Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2020 12:50:26 PM EDT
Little late to post this, but better late than never.  Title says it all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks like there was a rally.

Anyone here attend?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
so how did it go?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so how did it go?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Only Ronnie Kilgo showed up.  He stated that he would sooner give up the office of sheriff and stand with the people than deprive a person of their God given right.

They had a petition to declare Floyd Co a 2A sanctuary county.

Like me the speakers/organizers understand that Ga was very close to going through what Va is going through now.

Estimate between 700-800 people showed up.

Mostly older, but there were some younger ones.  (I did not get to see just how many since I went and claimed a chair near the front)

A couple were openly carrying AR's, open carry sidearms were common (I was included on this), of course no telling how many concealed weapons.

Apparently they had to change venues last minute (yes when you put an event on the last week is considered last minute) due to them expecting more people than originally thought.

Stated the county commissioners were not enthusiastic about participating or helping.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only Ronnie Kilgo showed up.  He stated that he would sooner give up the office of sheriff and stand with the people than deprive a person of their God given right.

They had a petition to declare Floyd Co a 2A sanctuary county.

Like me the speakers/organizers understand that Ga was very close to going through what Va is going through now.

Estimate between 700-800 people showed up.

Mostly older, but there were some younger ones.  (I did not get to see just how many since I went and claimed a chair near the front)

A couple were openly carrying AR's, open carry sidearms were common (I was included on this), of course no telling how many concealed weapons.

Apparently they had to change venues last minute (yes when you put an event on the last week is considered last minute) due to them expecting more people than originally thought.

Stated the county commissioners were not enthusiastic about participating or helping.
View Quote
Well here is the link to the Floyd commissioners website and includes links with their contact information.

if i were you i would be contacting them, they are voted in so it helps to remind them of that fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top