Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 7:03:46 PM EDT
Son and DIL are flying in to Seattle and driving down to San Fran for a week long vacation. What if any danger does my Son need to be aware of in coming into and leaving the airport (SeaTac) with respect to all the Antifa idiots there? ANY help or input would be appreciated. TIA!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac) is located outside of Seattle.  Unless they're planning on hanging around downtown Seattle, they will not likely see any "Antifa" types.

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s an awful airport nowadays and usually has traffic getting to the gate, so we had to wait 45 minutes on the tarmac last time, but overall not terrible I suppose.

Just be SURE to run to baggage claim ASAP as it’s pretty common for hood rats to pull up and grab bags and run out, I think it’s something about the layout there that makes it excellent for them, also had many bags “lost” for a few days there as they appear disorganized as hell.  My mom worked for Alaska for years and told me plenty of seatac horror stories.

It USED to be a good airport, albeit slow to get through TSA, but it had a nice waiting area with restaurants to chill out at and view the planes coming and going on the runways, not sure if it’s that way anymore
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Son and DIL are flying in to Seattle and driving down to San Fran for a week long vacation. What if any danger does my Son need to be aware of in coming into and leaving the airport (SeaTac) with respect to all the Antifa idiots there? ANY help or input would be appreciated. TIA!!
View Quote

Do not stop in Portland - period.  I was there Memorial Day weekend to visit my parent's resting place at the Willamette National Cemetery.  That whole city has gone downhill even further than it was last year.  It's amazing in a sad way.  Tents, tarps and graffiti literally everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do not stop in Portland - period.  I was there Memorial Day weekend to visit my parent's resting place at the Willamette National Cemetery.  That whole city has gone downhill even further than it was last year.  It's amazing in a sad way.  Tents, tarps and graffiti literally everywhere.
View Quote

Yep.  If you try to defend yourself in Portland against Antifa, *you* may be the one going to jail and being charged with 10 felonies, like Michael Strickland.

https://redoubtnews.com/2020/10/i-was-convicted-of-felonies-after-antifa-attacked-me/
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sea Tac will be ok. I agree about baggage claim. It's a million miles away from the gates and right next to the doors to the outside. Definite potential for theft.

My biggest worry would be san fran.  Smashing out car windows to steal what's in a car, shop lifting and other crimes are pretty much non crimes there. Plus needles and feces on the sidewalk. I hate cities, but I've always loved san fran. It's sad what is happening ??
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
No real danger. Seattle in general is pretty quiet and tolerable right now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Seattle, tacoma, Olympia, Portland, grants pass, San Jose, and San Francisco all have massive homeless and drug problems.  That’s a bigger issue than the BLM/Antifa.

Avoid the downtowns.

Ironically, all the keyboard warriors on Arfcom talk constant shit about European cities and their “invasion” by massive hordes of Muslim immigrants. Outside of Paris and Naples, I feel safer in European cities (Athens, Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Kraków) than I did in downtown Seattle or Olympia with the homeless and addicts wandering around like unopposed zombies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sea Tac will be ok. I agree about baggage claim. It's a million miles away from the gates and right next to the doors to the outside. Definite potential for theft.

My biggest worry would be san fran.  Smashing out car windows to steal what's in a car, shop lifting and other crimes are pretty much non crimes there. Plus needles and feces on the sidewalk. I hate cities, but I've always loved san fran. It's sad what is happening ??
View Quote

They can cut the drive time & just go to Seattle. Same diff.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#9]
They are gluttons for punishment. 3 shithole cities in one trip.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Seattle: Watch out for probable human excrement walking down the street.
San Francisco: Watch out for human excrement walking down the street.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Traffic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top