's draconian gun laws, and have read through the CA OAG website:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

I'm flying into LAX. While I work in a gun-friendly, 2A revering State, my office is in LA (Studio City / Burbank, actually), but this is the first time I've felt compelled to bring a gun along. I am aware that there is ZERO CCW reciprocity with CA, so carrying is out, but I rent an apartment there (as well as my own car) and according to the above "official" web page I am allowed (the mere thought of that word makes me gag) to TRANSPORT a firearm as long as it is UNLOADED and locked in a container.

My choice of firearm is on the "CA Approved" list (a Nighthawk GRP) and the mags are 8-rounders. I'd like to bring the GRP, 3-4 mags, and a 50-round box of 230g Speer GDs. I assume I should keep all mags and ammo in a SEPARATE locked container as well(?). So, I'll have one locked Pelican with the GRP/holster and a second locked pelican with 3-4 depopulated mags and a full box of Speer GDs.

So, I'll pack both Pelicans into a checked bag, retrieve at LAX, take shuttle to rental car, put checked bag into back / trunk of said rental, drive to apartment, bring checked back into my apartment where I can then remove GRP and ammo and put the GRP into whatever "Condition" I so choose -- and that complies with ALL Commiefornia 2A-hating, rights-infringing laws?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with that plan.  Just check the airlines rules as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with that plan.  Just check the airlines rules as well.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you need two locked containers, to fly or in the car.  Check the flight rules, though.  Bring or wear a mask so you can put it on in the luggage claim and wave the pistol around, showing us how a free citizen behaves.  It'll be good for a laugh.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top