Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2019 6:00:46 PM EDT
I’ve cut back on my NRA donations and I’m wondering if FloridaCarry.org  is worth investing in?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’ve cut back on my NRA donations and I’m wondering if FloridaCarry.org  is worth investing in?
View Quote
Yes, it is your best investment at the State level.

Don't expect a pretty color magazine, but your donation will be well spent.

Just my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t want them to waste any money giving me anything.  I just want to fund an organization that gives a sh!t about my rights being infringed.  I’ll get a life membership tonight.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done.
View Quote
You are a good man!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I just joined them as well as their FB group.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent.  I’ll follow along in their web page.  I’m not the Facebook user at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Excellent.  I’ll follow along in their web page.  I’m not the Facebook user at the moment.
View Quote
Their website appears to be unattended.  Nothing new there for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent.  I'll follow along in their web page.  I'm not the Facebook user at the moment.
Almost all activity has moved to Facebook
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I renewed today.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I've reached out to them in the past and asked how to get involved, offered pro bono legal, and volunteered to help fix their website. Even paid for an upgraded membership.

They couldn't bother to return any emails.

A complete waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've reached out to them in the past and asked how to get involved, offered pro bono legal, and volunteered to help fix their website. Even paid for an upgraded membership.

View Quote
Damn
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn
Yep.  Check out their website.  Their litigation efforts are years old.  They did nothing when the laws reacting to Parkland were proposed and enacted.  I'm not a fan of Marion Hammer and I think the NRA has dropped the ball big time, but at least the NRA ponied up and filed a (weak) challenge to the new laws.  To date, I'm unaware of FL Carry doing anything.

There was a thread in this forum several months or a year ago talking about trying to start a new group that would actually do something.  FL Carry is nothing but a Facebook group with a bunch of derp.  My executive membership expires this summer and won't be renewed since I've seen exactly nothing for my money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep.  Check out their website.  Their litigation efforts are years old.  They did nothing when the laws reacting to Parkland were proposed and enacted.  I'm not a fan of Marion Hammer and I think the NRA has dropped the ball big time, but at least the NRA ponied up and filed a (weak) challenge to the new laws.  To date, I'm unaware of FL Carry doing anything.

There was a thread in this forum several months or a year ago talking about trying to start a new group that would actually do something.  FL Carry is nothing but a Facebook group with a bunch of derp.  My executive membership expires this summer and won't be renewed since I've seen exactly nothing for my money.
View Quote
My observations as well.    The only sparkle in their basket has been Friday, but as I said in another post what you have in hand is one attorney and really nothing else.

My reason for the WV/Va CDL orgs model is simply that they're great examples of grassroots efforts that work...........just why in hell those good and effective examples are ignored by our Florida minions escapes me!

Hell, you DON'T have to reinvent the damn wheel to get something like this going.    I am a Life NRA member, did a national ad for them when the FOPA was in legislative debate and will join any real and meaningful group advocating for our cause...........I WILL NOT throw money at a loser that does nothing!

JBT seems to have the concern and energy along with the youth to pursue that effort...........hell, if I wasn't pushing 80 I'd kick in as well, as it stood at the time I risked a hulluva lot with the FOPA backing and even got editorialized against by the N.Y. times by name.

One thing is clear and certain tho...............none of us need a magnifying glass to read the handwriting on the wall for Floridians of our persuasion.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shoot me your contact info and I'll forward it up their chain. They are a bit busy right now with the session just starting, fighting Nikki Fried, and trying to get their April 6 event going.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn

I see Eric Friday and FL Carry at the Capitol. They just recently did a Legislative Day where their members spoke with a number of law makers. They have a number of suits against municipalities right now. They are trying to fight SB 7026 through them since it is local authorities enforcing gun control, not the state directly. Venue of courts is a real thing.

Yes, their website is horribly outdated.

They're also readying for the impending fight with BAWN! and their ballot petition initiative.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My observations as well.    The only sparkle in their basket has been Friday, but as I said in another post what you have in hand is one attorney and really nothing else.

My reason for the WV/Va CDL orgs model is simply that they're great examples of grassroots efforts that work...........just why in hell those good and effective examples are ignored by our Florida minions escapes me!

Hell, you DON'T have to reinvent the damn wheel to get something like this going.    I am a Life NRA member, did a national ad for them when the FOPA was in legislative debate and will join any real and meaningful group advocating for our cause...........I WILL NOT throw money at a loser that does nothing!

JBT seems to have the concern and energy along with the youth to pursue that effort...........hell, if I wasn't pushing 80 I'd kick in as well, as it stood at the time I risked a hulluva lot with the FOPA backing and even got editorialized against by the N.Y. times by name.

One thing is clear and certain tho...............none of us need a magnifying glass to read the handwriting on the wall for Floridians of our persuasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FL Carry has a very small but active core group. They have a membership issue where 50 promise to show up, 20 cancel at the last minute, and only 7 really attend.

Gun owners as a whole aren't active. I network with FL Carry and was with them this past weekend when they did their impromptu OC fishing event in Tallahassee. They simply called me and asked if I'd like to cover it since they knew the regular media wouldn't.

Another problem we have is no coverage of what they do.

But the biggest problem again is gun owners simply not caring and taking the initiative to do it themselves. All I see are people bitching about "Why doesn't Organization X not schedule an event ir rally?"

Why, because it isn't their job to do it themselves. Many have in the past and no one shows up. I ask why don't gun owners get off their ass and do it themselves?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FL Carry has a very small but active core group. They have a membership issue where 50 promise to show up, 20 cancel at the last minute, and only 7 really attend.

Gun owners as a whole aren't active. I network with FL Carry and was with them this past weekend when they did their impromptu OC fishing event in Tallahassee. They simply called me and asked if I'd like to cover it since they knew the regular media wouldn't.

Another problem we have is no coverage of what they do.

But the biggest problem again is gun owners simply not caring and taking the initiative to do it themselves. All I see are people bitching about "Why doesn't Organization X not schedule an event ir rally?"

Why, because it isn't their job to do it themselves. Many have in the past and no one shows up. I ask why don't gun owners get off their ass and do it themselves?
View Quote
Word.

Last year Shoot Straight arranged for and publicised free bus transportation from their stores and free car parking in anticipation of the "big" rally last year.

The buses were canceled for lack of interest and participation.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I moved here from VA and I'm quite familiar with VCDL.  They have done amazing things to protect the rights of Virginians.  Philip Van Cleave is the man.

Quoted:
Shoot me your contact info and I'll forward it up their chain. They are a bit busy right now with the session just starting, fighting Nikki Fried, and trying to get their April 6 event going.
PM sent.  It was back in summer 2017 when I was stuck at home with a baby and had quite a bit of spare time that I reached out.  I'm working with two firms now and pretty tied up most days.  Still willing to consider helping out if I can, but I can't offer anything near full time like I could in the past.

Quoted:
I see Eric Friday and FL Carry at the Capitol. They just recently did a Legislative Day where their members spoke with a number of law makers. They have a number of suits against municipalities right now. They are trying to fight SB 7026 through them since it is local authorities enforcing gun control, not the state directly. Venue of courts is a real thing.

Yes, their website is horribly outdated.

They're also readying for the impending fight with BAWN! and their ballot petition initiative.
I'd love to read more about their efforts.  It'd be great if they actually put the info online or bothered to send out an email once every six months or so.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd love to read more about their efforts.  It'd be great if they actually put the info online or bothered to send out an email once every six months or so.
View Quote
This. I haven't been on facebook in 2 years and don't plan on getting back on. There's a way for them to embed facebook content on their website to keep others like me up to date. I'm looking into joining at the $100/yr level but really want to know that my financial support is going to an org that is truly leveraging it. And as JBT says, they are. If that's the case, they need to make it known to attract more members and support.

Joining now but honestly, it's the trust that comes with the $100 membership makes it a no brainer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This. I haven't been on facebook in 2 years and don't plan on getting back on. There's a way for them to embed facebook content on their website to keep others like me up to date. I'm looking into joining at the $100/yr level but really want to know that my financial support is going to an org that is truly leveraging it. And as JBT says, they are. If that's the case, they need to make it known to attract more members and support.

Joining now but honestly, it's the trust that comes with the $100 membership makes it a no brainer.
View Quote
I just renewed my membership.. I joined this time last year.  They sent me a pin, and I didn't hear from them till my membership expired.  I wish there website would let us know whats going on, but they never even emailed me either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
We're usually pretty good about getting back to people on email but things do get missed from time to time. email me.  sean@ you know the website.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just renewed my membership.. I joined this time last year.  They sent me a pin, and I didn't hear from them till my membership expired.  I wish there website would let us know whats going on, but they never even emailed me either.
View Quote
If you aren't getting emails somthing didn't connect your account.  I'll take care of that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you aren't getting emails somthing didn't connect your account.  I'll take care of that.
View Quote
Ok thanks, I did get an email when my membership expired though.

I will try to log in tomorrow and double check my account info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#25]
There Facebook page is a complete shit show. I know several people who ditched their group do to all the anti cop rants. I am one of them. My wife left them one month ago for the same reasons. Her best friend un followed  them two days ago. It is a shame. Having members actively troll for cops does nothing for our cause. The media made FL Carry look like a joke. In my opinion, the group turned into a joke. The Miami Beach event, after the travesty perpetrated by the police was a good thing. The Ocala events are a good thing. The WPB event hurt the group. The media let the members ramble and they sounded like idiots. You had Mike Taylor running around with a swollen head and pimping out his youtube channel. Then you had the member who rambled on about how his ar15 was a weapon of war. How he had the weapon of war to repel an enemy in a red dawn scenario. Really??? Wtf. At least no one was there wearing their glock sock. I saw that for the first time at the Tallahassee rally. That has got to be the stupidest thing I ever saw. Florida Carry needs to reorganize and crack down on the stupidity. We are our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We are our own worst enemy.
View Quote
Unfortunately, this is true and probably always will be.  The media doesn't have to try hard to make gun owners look like ignorant rednecks because a segment of the 2A supporters are.  Most of us are just normal, everyday people but the fringe is what garners the most attention (and they often go out seeking that attention).

It does appear that FL Carry embraces that fringe of gun owners and that probably doesn't help them win over the mainstream, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It does appear that FL Carry embraces that fringe of gun owners and that probably doesn't help them win over the mainstream, IMO.
View Quote
Fudds used to be the mainstream.  Then these fringe people came up who balked and fought back when the Fudds said things like "You don't need an AR15 to hunt."

We coordinate with local law enforcement every time we hold an event.  We are NOT anti-LEO at all!  All but one of our board is former military and 1/2 of our board is former law enforcement.  Many of our most active members are current police officers and sheriff's deputies.
If you saw a rant from someone on our facebook group about a LEO that wasn't soon deleted or rebutted, it was because it was talking about an incident were law enforcement officer(s) violated a gun owner's rights.  We don't tolerate general cop bashing.  But if you want to talk about a department that encourages its officers to point guns at lawfully armed people and put them in cuffs without RAS of any actual crime being committed...  That's not general cop bashing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ok thanks, I did get an email when my membership expired though.

I will try to log in tomorrow and double check my account info.
View Quote
Those emails come through a different system from the email alerts.  You're all fixed and should get our next alert.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those emails come through a different system from the email alerts.  You're all fixed and should get our next alert.
View Quote
Sweet! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, this is true and probably always will be.  The media doesn't have to try hard to make gun owners look like ignorant rednecks because a segment of the 2A supporters are.  Most of us are just normal, everyday people but the fringe is what garners the most attention (and they often go out seeking that attention).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are our own worst enemy.

Then join, become active, and out number the fringe. Stop waiting on someone else to do the lifting for you and do it yourself.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#31]
The fringe already took over. As long as Mike Taylor goes off half cocked by himself trolling for cops, the groups image is tarnished. Ex: He parked one mile from a causeway to fish / hold anti Brian Mast signs. He strapped his rifle across his chest, pistol in his holster, and camera across his chest. Instead of parking near his fishing /protesting spot, he wanted to troll for a police confrontation. He got what he wanted when he was stopped as he walked thru downtown. That is not how you win over anybody. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. If you want to protest Mast on the bridge. Do it. That Traitor needs to be protested. Don't use fishing as an excuse so you can show your manhood by strapping your rifle across your chest. The group needs more members like Miami jbt. He gave a great speech at state house. He is the type of person who should be the face of Florida Carry. What they end up with is a guy at the Wpb event talking about red dawn events while he carries his ar15 fishing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The fringe already took over. As long as Mike Taylor goes off half cocked by himself trolling for cops, the groups image is tarnished. Ex: He parked one mile from a causeway to fish / hold anti Brian Mast signs. He strapped his rifle across his chest, pistol in his holster, and camera across his chest. Instead of parking near his fishing /protesting spot, he wanted to troll for a police confrontation. He got what he wanted when he was stopped as he walked thru downtown. That is not how you win over anybody. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. If you want to protest Mast on the bridge. Do it. That Traitor needs to be protested. Don't use fishing as an excuse so you can show your manhood by strapping your rifle across your chest. The group needs more members like Miami jbt. He gave a great speech at state house. He is the type of person who should be the face of Florida Carry. What they end up with is a guy at the Wpb event talking about red dawn events while he carries his ar15 fishing.
View Quote
Do you realize it is LEGAL to open carry while fishing in FL?

If he has not been fishing he would be arrested.

What does it matter if he walks a mile or 50 feet.... the cops are still gonna come out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's funny that you claim he's a cop hater because I've met him personally and let him know I'm LEO. He was cool as shit with me and was very pro law enforcement at the Capitol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
nvm I see they replied.  thanks for fighting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#35]
The idea that we tolerate anti-LEO BS is F'ing Horse Sh!t!  We don't tolerate that cr4p and I'm fuc*ing sick of the damed accusations!  I've stood the f'ing line long enough for this accusation to be beyond insulting.

If occasionally needing to call out bad officers (usually in court)) who break the faith bothers you, piss off!  Integrity demands being willing to clean your own house.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#36]
For context, I spent the day helping to finalize the lawsuit about this: https://youtu.be/lul6x5KabC0?t=1
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There Facebook page is a complete shit show. I know several people who ditched their group do to all the anti cop rants. I am one of them. My wife left them one month ago for the same reasons. Her best friend un followed  them two days ago. It is a shame. Having members actively troll for cops does nothing for our cause. The media made FL Carry look like a joke. In my opinion, the group turned into a joke. The Miami Beach event, after the travesty perpetrated by the police was a good thing. The Ocala events are a good thing. The WPB event hurt the group. The media let the members ramble and they sounded like idiots. You had Mike Taylor running around with a swollen head and pimping out his youtube channel. Then you had the member who rambled on about how his ar15 was a weapon of war. How he had the weapon of war to repel an enemy in a red dawn scenario. Really??? Wtf. At least no one was there wearing their glock sock. I saw that for the first time at the Tallahassee rally. That has got to be the stupidest thing I ever saw. Florida Carry needs to reorganize and crack down on the stupidity. We are our own worst enemy.
View Quote
I agree that the FC FB is a shit show. It makes the lack of email and website updates all that much more frustrating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top