Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2021 4:29:12 PM EDT
So I need something to do August 14th-16th Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and Monday morning.  As long as my flights go as planned!

I need recommendations for the Best -

Coffee shop
Craft brewery/bar
Pizza
Sandwich/Deli
Burger
Etc, etc
Anywhere else to eat that is excellent and cheap?
Wife would prefer I eat organic, NON-GMO etc, but MEH

I'm thinking Yellowstone is too far to drive to on my schedule.  What else is there to do?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the recommendations
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Drive about an hour and you are at the Little Bighorn Battlefield.  Worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Second on Uberbrew. Great brewery.

Redneck pizza in Laurel is a place I like going.  

Red rooster cafe for breakfast.  

Lots of good gun shops in Billings. Lotta stuff overpriced but can generally find deals on stuff everywhere if you look hard enough.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Are there any Masking rules, or anything else I should know about?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh recommendations for cigar shop

And any place that has excellent ice cream?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I eat myself sick at Softies (ice cream).

All the breweries in town are pretty good, Uberbrew is my least favorite. Carter’s is the best if you like IPAs. Thirsty Street makes some good sours. By All Means is too expensive (especially the food). Angry hanks is solid, but they don’t serve food. Likewise with Canyon Creek.

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Tippy Cow for breakfast. You'll wait for their food, but you can get a 7 egg omelette for cheap. Try the fry bread, too. Or find out where the food trucks are going to be.

We like Bullmans, but would kill for a NY-style pizza place.

I haven't found many good gun shops, to be honest. Scheels is great to walk around in. Our Cabelas is kind of weak, IMHO.

There's a nitrogen ice cream place in the mall now.

Oh, if you want an authentic breakfast experience, go to Hitts the Spot. It's in a stockyard. Get a burrito. I'll give you a PMag if you can eat it all in one sitting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I found pics of that buritto.  I think I'll pass
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Oof. I'd die immediately after.

I tried Pie Guys last night for pizza. I think that's what I've been looking for. It's takeout only.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I want to thank you guys for your recommendations.

Ate at Stella's for breakfast twice!

Had some excellent beer at thirsty Street and then dinner and beer at Montana Brewing.
Ended up enebriated swapping war stories and acting like a 21yr old jackass with a brother I lost touch with, while mourning the loss of another brother.

RIP Matt

Your recommendations made my weekend alot more tolerable.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

coffee shop - Big Sky Coffee Roasters is where I like to go to sit down. Classy and Sassy is my favorite kiosks
Craft brewery/bar - Uberbrew, Montana Brewing Company, or canyon creek
Pizza - Carbones or Bullmans
Sandwich/Deli - Off Main Deli
Burger - Burger Dive
Breakfast - Stellas, Tippy Cow, Red Rooster

Things to do. Check out scheels. Beartooth Guns. Drive to Red lodge is approx 45 mins. Its a nice little tourist town. Beartooth pass is cool to drive.
View Quote

I've been away for way too long - I grew up in MT and have a rental property in Billings, but haven't been to MT since 2017. The only recommendation on the list I recognize is Stellas - but had I seen this post earlier, I would have recommended the Muzzle Loader Cafe for breakfast.  Please tell me the Muzzle Loader Cafe is still a great breakfast spot, or don't if it's not
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have honestly never eaten breakfast there. You hardly hear it mentioned anymore.
View Quote

Since you haven't, maybe you should give it a shot. Great Montana diner type breakfast. Menu

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top